Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I realized I hadn't received anything in some time, so I went to the website, and signed in. It then said they were having issues with my e-mail address and I needed to confirm it before I could receive any more surveys. They made it sound as if I had been contacted about this but I'm sure that never happened.

Seemed to work just fine for the previous 11 years

Anyway, if it seems like you haven't received anything for a while, sign in and see if you get the same message I got.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
Same thing happened to me. I hadn't gotten anything in ages. Logged in and the message was that they couldn't contact me with the file email address. Put in the same email and started getting offers immediately.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:13 pm

I've been getting four to five invite emails a week, but can't seem to qualify any longer. Sigh.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
I'm averaging about 5 per week. I've only racked up about $9.00 in rewards. It seems quite tedious seeing as how $25 is only worth 500 RR points.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Hilton HHonors

Just converted $100 into 7000 Hilton HHonors points. I manage to do that about twice a year. Do people think that is a good use of E-rewards?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Just converted $100 into 7000 Hilton HHonors points. I manage to do that about twice a year. Do people think that is a good use of E-rewards?
It's what I do too, so I am also curious to hear what others think.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been converting $60 ER to 500 Hertz points every quarter. Before that, I funded my HH account.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I stick to HH, but it really depends on what hotel program is your favorite.

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
No, but so what? Do you think it is?

Are 7000 HH points worth more to you than 2000 legacy airline miles? Or $34, which is roughly the value of the Southwest credit?

On an unrelated note, I'm becoming frustrated with their customer service. Used to respond very quickly to problems. Now I've had two surveys with genuine technical problems, I'm out about $5, and they aren't answering anymore. Frustrating.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
No, but so what? Do you think it is?

Are 7000 HH points worth more to you than 2000 legacy airline miles? Or $34, which is roughly the value of the Southwest credit?

On an unrelated note, I'm becoming frustrated with their customer service. Used to respond very quickly to problems. Now I've had two surveys with genuine technical problems, I'm out about $5, and they aren't answering anymore. Frustrating.
Sorry about the CS issue. They were really good the one time I needed them several months ago. Too bad it's gone downhill.

You're lucky to have any airlines as options. I've only got hotels. For me, the Hilton points would definitely be the best option.

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
That's what I do, and I don't care what other people think about it. It's the best use for me.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Really sorry to hear that since I just sent them an irate email! I'd gotten one of those interminable time-wasting surveys that takes up 15 to 20 minutes to do and then unceremoniously dumps you at the end because they had enough responses from my survey group. Definitely not cool.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I've had a few surveys where they asked me some demographics, then went on to ask opinions about products, got a fair bit of information out of me, then kicked me out. It seems to me they are becoming counter-productive being so trigger happy to kick people out. It just encourages us to try to tell them what we think they want to hear rather than our honest opinions. And they have our demographics in our profiles anyways-age, sex, race, etc, so why can't they just pre-qualify us?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Tiki
And they have our demographics in our profiles anyways-age, sex, race, etc, so why can't they just pre-qualify us?
+1
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points now instead of "dollars"?

I got an e-mail yesterday with the usual offer of e-Rewards currency:
Based on your e-Rewards(R) profile, you are invited to earn e-Rewards Currency for participating in a research survey. If you qualify and complete the survey:

Full reward amount: $4.50 in e-Rewards Currency

Full survey length: approximately 20 minutes
But today I got an survey offering "opinion points."

Based on your e-Rewards(R) profile, you are invited to earn Opinion Points(TM) for participating in a research survey. If you qualify and complete the survey:

Full reward amount: 500 Opinion Points

Full survey length: approximately 25 minutes
Hopefully, 100 opinion points = 1 e-rewards "dollar". If so, I like the change, since it makes it clear that what you get for answering surveys has no cash value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.