Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:19 am

Hey guys, I am looking to use QR to go to Bali for my honeymoon in June. Ideally I would like to surprise my fiancée with business class but tickets right now are ~$5.5k vs. $1k for economy. This would be from NYC to DPS.

Do the 2-for-1 companion fares come often and should I just wait to book my airfare? I have a ton of UR and SPG points but so far don't see flights via BA or other transfer partners.

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by bhav2k1
Hey guys, I am looking to use QR to go to Bali for my honeymoon in June.

[Snip]

Do the 2-for-1 companion fares come often and should I just wait to book my airfare?
Given that you're set to fly in June and that this is your honeymoon, I wouldn't gamble too much with the tickets. If you're set on C, you might consider other options. CX is quite good and is cheaper at the dates I selected. If >4k/per.

I would definitely start looking for tickets, maybe even for more unusual (but comfy) routes. Sometimes a combination of an open jaw flight and two stop-overs may be cheaper and more adventures.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:01 am

I am a QRPC member. If I apply to credit a OW partner flight sometime after the flight, will the validity period of the resulting Qpoints be calculated according to the flight date or according to the date when my application got acknowledged? Also, if these points will increase my QRPC tier, will that tier increase happen after crediting the points or will it retroactively be after the flight?

The reason why I'm asking: I will be 30 Qpoints short of becoming gold shortly and have an upcoming BA flight that would give me 32 Qpoints. After that, I will foreseeably not fly OW for at least 4 months, so these 4 months of gold status would be wasted.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:10 am

makrom your Qmiles and Qpoints are first valid from the date they are credited your account and expire one year after your flight date. Shoule they be so delayed that you miss your promotion window then you must request a retroactive promotion since they were earned within the qualification year. Your promotion date will be the original flight date.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: QR Gold
If I am flying Y on CX, can I credit the miles to my QR account and use AM for an upgrade? Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:39 am

flyyme you can credit your miles, etc to QR PC. You just need to add your PC number to your CX booking.
Qmiles, cannot be used for upgrades on OW partner airlines. Thus only CX miles for CX flight upgrades. But you can redeem an upgrade on a CX flight with CX miles and have miles earned on that reservation credited to QR.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: QR Gold
remdk, thanks for the clarification
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: qatar airways
Hi I have just reached gold status with qr .
And I have got my 40 Qcredits !. if I reach platinum will I get 60 more Qcredis
To make a total of 100 ? or will my total = 60 Qcredits AS in my40 + 20 more for
reaching the top level in the program .
Many thanks for any help in this question ! .
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:53 pm

gerryaero welcome to FlyerTalk, and especially to the QR forum. You may find the dashboard a very useful tool when looking around the forum.

Qcredits are valid for one year from the date of issue and then expire.
When you reach Gold for the first time you will receive 40 Qpoints. Subsequently if you retain Gold as your status level then you will receive 40 Qpoints upon renewal of Gold after one year. When you reach Platinum for the first time you will be awarded 60 Qpoints valid from one year from the date you reach Platinum. If it is within one year of reaching Gold then they are in addition to the 40 Qpoints you received for reaching Gold. Thus for a period of time you will have 100 Qpoints. But remember the two different expiry dates! If after one year you retain your Platinum status you will be awarded 60 new Qpoints for doing so.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA Explat, HHonors Diamond, PATCO81
Blocked adjacent seat for OWEs?

Elsewhere in the QR forum it is noted that when space is available, the seat adjacent to a One World Emerald traveler in Business or First Class will be blocked (held empty) for the convenience of the OWE. How will Qatar know my OWE status in order to provide this benefit?

Thank you for your insight.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by PTK346
Elsewhere in the QR forum it is noted that when space is available, the seat adjacent to a One World Emerald traveler in Business or First Class will be blocked (held empty) for the convenience of the OWE. How will Qatar know my OWE status in order to provide this benefit?

Thank you for your insight.
PTK346 welcome to the QR forum. You may find the dashboard a useful tool.

When making a reservation if you supply your FFP number then you will see that your FFP Status will be printed on your boarding pass. It is as simple as that. If you do not supply your FFP number until check-in then you will not receive this undocumented benefit.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA Explat, HHonors Diamond, PATCO81
QR Forum Dashboard

remdk, the QR dashboard is a terrific resource. Thanks for all the effort you have put into it.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
QR Rules re Cancellation and Refund for Partially Used Oneworld Explorer Ticket?

From a travel agent, I purchased an Economy Oneworld Explorer Ticket issued on QR stock last October.
I travelled two sectors: CAI-DOH-ORD but my travel plans have changed and I am unable to use the remainder of the ticket.

As I understand it, the rules for a Oneworld Explorer ticket are shown in
https://www.oneworld.com/documents/1...9-d346ec820edf

The rules included in Section 16. VOLUNTARY CHANGES/REROUTING/PENALTIES
are as follows:

(b) Cancellations and Refunds
(1) After ticket issuance - Cancellation/No Show Forfeit 10% of ticketed fare for Economy Class fares ...
(2) ...
(3) For partially used transportation the refund if any will be the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the transportation used less the fee specified in (1) above.

So clearly to me, there should be a refund if the transportation used is less than the fare paid.

So as I see it, I should be able to request a refund after deductions for transportation used (CAI-ORD) and for 10% of fare.

However, my travel agent has told me "the Airline (QR?) ticket rules on your booking confirmation say:
After departure:
All flights are non-refundable. No refund value if part flown
."

As the ticketing airline, does QR not provide refunds for partially-used tickets according to the Oneworld Explorer rules?

Thanks.

Last edited by jrobin; Mar 6, 2017 at 8:24 am Reason: improved clarity
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:31 pm

PTK346 thank you for your appreciation of the dashboard but it was, and still is, msm2000uk and Prospero who designed and introduced it. I am merely 'putting some flesh' on their huge efforts.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:34 am

how often the upgrade offer mails are sent?

had an email last night and successfully upgraded to business class for two (KUL-DOH) for U$ 800.00 (yahoooo). now i'm eagerly awaiting the prospect for a return flight upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.