Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

Am I the only one here not beeing able to selected my seat on the Android app ? It works on a web browser though.

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi everyone,

Am I the only one here not beeing able to selected my seat on the Android app ? It works on a web browser though.

Thanks
Have used the mobile app to select seats on my Android tablet before without a problem, though it was a few weeks ago at New Year. Don't know if something's changed since then.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
If there is any cabin crew hierarchy with QR, I don't think it's that obvious.
Senior staff wear grey. Everyone else wears burgundy. It's not quite like CX or SQ where you see 4 completely different uniforms and you can peg their rank instantly. I've seen QR cabin supervisors actively helping out with meal service and mattress toppers, and they don't seem to favour any particular aisle.

In my experience, you can get great or mediocre service on either side. The best and most memorable service for me thus far came from a junior crew member was when I was sitting in 6J on a 777, so seniority and the left side aisle does not always equate to better service.

OWS/E recognition is more obvious in Y class. It's usually the crew who's in charge of your section who will greet you and offer you first choice of meals. In J, they don't seem to overtly treat any passengers better than others - at least not that I've noticed! (at least the crew don't get queried about evian water bottles!)
Thanks for the input!!!!! I won't be too worried selecting a seat on the right aisle then (which I never do so on CX )
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:34 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi, it's me again :-D
Is this possible to collect qmiles on Cathay Dragon (ex Dragonair, KA)?
Just one thought from me on this, you state that you are "executive club silver" - is this British Airways Executive Club? Bear in mind you don't really want to dilute your programs too much. Do you really want another OW program if you have Silver already?

The one upside is that if you are QR Privilege club member, flying and earning on QR you will earn more.

I would just be wary of splitting my programs.

Of course, if my first statement / assumption is wrong then just ignore this.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Just one thought from me on this, you state that you are "executive club silver" - is this British Airways Executive Club? Bear in mind you don't really want to dilute your programs too much. Do you really want another OW program if you have Silver already?

The one upside is that if you are QR Privilege club member, flying and earning on QR you will earn more.

I would just be wary of splitting my programs.

Of course, if my first statement / assumption is wrong then just ignore this.
You are of course right that partaking in too many FF programs isn't that smart. But then again, QR often has mileage multiplier promos, mostly in combination with other sales. In those cases, it would be stupid not to credit on QRPC.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:10 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by TBD
Thanks for the insight.

Rushed?! We land at 5p. The tour signup closes at 6:45p. The tour starts at 8p. I realize we'll run the risk of it being 'sold out', but what on earth will we be doing that takes up most of that 3 hour block?

Edit: Other than apparently waiting for our flights to land. It looks like flights from the US have been coming in late recently...
FWIW to future travelers - my flight landed 40 mins late and I got to the QR tour desk at about 615. Still plenty of 'slots' for the tour, and so joined without a problem. The tour 'forms' like an hour before departing because you'll have to go through immigration. If you're traveling in Y, it can be a long wait to get out of the airport.

It was nice to get out of the airport, but I didn't think that the tour was great. If you've got loads of time, I recommend just getting the visa and seeing Doha on your own schedule. Someone posted a good self-tour itinerary here somewhere.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:23 pm

@Beano HK
I completely agree with your point of view and in normal circumstances I try to collect miles in one FFP in certain alliance (I collect them also in Miles&More but it's a different story).
However, my case is exactly as described by @makrom. I booked 2 QR flights in J, one of them with 4x Qmiles and second with 5x Qmiles and I guess you agree it's too generous offer not to take advantage of it ;-)
Besides, my BAEC silver will end in January 2018, so I had to choose, if I try to extend it for next period or try to get status somewhere else. Since QR's promo appeared, the answer was quite obvious (although, unfortunately my 2 J flights won't be enough for Privilege Club gold and I'll need to make something more by the end of May 2018).
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hi All,

I want to buy a ticket for a friend on QR. She will fly from Asia to Europe. I've sent email to QR asking if she will have to show that credit card during the check in process. I've got replay from them which I would classify as unprofessional stating that Customer Care is not to ask questions like that. They said that they have forwarded my email to Web Support department. However, I haven't hear from them in 2 weeks. And I'm not expecting to hear from them anymore.
Before I throw away $1500 on a ticket with them I would like to know if it's ok to purchase a ticket for another person. I know that some airlines would require to show up at any of their offices or airports where they fly from to show the card as a proof.

It's sad that I have to ask on the online forum, instead getting this simple information from the airline.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Hi All,

Any comments are greatly appreciated!
I have done this in the past, my wife having a copy of the credit card with my signature and some approval statement.

Once you buy the ticket they also tell you that you can pass by one of the country offices, but that will be good if they have one in your city which is not the case for everyone.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:07 am

bwiadca welcome to the QR forum.

If you purchase a ticket using your own credit card then you risk being asked to verify that the card used is actually yours. This verification can be a very long process with CC statements and other documents needing to be furnished. Many credit cards have a verification guarantee scheme, such as Verified by Visa. If you use such a scheme then you are very unlikely to need to show your credit card. You would not normally need to show your credit card if you have used a TA, a payment system such as PayPal. or possibly even a registered company.

You may find http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ease-help.html some help.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I bought a ticket for my mother (different surname and different country of residence), and got the request to send them online copy of passport & CC statement*. After that, no problem and she did check-in normally.
If i didn't receive that request, I would have provided my mother with a copy of the CC, copy of my passport and maybe also a copy of CC statement.

Must also say that I have a QR office close to me so I would had no much issues to go there and show the card.

*I had this request twice, one even for ticket for myself and husband, and resolved both online within a week.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:49 am

If your card issuer also uses online verification, such as "Verfied by Visa", then it's likely it won't be requested at all either.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:15 pm

As has been suggested, if you purchase the ticket through an agent, local or online such as Expedia etc, then payment verification is through them, not QR. Once the payment goes through for them, your reservation is confirmed. QR will not be interested in seeing your CC as they already have payment for the ticket.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you All for the answers. The nearest QR office that I can think of is at IAD. However, if I can purchase ticket via OTA then it's even better.
I usually use United Chase or AA Barclays, and both have verified by Visa or MasterCard online thing. But it seems that OTA is the best option. Don't have to worry about ruined vacations because of CC verification.

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm trying to book a reward flight from Europe - Tokyo but I keep getting the message that this route is not available to book in miles. Has QR somehow taken off Tokyo because of all the people booking the fare in the last sale? This is really a mystery. I've been trying for a few weeks now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.