Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador

Hi there

We'd like to introduce the concept of the "Newbie Lounge" to the QR forum. We've used it successfully in other forums. So if you are new to FT or new to flying Qatar, and have a question, please post this here.

This thread will become a "sticky" meaning it will sit at the top of this page.

As always, Zol and I welcome any feedback for improvements to the QR forum

Regards

eightblack and Zol
Moderators - QR Forum
kaveeshapunsara likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: PR, CX, QR, EK, ICH-PC, ACCOR
diamond tier

Guys,

Diamond Tier in QR is there such a thing?

EY Guest program asks you if you have other FFs and if you select QR it would display all the current + "diamond"
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi TamagOchi,

Kindly be informed that there is no Diamond Tier in the Qatar Airways Privilege club. At the moment we have Gold, Silver, Burgundy and Privilege club.

To find out more about the Membership tier and benefit, please log to http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-benefits.page

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
First Class

Hi,
I am trying to price 2 First tickets LHR-DOH-MEL out 6th Jan 13 and return 31st Jan, website keeps saying only business class on the DOH-MEL sections is the correct?.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by red duster
Hi,
I am trying to price 2 First tickets LHR-DOH-MEL out 6th Jan 13 and return 31st Jan, website keeps saying only business class on the DOH-MEL sections is the correct?.
Hi Red duster,

Please be noted that the service from Doha to Melbourne is operated with 02 cabin classes which are business class and economy class. If you wish to book flights on mixed class, please contact the nearest Qatar Airways reservation or send me a private message with full name of passenger and preferred iten so I can make a provisional booking for you.

Best regards,
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi Alex,

Thanks for prompt reply but really want to go First Class on the whole journey.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
i asked this in the OW joining thread, but probably should have asked here...

How much would it cost to fly EWR-AMD on award travel using AA points? I was hoping it would not be like BA where just the fees would more than a cheap ticket

Also. How is the award seat availability on Qatar? I'm *a gold and thinking of switching to OW
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: PR, CX, QR, EK, ICH-PC, ACCOR
Thank you Alex!

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi TamagOchi,

Kindly be informed that there is no Diamond Tier in the Qatar Airways Privilege club. At the moment we have Gold, Silver, Burgundy and Privilege club.

To find out more about the Membership tier and benefit, please log to http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-benefits.page

Best regards,
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by joejoe666
i asked this in the OW joining thread, but probably should have asked here...

How much would it cost to fly EWR-AMD on award travel using AA points? I was hoping it would not be like BA where just the fees would more than a cheap ticket

Also. How is the award seat availability on Qatar? I'm *a gold and thinking of switching to OW
Hi Joe,

Our redemption partnership with One World is currently being looked at and hopefully after 8-12 months, it will be available.

For the cost of award travel on AA point, please contact AA for further assistance and information.

Best regards,
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
I may be taking a QR flight GRU-EZE next month. Can anyone tell me my mileage earning options? My main FF accounts are with AA, BA and UA.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by MileHigh
I may be taking a QR flight GRU-EZE next month. Can anyone tell me my mileage earning options? My main FF accounts are with AA, BA and UA.
Hi Milehigh,

Kindly log to http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-airlines.page to find out more about our airlines partner.

Best regards,
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Etihad Silver
Lounge Access

Hi, a couple of questions to clarify the statements in the benefits section of the website.

I have recently obtained Gold status, could you tell me if I am entitled to have a guest join me in business lounges at any airport when flying Qatar?

Is the lounge for Gold members in Doha the gold or Oryx lounge?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Sheffield16
Hi, a couple of questions to clarify the statements in the benefits section of the website.

I have recently obtained Gold status, could you tell me if I am entitled to have a guest join me in business lounges at any airport when flying Qatar?

- Complimentary guest lounge passes Receive four guest passes per year and invite additional guests to join you in the Oryx Lounge.

Is the lounge for Gold members in Doha the gold or Oryx lounge?
- Unlimited lounge access
Enjoy the Oryx Lounge in Doha and business class lounges at select airports regardless of your class of travel.

Best regards,
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Etihad Silver
Thanks Alex. My printed booklet must be out of date now.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:55 pm

Is the only way to grab a exit row seat, to meet up early at the airport or are they some times open during OLCI?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.