Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:20 am

sivapc the available information about e-mail upgrade offers is to be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...17-thread.html.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jrobin
From a travel agent, I purchased an Economy Oneworld Explorer Ticket issued on QR stock last October.
I travelled two sectors: CAI-DOH-ORD but my travel plans have changed and I am unable to use the remainder of the ticket.

As I understand it, the rules for a Oneworld Explorer ticket are shown in
https://www.oneworld.com/documents/1...9-d346ec820edf

The rules included in Section 16. VOLUNTARY CHANGES/REROUTING/PENALTIES
are as follows:

(b) Cancellations and Refunds
(1) After ticket issuance - Cancellation/No Show Forfeit 10% of ticketed fare for Economy Class fares ...
(2) ...
(3) For partially used transportation the refund if any will be the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the transportation used less the fee specified in (1) above.

So clearly to me, there should be a refund if the transportation used is less than the fare paid.

So as I see it, I should be able to request a refund after deductions for transportation used (CAI-ORD) and for 10% of fare.

However, my travel agent has told me "the Airline (QR?) ticket rules on your booking confirmation say:
After departure:
All flights are non-refundable. No refund value if part flown
."

As the ticketing airline, does QR not provide refunds for partially-used tickets according to the Oneworld Explorer rules?

Thanks.

The meaning is basically the same. After departure, each of your remaining segments will be repriced as one-ways for refunds, so it is highly unlikely that there will be any residual value for a refund to be applicable in this situation.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
The meaning is basically the same. After departure, each of your remaining segments will be repriced as one-ways for refunds, so it is highly unlikely that there will be any residual value for a refund to be applicable in this situation.
1. I do not understand what you mean by "remaining segments"? Do you mean each of the "used segments"?

2. If so, the used segments CAI-DOH-ORD were flown as a connection.
Would the price for CAI-ORD on that date in L not be used in QR's calculation of refund owing?

Thanks

Jim
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:39 pm

Is there a way to check how many qmiles it will cost for an award booking? I am trying to check and it says "You do not have sufficient Qmiles to proceed with booking". I don't want to transfer my qmiles from my SPG if award booking is not available.

Looking to booking 2 business tickets 6/4/2017 PHL to DPS
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:32 pm

bhav2k1 welcome to FlyerTalk and to the QR forum.

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...alculator.page gives you all the information you are asking for regarding Qmiles, both earned and burned.
If you wnt to get an idea of availability then there is a slider button top right on the second page of 'Make a booking'.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: British Airways
What is the earliest I can check in at Stockholm airport. Flying Business class to Hong Kong via Doha.
Also, at HK airport for the trip back.

Many thanks
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Im booked for MAD-DOH-BKK-KBV one way journey. Earlier I was booked MAD-DOH-KBV, but due to a schedule change, they moved me via BKK to connect with the PG flight. My question is: Is it possible for QR to check my bags only till BKK? I do not want to fly BKK-KBV.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:12 pm

pumatwin welcome to the QR forum.

QR has a standard check/in time of three hours prior to departure. This is quite strictly policed. So Three hours before in both ARN and HKG.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:23 pm

Jgp777 only if you cancel your BKK-KBV flight. QR are quite strict about luggage following the passenger and your ticket says your final destination is KBV so they will only check baggage to there.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:26 am

Mileage entitlement

First post, please be gentle.

Recently flew LHR-BKK, returning HKT-LHR, booked in QR business class. Unfortunately on my departure day from UK the inbound flight to LHR was delayed by several hours. Qatar had notified me of this on the morning of departure, and they re-ticketed me at the desk in T4, flying direct on the Thai Airways service to BKK, thus avoiding a lengthy delay. QR return from HKT was faultless.
Mileage has been credited to my Avios account with BAEC for the return flight on QR, but the outbound flight haan’t been credited. Have I forfeited my entitlement by accepting a change of carrier on the day of departure? I would welcome any views before I contact ExecClub customer services. I am not a member of Star Alliance.
As an aside, the leg on the Thai A380 was good, but the Brane-Cantenac on Qatar’s wine list was sublime.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:39 pm

Peapod1 welcome to FlyerTalk and welcome to the QR forum.

You need to contact BAEC and make a retro claim for the LHR-DOH-BKK flights as your original routing due to an involuntary operational rerouting with TG. You may need to present proof in your boarding pass and original reservations but certainly with QR just the original reservation number and the TG flight numbers were sufficient for crediting the original miles. The key words are 'involuntary operational rerouting'!

My only experience was with QR and to a QRPC account but I am sure there are others who have been in your situation and can give more precise details.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:14 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:09 am

Does anyone have any experience about how long it should take to credit BA flights on QRPC?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:48 am

Jeff_
1 did you pay Sale or Presale prices for your tickets? If the sale prices were used then it is proven that the sale was on and it was 9th. January!

2 Was the origin of origin of your flights CDG or another airport in the same timezone? If it was a timezone Westwards say LHR and you made your booking before 01.00 CET 9th January then date at flight origin was still the 8 th January.

I am not looking at the right or wrong of QRs action just at probable causes. I am sure there are others that we know nothing about.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:02 am

makrom I have no experience in having OW partners credit my PC acount but there are some guidelines.

Airlines collect these 'cross crediting' transactions together and exchange them at intervals. It does not happen every day but I think it may be weekly for most OW partners. Some more frequently and yet others, mostly the smaller partners, less frequently.

I saw somewhere (but where?) that it takes about a week for QR to credit BA flights to your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.