Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bj2757
Careful - you'll get banned! :-) Three times in the last few years I complained because I am disqualified from 7 out of 10 surveys after the first couple of questions - my age, race and sex. I told e-Rewards you have all that data and a hell of a lot more - how about doing your job and not sending me surveys I am not elig for and quit wasting my time. All three times my account was suspended within days :-) So far they always let me back in :-)
I've been banned twice but somehow they always seem to let me back in without a big deal.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:37 am

Did anyone else get the Longhorn Steakhouse gift card? It was available briefly in March 2022 at $50 for 135 points. I got one and that was it.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:23 am

Welp E-rewards has closed me down. I have been gone for over a month in Japan, and over there I tried to access the surveys (was bored that time). Started one, and then kicked out. Didn't think much of it. Came back to US wrote e-rewards and told them "I think I know why you guys stopped my account, its because I was outside of the country."

They said I have "Unfortunately, our system detected multiple account violations and suspended your account"

Heres were it gets interesting though, I have a 2 year long laundry study with them, and they monitor my laundry usage and all. I have a few $100 worth of equipment from them that they use to monitor me, and our agreement just got extended for another year so in 2023 I will be returning the equipment."

What can I write to them to get my account re-activated and stop this nonsense from them? Should I threaten them and say if you want to do this, your laundry monitoring equipment will go in the trash?

Need advice on this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Did anyone else get the Longhorn Steakhouse gift card? It was available briefly in March 2022 at $50 for 135 points. I got one and that was it.
I saw it was on the list of rewards - but at the time I had just used all my points. When I came back a week later it was gone and I haven't seen it since - and I really want to try the Longhorn but my head won't let me go and pay full price :-)
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Anyone else having problems redeeming for IHG today? I had two failed attempts, and then pivoted and had a successful United miles redemption that went through instantly so it doesn’t seem to be a general account issue for me.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by brabb12
Welp E-rewards has closed me down. I have been gone for over a month in Japan, and over there I tried to access the surveys (was bored that time). Started one, and then kicked out. Didn't think much of it. Came back to US wrote e-rewards and told them "I think I know why you guys stopped my account, its because I was outside of the country."

They said I have "Unfortunately, our system detected multiple account violations and suspended your account"

Heres were it gets interesting though, I have a 2 year long laundry study with them, and they monitor my laundry usage and all. I have a few $100 worth of equipment from them that they use to monitor me, and our agreement just got extended for another year so in 2023 I will be returning the equipment."

What can I write to them to get my account re-activated and stop this nonsense from them? Should I threaten them and say if you want to do this, your laundry monitoring equipment will go in the trash?

Need advice on this.
Wait a few days and ask real nice and they will probably let you back in. I've had this happen before. Remind them that you were travelling and mistakenly accessed your account from abroad. Let us know if you get back in.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Did an IHG redemption attempt this morning and it’s working again and posted to my account instantly
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:03 am

Wait a few days and ask real nice and they will probably let you back in. I've had this happen before. Remind them that you were travelling and mistakenly accessed your account from abroad. Let us know if you get back in.
I actually did tell them that, that was the first thing. But I decided to go on the offense and nicely tell them that we kinda have an agreement for the laundry study im doing with them long term, and that since I have their equipment that if they kick me out, they may not get their equipment back.
They told me they will take a second look. I also called their DYNATA office in Colorado, and talked to someone and told them the situation. The person that answered the phone actually handles the laundry studies so she is investigating herself.
Should be interesting how this ends up.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by brabb12
I actually did tell them that, that was the first thing. But I decided to go on the offense and nicely tell them that we kinda have an agreement for the laundry study im doing with them long term, and that since I have their equipment that if they kick me out, they may not get their equipment back.
They told me they will take a second look. I also called their DYNATA office in Colorado, and talked to someone and told them the situation. The person that answered the phone actually handles the laundry studies so she is investigating herself.
Should be interesting how this ends up.
UPDATE: They re-instated my account with E-rewards. Im back in with them.
apeortdz and beachmouse like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
There seem to be a few annoying surveys back that kick you out with only 25 points after fully completing them. Just done one for Cancer Research UK. Answered the final household income question and then got the screen out message.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:50 pm

When I go to the erewards website today, it doesn't automatically log me in. I have to actually log in each time now. Anyone else seeing this issue lately?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:08 pm

Well I got suspended again. I have no idea why. I went to Europe for 10 days and did no surveys. When I returned, there were none in my queue. I sent a message and they said that they would review my account and let me know in 2-3 days whether they could turn my account back on. Crazy! I will let you all know the results.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:05 pm

Well I got suspended again. I have no idea why. I went to Europe for 10 days and did no surveys. When I returned, there were none in my queue. I sent a message and they said that they would review my account and let me know in 2-3 days whether they could turn my account back on. Crazy! I will let you all know the results.
Reinstated today - it took ten days to get this resolved.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Just been welched on after completing a survey about the new show "The Rig" on Amazon Prime. Had to spend 47 minutes watching the show, and then give thoughts afterwards. Over an hour spent on this, all in. 1,200 points promised. After pressing the final "Press Continue to complete the survey" button (at 100%), I then got the dreaded "Sorry, you don't qualify" screen and the 25 points consolation prize. Furious.

Seems to be happening more and more lately, but this is really on another level...
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Just been welched on after completing a survey about the new show "The Rig" on Amazon Prime. Had to spend 47 minutes watching the show, and then give thoughts afterwards. Over an hour spent on this, all in. 1,200 points promised. After pressing the final "Press Continue to complete the survey" button (at 100%), I then got the dreaded "Sorry, you don't qualify" screen and the 25 points consolation prize. Furious.

Seems to be happening more and more lately, but this is really on another level...
I had this happen once before (not the same show) and it makes me skip the surveys where I have to watch a very long video. It is annoying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.