Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: JetBlue, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by randix
No way I'd ever provide that information, for a few points from an e-rewards survey??? Guess everyone has their own comfort level.
It's just viewing activity. I haven't seen that survey but I don't really care if they want to know how many times I watched Breaking Bad. It's not banking information.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm pretty pissed about a survey I got a couple days ago. It was about netflix and it asked me to sign into my netflix account and there was directions on how to download my viewing activity. Was skeptical about giving that info but after I attached the downloaded file was greeted with the message that they already had enough respondents from my group. If that was the case they shouldn't have had me attach my netflix viewing activity.
I'm glad I told them that that I would not do this and disqualified myself.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by mirror74
BA Avios from 19 June still no show...
from 6/6 is still MIA
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
In terms of earning, survey credits have been taking 2-4 days to post for me for the last 3 weeks.

In terms of redeeming, transferred to IHG. Points posted in less than than a week, so still normal for IHG.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pointshogger
In terms of earning, survey credits have been taking 2-4 days to post for me for the last 3 weeks.

In terms of redeeming, transferred to IHG. Points posted in less than than a week, so still normal for IHG.
UK account: done bunch of surveys in the last 3 days, nothing has posted. Zero.

Last edited by mirror74; Jul 5, 2019 at 1:32 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
One of our accounts suddenly closed - total BS reply when inquired. Luckily total loss is just 500 Avios worth, but annoying.

Following two independent reviews of your account we have had to maintain your account suspension. Your account was suspended after issues related to your account activity were identified.
As a renowned market research provider, known for the quality of data we provide our clients, we take the validity of our research data very seriously. When we have concerns regarding the accuracy and/or thoughtfulness of our members' responses, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and address the matter.
We appreciate your participation on our panel, however, after two reviews of your account we are unfortunately unable to reinstate your account.

I've been emptying and now closing all other accounts - this has become a scam operation. Redemptions not posting, clicking survey links takes through many redirects and ending up with a no survey page, etc, etc. E-rewards used to be rather bad until about a year ago, it became totally useless last autumn.
Counsellor likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
UK account: dDone bunch of survey in the last 3 days, nothing has posted. Zero.
Likewise, but only since yesterday nothing is posting (again).

I also recently got a survey with a home trial of a medical product. I genuinely qualified, and an additional £100 was offered for completing the trial. They accused me of never returning the product so I sent them a screenshot of the delivery tracking. The £100 then became converted to $ and points posted to my account based on the e-rewards $-> exchange rate - ~13k points. I can redeem this for about 5000 Avios/4000 Virgin miles/£30 Amazon vouchers, etc. While the £100 offer was vague (it never mentioned cash or conversion to points) so I was sceptical of what I'd get, but the points received are nowhere near £100 cash.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by CeeGee
Redeemed 6th June,to date nothing,reply to a ticket says they have my award on the system but to allow 4/6 weeks!!!
Thats right - it does actually say in Ts&Cs to allow up to 35 days .Im still waiting on an Avios redemption made 6/6 too ...but yet still not quite the full 35

Last edited by docklander; Jul 6, 2019 at 6:32 am Reason: clarification
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
On 3 July I attempted to take about 12 surveys, only qualified for 2 or 3 and got the 25 cents for the rest. On the same day my wife also attempted 12 surveys and didn't qualify for any. My wife's account shows 25 cents credited for all 12 surveys - my account has nothing since 1 July!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
UK account: done bunch of surveys in the last 3 days, nothing has posted. Zero.
Canadian account: it's been 5 days since I last received any rewards, still counting. And I've been doing surveys every one of those days. A little frustrating...

Last edited by pointshogger; Jul 8, 2019 at 1:26 pm Reason: Wanted to quote a post.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Response

I sent eRewards a message a few days ago asking why my account hasn't had anything credited since 1 July (still) and received a reply to day saying they are having issues and not to worry they are working on it and all the credits will show up...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
I sent eRewards a message a few days ago asking why my account hasn't had anything credited since 1 July (still) and received a reply to day saying they are having issues and not to worry they are working on it and all the credits will show up...
Well, this would be fine, but until something actually posts, I am not waisting any more of my time doing surveys that are not rewarded at all.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:50 am

First it was 35 days (5 weeks) now it is six weeks and the only reply you get is a cut and paste one.I may be wrong but I think there maybe something seriously wrong at E Rewards.I assume they have to buy the "Avios" before they can award them.Maybe this is the root of the problem.My thoughts alone,nothing concrete to back up this thinking.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I'm also seeing a lack of points for surveys from a few days ago - have been used to them posting at worst overnight; US account. Don't know if it's related, but my "find a survey" button is greyed out, even though I didn't do any yesterday (usually it recharges at least within the day). Are other peoples' buttons active? Wondering if they are slowing down new stuff for a while based on the crediting problems they are having.

FTF
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: none
It's very suspicious that if you Google 'e-rewards Trustpilot', the reviews up to April this year were extremely negative, many one stars. Then since June there has been a huge sudden influx of 5 star reviews for them saying things like 'I enjoy doing surveys and getting rewarded'. I suspect that they are now paying people to write these reviews to compensate for all the negative ones during the first quarter of this year. Plus, most of the lower rated reviews have been reported by e-rewards and now say 'e-Rewards reported this review for breach of Trustpilot guidelines. We are currently assessing the review in accordance with our reporting processes.'. So they are obviously trying to pull some kind of damage limitation effort.
mirror74 likes this.

Last edited by mrputin; Jul 9, 2019 at 8:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.