Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by linsj
Latest Hilton redemption took 1 month, 2 days.
I've done Hilton redemptions 3 times - took 16, 17, and 18 days.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
How sad, everyones account in family was closed by e-rewards.
If opening a new e-rewards-account, would it be possible to redeem to the same hotel or airline accounts as with the old e-reward-accounts?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:20 pm

I redeemed the Hilton points on 6/25 and got it in my account on 7/1.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I think they do a batch of Hilton redemptions about once a month and when points post can vary based on how close to that schedule redemption date you redeem
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: Erewards
Angry Account Flagged/Suspension (UK)?

I'm in the UK and have been with e-Rewards since 2014. Has anybody had their account flagged and suspended recently? My first sign was no surveys coming through. I'd had a couple of issues earlier in the year with my e-mail system sending back e-Rewards e-mails and assumed the same issue had arisen. I enquired and received an e-mail back saying that my account had been flagged along with an unhelpful list of possible reasons. I can't see that I have done anything wrong; if I've slipped up it certainly wasn't deliberate. I won't copy the e-mail correspondence because I guess people will know the normal robotic and irritating standard text which says nothing that's proactively helpful. I feel like I have been convicted of a crime without charge, any evidence being presented or an opportunity to defend myself.

Has anybody else had the same and if so what have you done. I had similar in 2017, at that stage there were a whole raft of issues and somebody called Ollie from e-Rewards stepped in to sort everything out; all has been well since. I can't find anything on this Forum but there are signs having looked at Trustpilot that my experience is relatively common in the recent past.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:14 am

Hertz redemptions "failing"

Has anyone had issues lately with Hertz redemptions in particular getting posted?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jmills
I'm in the UK and have been with e-Rewards since 2014. Has anybody had their account flagged and suspended recently? My first sign was no surveys coming through. I'd had a couple of issues earlier in the year with my e-mail system sending back e-Rewards e-mails and assumed the same issue had arisen. I enquired and received an e-mail back saying that my account had been flagged along with an unhelpful list of possible reasons. I can't see that I have done anything wrong; if I've slipped up it certainly wasn't deliberate. I won't copy the e-mail correspondence because I guess people will know the normal robotic and irritating standard text which says nothing that's proactively helpful. I feel like I have been convicted of a crime without charge, any evidence being presented or an opportunity to defend myself.

Has anybody else had the same and if so what have you done. I had similar in 2017, at that stage there were a whole raft of issues and somebody called Ollie from e-Rewards stepped in to sort everything out; all has been well since. I can't find anything on this Forum but there are signs having looked at Trustpilot that my experience is relatively common in the recent past.
I think many of us have been there before. I was flagged and asked to be reinstated and they said NO. So I waited a month and asked again and I was allowed to return. I think the problem stems from doing too many surveys at a time - at least that is my take on it. I try to be honest about my answers so the only thing I can think of is just doing too many (like 20-30) surveys each day. Good luck!
Jmills likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: Erewards
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I think many of us have been there before. I was flagged and asked to be reinstated and they said NO. So I waited a month and asked again and I was allowed to return. I think the problem stems from doing too many surveys at a time - at least that is my take on it. I try to be honest about my answers so the only thing I can think of is just doing too many (like 20-30) surveys each day. Good luck!
Thanks, that makes sense; just checked my record I did 48 surveys in a 5-day period although for 39 of those I only got the 10 point (UK) token payment. Let's see what happens; I can't believe they work as they do, it's bound to irritate even the calmest of people!
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:11 pm

Has anyone had issues lately with Hertz redemptions in particular getting posted?

I redeemed Hertz points awhile back and found it completely useless. I regretted wasting my ereward dollars on Hertz, never again.

I tried to use my hertz points for a rental multiple times and never successful. Then I stopped bother and a few months ago I checked the account, my 3913 points were gone. I called Hertz and I was told the points were forfeited because of inactivity. They claimed they sent me an email notification which I never received. I was then told if I want the points to be reinstated, I need to make a rental. Hertz rental is always on a high side, its customer service is not quite there and I heard quite a few horror stories about their rentals.

So, I guess I am just letting it go, 3000 some points down the drain.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by bj2757
I hear you - and agree. I still (up until the last month) have been getting $600 a month to redeem - but having to click through 5-10 surveys just to get 1 I qualify for when they have that data and advertise they do everything they can to get us good surveys - is pretty sad.
Good regards, reading your comment it already depends on the profile that is handled in your account, sometimes they look for specific profiles, in what state and city do you reside? that also influences
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:07 am

Not my question...

Originally Posted by lililolo

I redeemed Hertz points awhile back and found it completely useless. I regretted wasting my ereward dollars on Hertz, never again.

I tried to use my hertz points for a rental multiple times and never successful. Then I stopped bother and a few months ago I checked the account, my 3913 points were gone. I called Hertz and I was told the points were forfeited because of inactivity. They claimed they sent me an email notification which I never received. I was then told if I want the points to be reinstated, I need to make a rental. Hertz rental is always on a high side, its customer service is not quite there and I heard quite a few horror stories about their rentals.

I didn't ask if the Hertz redemption was a good idea or not, I simply asked if anyone has had issues in the past week or so, getting it successfully fulfilled (after initially successfully getting an e-rewards confirmation, a day or so later my points that I had redeemed for it, are credited back to my e-rew account, with a notation by my reward redemption that it "failed"--I have successfully redeemed e-rew points for Hertz a zillion times over the years)--and, I have no issue making any other redemptions for airlines, etc.). And yes, I accurately entered my Hertz gold number. Was wondering if Hertz was causing the issue (they do have a history of having a lousy working website which I was wondering might be causing the problem all of a sudden...

And since I'm here, and notwithstanding your experience:

1. I find the e-rewards redemption for Hertz of good value, especially so as rates have soared for rental cars
2. If you can't redeem on Hertz's website or phone app, I find calling them results in availability. You also need to be aware of their blackout dates.
3. You shouldn't be relying on Hertz (or any airline, hotel) to pro-actively tell you when your miles/points expire, use a site like awardwallet or similar, or put an entry on your personal calendar to check the status every 6 months or so
4. And finally, notwithstanding your experience, I find Hertz to be the lowest in price, especially on off-airport rentals. A site like autoslash even makes the prices better, especially if you are a AAA member
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a survey about brokerage firms. There were multiple screens on each of 3 brokers. When I made it to 92% done, the next screen said the survey has expired! I am annoyed enough to send them a technical issue message and demanded for resolution.
Last time this happened 5 or 6 weeks ago they credited 80% of the rewards, saying this should not happen as the survey should not take in new participants when it was about to expire or about to fill up the number of participants it was designed for.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by lililolo

Hertz did the same thing to me. I tried to fight it but no luck. Oh well don't want to get arrested by them. I don't trust them. Ha
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Jmills

I had my account suspended at the beginning of July. Then suddenly, without doing nothing I started to receive surveys again, and was able to redeem (just had to confirm my telephone number).
So have a look, you may be lucky.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:40 pm

Has anyone tried redeeming for a $25 Uber gift card? I have tried twice in the past two days and both times the process failed. I am able to redeem other awards so that is not the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.