Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
Please see posts #4521-4524 upthread. You're now the third person, including myself, who has posted about the exact same issue. Strongly recommend that you contact them (as I've already done) and perhaps mention that you've anecdotally heard of several others with the same problem in the past week. The more they know that this is not an isolated incident, the better.

Wondering if you have an account with one of their other survey programs, i.e. Hilton Guest Opinion Rewards, and if so, are you experiencing the same issue there?
I received a brief reply from customer support confirming that my account was still active/not flagged and that they would be expediting my ticket.

I cancelled my membership to Guest Opinion Rewards when I read about the potential conflict. However, I have never taken any surveys nor accrued any points through this portal.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by jjbris
I received a brief reply from customer support confirming that my account was still active/not flagged and that they would be expediting my ticket.
Today I received a new email from the customer service rep that has been handling my issue. The rep indicated that the problem I've been having is a known issue that has been affecting other members as well, and their IT people are working to correct the problem. The rep indicated that some modifications had been made to my account to reactivate it. I'm now able to see new surveys in my dashboard, and have been completing surveys with no further problems, both on the e-rewards website and in the app. I will cautiously report that it looks like things are back to normal, and this was NOT a situation where my account had been deliberately locked out.

Last edited by bob12403; Oct 14, 2021 at 5:30 am
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I haven't had any surveys again for the last 3 days. I normally get 5-20 a day. I emailed them Wednesday and they said they would check - still nothing.... and I just got 6 rolls of toilet paper I need to evaluate :-)
apeortdz likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Melia Rewards is n ow showing up as a transfer partner for my USA account. Anyone know if the 6000 points for $80 option is a good value?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
This morning I got this email. Oh well...that is the end of this!

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Maemel

e-Rewards Opinion Panel

11/24/2021 05:24 PMThank you!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:55 am
Suspended

what did they nail you for doing? more then 1 acct? or alot more. Sorry about your outcome, can you offer some specifics to help others remain alive would be most helpful,thx
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by craz
what did they nail you for doing? more then 1 acct? or alot more. Sorry about your outcome, can you offer some specifics to help others remain alive would be most helpful,thx
I have no idea why. The only thing I can think of is this: I was on vacation for about a week. When I returned, I had tons of surveys waiting. So I sat down and did probably 50 surveys over the course of several hours. It's just weird! Most of them give 25c as you know.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by apeortdz
I have no idea why. The only thing I can think of is this: I was on vacation for about a week. When I returned, I had tons of surveys waiting. So I sat down and did probably 50 surveys over the course of several hours. It's just weird! Most of them give 25c as you know.
The last time I checked my AVIOS only account it allowed you to redeem 2 times in one go. Does redeeming 2 x 2000 AVIOS in one go still allow another redemption a week later?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I think so, yes. But it must be the full amount (2000 avios)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by apeortdz
This morning I got this email. Oh well...that is the end of this!
This is their standard copy-paste reply, nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do. I had this a few times, sometimes it went away after opening a new ticket (HUACA ) sometimes the account just got reactivated a few months later without any input from my side.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to redeem asap and thus minimise your risk of losing anything more substantial.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
This is their standard copy-paste reply, nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do. I had this a few times, sometimes it went away after opening a new ticket (HUACA ) sometimes the account just got reactivated a few months later without any input from my side.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to redeem asap and thus minimise your risk of losing anything more substantial.
Thanks for this. I will give it a few weeks and try again to get it reset. I appreciate your comment.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone transferred to Radisson (previously Club Carlson)? I need to create an activity to extend the points expiry which is set on Dec 31st 2021.

Last time I did the the transfer in this purpose on my husband's account I could not check when the transfer happened due to eRewards only keep one year's history. I transferred $25 for 1000 pts on Dec 1st to my own account just to give it enough time, hopefully the activity would show up in a couple weeks.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:01 am

Duplicate

Last edited by Tilly71; Dec 4, 2021 at 10:03 am Reason: Copy
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
I think so, yes. But it must be the full amount (2000 avios)
When did AVIOS change to redeem once every 30 x days? The last time I looked you could redeem points once a week?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
BA and IB Avios have always been every 30 days for my US-based account, thoughI haven’t redeemed for them as much this year in favor of options that are easier to use given my travel hopes over the next 2-3 years.

I am hoping the unlimited United miles sticks around for a while, even if they return pricing to normal levels.

I kind of wonder if Dynata was able to buy a bunch of bulk airline miles from select carriers really cheap in 2020 and the occasional deviation from once a month redemption is depleting excess mile inventory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.