Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brabb12
ok. e-rewards is getting really weird. They won't allow me to do surveys or redeem for rewards. Ive already emailed them about the issue but no response and its been almost a week. If they stop my account its gonna be awkward since I have a bunch of equipment from them for a laundry study im doing. lol
Yeah, I got jammed up from them during a TP study I was doing for Ipsos. It took over one month for me to get reinstated, so I never was able to properly complete the study.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Yeah, I got jammed up from them during a TP study I was doing for Ipsos. It took over one month for me to get reinstated, so I never was able to properly complete the study.
I've been doing e-rewards for over a decade, and in the last 1-2 years I've had my account frozen more times than in all the prior years, even though I have done absolutely nothing different or in violation of the T&C, and always provide them with honest answers. I think they may have stepped up their screening process to "catch" people who they believe are answering too quickly, and/or perhaps trying to answer too many surveys in a single day. (Total conjecture on my part.)

Typically what happens is that even though I can access my account, I have no surveys in the dashboard, and I stop receiving offers via email. In addition, when I try to redeem for an award, I get the dreaded "Error message QSB0303-17." In general, my experience after writing them has been that after waiting 7-10 days I receive an email with some boilerplate advice to clear the cache, try a different browser, etc etc. I write them back, politely tell them none of those things work, and there is something happening on their end. The next response usually comes several days later telling me that the problem has been resolved.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So they have fixed my account which starts receiving invites. They also cleared the old cell number and gave instruction on how to link a valid one though I haven't done that part.

I attempted a few surveys on Feb 9th after the surveys resumed. Only able to finish 2 smallish one (4.50 and 2.50) and about 6 of 0.25. After being cheated by one with "further questions for incentive bonus" that did not return a bonus even finished the quite lengthy additional questions, I called it done. That was on Feb 9th.

Today on Feb 13th, Sunday - every single survey I attempted - from the invite or on the website page, after a bunch screening questions the survey turned out being "this opportunity has expired" - Has anyone seen this type of scenario before?

Would this self-corrected over time or another ticket is needed? really discouraging to continue doing this.

PS
Just tried spousal account - it behaves the same. Looks like it is eReward's system issue? happens on weekend?

Last edited by Happy; Feb 13, 2022 at 8:35 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Happy
Today on Feb 13th, Sunday - every single survey I attempted - from the invite or on the website page, after a bunch screening questions the survey turned out being "this opportunity has expired" - Has anyone seen this type of scenario before?
In a word: Yes. Might be that the surveys you're trying were holdovers from when the account was not responding. Or you may not be the right fit for the demographics that they're looking for on these particular surveys. Or who knows what else (although I can tell you it's not a weekend issue, as I've successfully answered surveys today and yesterday.)

E-rewards can work in mysterious way. Try again later tonight or tomorrow and see if you still have problems.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I tried redeeming for Hilton points. The e-rewards account is in my name and the Hilton account is in my wife's name (same last name). I think this worked successfully in the past but now it has not posted after one week. When I redeem for IHG points (for my own account - same full name) it takes a few seconds. Anyone else have any issues with this?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I tried redeeming for Hilton points. The e-rewards account is in my name and the Hilton account is in my wife's name (same last name). I think this worked successfully in the past but now it has not posted after one week. When I redeem for IHG points (for my own account - same full name) it takes a few seconds. Anyone else have any issues with this?
Haven't had any problems with this, as long as I correctly put the correct account name when redeeming (and it is usually different than e-rewards account name).
apeortdz likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob12403
In a word: Yes. Might be that the surveys you're trying were holdovers from when the account was not responding. Or you may not be the right fit for the demographics that they're looking for on these particular surveys. Or who knows what else (although I can tell you it's not a weekend issue, as I've successfully answered surveys today and yesterday.)

E-rewards can work in mysterious way. Try again later tonight or tomorrow and see if you still have problems.
My husband's account has the same issue of "this opportunity is expired". His account has not had any issue like mine - been getting invites / surveys on the site. Sometimes he has good luck of getting several eligible surveys on a single night, even though mostly in the $4 to $5 range. Yet his account is having the same "opportunity expired" issue. I have not tried a different browser or change to incognito window. Wonder that would make a difference.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:18 pm

My husband's account has the same issue of "this opportunity is expired". His account has not had any issue like mine - been getting invites / surveys on the site. Sometimes he has good luck of getting several eligible surveys on a single night, even though mostly in the $4 to $5 range. Yet his account is having the same "opportunity expired" issue. I have not tried a different browser or change to incognito window. Wonder that would make a difference.
Doubtful that it would make a difference, but certainly can't hurt to try. You might also try downloading the e-rewards app and see if that has similar issues.

Out of curiosity, when you get the "opportunity expired" message, does it also present you with a new survey?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doubtful that it would make a difference, but certainly can't hurt to try. You might also try downloading the e-rewards app and see if that has similar issues.

Out of curiosity, when you get the "opportunity expired" message, does it also present you with a new survey?
The new survey immediately shows up right under the "opportunity expired" message. But when you open the new survey sometimes it immediately returned the same "opportunity expired" message, sometimes had prescreening questions then gave the "opportunity expired" message - it does not make any sense because normally the failure at prescreening would only return either enough participants or not eligible, and then a $0.25 is awarded. Yet on Saturday no matter what scenario it came back with "opportunity expired". I am not in mood to try again yet.

Update -

So today is Tuesday, a couple days after the initial "opportunity expired" symptom. I tried to take survey again. It worked flawlessly on husband's account both from Invite emails and on the site. He even earned the $15 promo (a targeted? offer that if you finished 3 surveys before Feb 20th, you earned $15 bonus).
I then tried my own account. It started fine, working from both Invite and on the site. Was able to finish 2 surveys and a few "enough participants" (earn zero on those). Then the same "opportunity expired" symptom popped up. So I stopped. Hope the site will reset after hours have passed.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 15, 2022 at 11:21 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:57 pm

So today is Tuesday, a couple days after the initial "opportunity expired" symptom. I tried to take survey again. It worked flawlessly on husband's account both from Invite emails and on the site. He even earned the $15 promo (a targeted? offer that if you finished 3 surveys before Feb 20th, you earned $15 bonus).
I then tried my own account. It started fine, working from both Invite and on the site. Was able to finish 2 surveys and a few "enough participants" (earn zero on those). Then the same "opportunity expired" symptom popped up. So I stopped. Hope the site will reset after hours have passed.
So at least it sounds like your account is moving in the right direction. Maybe in another day everything will reset and all will be good!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So at least it sounds like your account is moving in the right direction. Maybe in another day everything will reset and all will be good!
Let's hope so. I suspect it requires a couple days to reset as I just tried and the "opportunity expired" still there. Will try again after 2 days lapse.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Please share! We should all give the same answer!
Well, I don't think anybody reads them anyway, it is a quality check. It just has to look meaningful, something like "jhbi uygiuygo oyguy" does not pass.
I have put "My biggest headache with technology today is the transition to cloud." as "pinned" in the Android clipboard and it persists there even after I restart the phone.

Last edited by neuromancer; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:02 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Could you have been using a VPN or maybe your ISP might have made it look like you were in a different country? Ignoring the pre-screening that takes place on e-rewards' own site, when they send you off for a proper paid survey I think they make a number of checks such as that your IP address matches the country whose panel you signed up to. I live in the UK but, inexplicably, my devices often report me as being in The Netherlands!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Could you have been using a VPN or maybe your ISP might have made it look like you were in a different country? Ignoring the pre-screening that takes place on e-rewards' own site, when they send you off for a proper paid survey I think they make a number of checks such as that your IP address matches the country whose panel you signed up to. I live in the UK but, inexplicably, my devices often report me as being in The Netherlands!
No VPN used. The network is literally in the same county where I live, may be less than 15 miles away - one of the biggest internet provider, Xfinity.

His account sees the Opportunity Expired message on Sat, when I went to check his after my account suffered such. Then 2 days later both accounts worked - tried his first then after several surveys, tried mine - was able to finish 2 eligible ones and a few $0.25 - then encountered the Opportunity Expired message again. Tried later at night still the same even with incognito. I would let it rest for another day or two to try again.

Google seems the only site that constantly thinks I am in UK when I go to it. Nobody else does that, other than insists I am in Miami versus Ft. Lauderdale. The latter applies to a lot of national retailers websites, incl Walgreens and CVS, the most prominent drug stores (equal to UK's Boots). and the Home Depot, again the biggest home improvement chain in US. I have No Idea how that happens.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:34 pm

I completed about three weeks ago now one of those invitation surveys to complete a daily diary on gambling site adverts.
Q is how long after completing & submitting your weekly diary entries does the reward points take to be credited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.