Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I am getting this message over and over again (5+ times). Any fixes?

I still get invitations to my email account...
The 3 accounts at home have been getting this message for the last 6-7 weeks, even right after receiving an invitation. I guess we'll unsubscribe completely one of these days...
Old May 7, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Answer a few questions to find a new survey. Well, there are not a few questions, there are A LOT and it's all BS. We had to fill out profiles when we started, so what is this garbage?
How about when you get the same couple of questions between every survey you try to start? When I say "try", they all bomb out immediately saying the survey has expired and giving no credit, not even partial.

This clearly isn't harvesting more data, it's just pure incompetence and time-wasting.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:55 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by josmon10
The 3 accounts at home have been getting this message for the last 6-7 weeks, even right after receiving an invitation. I guess we'll unsubscribe completely one of these days...
Clearly some issues happening then. Thanks josmon10.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:53 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
...when ever we get these emails lately, once you go in, we're getting this BS: Answer a few questions to find a new survey....
It has now been months since I actually got a survey instead of the above message, even when I click on the link within seconds of the email arriving.

I was really hoping to get ~$4 to redeem for Hertz, but maybe I will just redeem what I can somewhere and delete my account.

Really wish it were otherwise, since it wasn't that long ago that I could reliably count on e-rewards for a couple of thousand Hertz points per year.

I thought about a BBB complaint, but suspect it would make no difference.
mirror74 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
A couple of updates: I tried just responding "None" to the "Answer these questions to find a new survey" pages (although some required some sort of answer). The supply of surveys seemed to slow down and then I got an e-mail from e-Rewards on "How to Unlock More Surveys". The answer: provide information on those pages that don't give you any points. Bah. Have started answering them and I'm getting a few more.

Don't bother with anything on vaccines. Twice I took surveys on that subject, provided a good amount of thoughtful input to their questions (my attitudes, what persuades me/dissuades me in deciding which to get) and then got kicked out.

E-Rewards really needs a "Report this Survey" button when you get kicked out with pity points. Even if they didn't check every complaint they could look for the surveys that get a lot of them.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by cblaisd
It has now been months since I actually got a survey instead of the above message, even when I click on the link within seconds of the email arriving.

I was really hoping to get ~$4 to redeem for Hertz, but maybe I will just redeem what I can somewhere and delete my account.

Really wish it were otherwise, since it wasn't that long ago that I could reliably count on e-rewards for a couple of thousand Hertz points per year.

I thought about a BBB complaint, but suspect it would make no difference.
One place to leave a review is www.trustpilot.com . It may not make a difference, but it could help you feel slightly better about your experience. There are at present only 15 reviews on e-rewards, and their average rating is just 2 stars (Poor).

(There used to be another ratings site called www.planetfeedback.com , but that one has been on hiatus for quite a while.)
Old May 16, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Another bad survey alert: 67% into a long survey with ads from Fidelity, the survey stopped loading. It's just a page with the progress bar showing the percentage completed but the rest doesn't load. I should have known better, it's an SSI survey. If you qualify for this one, don't waste your time on it.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:46 pm

New feature...

Surveys On Demand

Hi XXXXXXX

Ready to earn even more with e-Rewards?
We’ve upgraded your profile, so you now have unlimited access to surveys.

In the past, you were limited to checking for surveys once a day.

Now, you can see what's available whenever you like. No more waiting for invites!

Simply log in and click “Find A Survey” to view all your studies. Give it a try and earn your next reward in no time.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I got that yesterday, too. Doesn't make a big difference for me; I can typically turn up more surveys by clicking on old "You Have a Survey" e-mails.

Glad to have more surveys, though. My Hilton point balance is looking a little lean and my 5-year old granddaughter doesn't want to stay anywhere else in Chicago but the ORD Hilton where she can see the action at the airport across the street.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Interesting if this allows you to complete more than 3 surveys per day...
Old May 18, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Interesting if this allows you to complete more than 3 surveys per day...
There was a time last summer when it was allowing me 10 per day from old e-mail links. Be nice to get back up to that number.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Got that too...does seem to work, meaning that you can just go from the home page for "find a survey" rather than the minor inconvenience of using old e-mails. As noted, though, doesn't make any real difference in the end.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've never had a limit on my account, and the "Find a Survey" button has been on my home page from the beginning.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by linsj
I've never had a limit on my account, and the "Find a Survey" button has been on my home page from the beginning.
What some of us were referring to wasn't that we didn't have the button on the home page but rather that it was greyed out (instead of brightly colored) and didn't work after the first survey accessed using the button. Did your button "stay lit" after you came back from finishing a survey? Anyway, it's new for those of us who just got that notice.

FWIW, I don't think I had a limit, either (or at least it was higher than 3, as I've done more at a sitting).

Anyway, a lot of people apparently have different configurations or limits, accounting for different experiences with the site.

FTF
Old May 20, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got the notice email, too, so they probably sent it to everyone. My button usually is "lit" after taking surveys from emails, as well as when I go directly to the home page. Interesting that they don't treat everyone's account the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.