Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Imkindofabigdeal
Hello,
I'm trying to wrap my head around this Qmiles program as i will be making many trips YUL-BAH this year.
I dont quite understand the economy to business/first upgrade process. Coming from AC*E we use Eupgrade credits to go from one class to another.
Obviously after making Silver/Gold with Qatar how is this done?

Thanks
There isn't a process unless you are talking about upgrading using points which has to be done in advance through your PC online account or by sending an e-mail to QR requesting the upgrade. Not a efficient process at all as you may have to go to a QR office to pay the fuel fees and pick up your new upgraded ticket.

There are no upgrade credits with QR.

The process for upgrading using your PC gold/silver status is as follows:
Insha-Allah
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: QR platinum, HH diamond, Hyatt GP diamond, UA Premier Gold
Hello,
I'm trying to wrap my head around this Qmiles program as i will be making many trips YUL-BAH this year.
I dont quite understand the economy to business/first upgrade process. Coming from AC*E we use Eupgrade credits to go from one class to another.
Obviously after making Silver/Gold with Qatar how is this done?

Thanks
The process is rather old-fashioned.

You can use Qmiles to pay for upgrades; no other way exist although you can be lucky to be bumped up to premium categories anyway (not that that happens very often, at least not on flights in the Middle East). I find the amount of Qmiles required to be rather high, but maybe that's just me.

Process is that you log in to your Privilege Club account where the booking in question has to be listed, i.e. your PC# needs to be added to the booking by your TA. There is no way to do this by yourself using the booing reference or similar. Then you select the booking and follow the flow through "Redeem an upgrade", at which point everything goes offline with no particular visibility. No online availability information, no online acknowledgement etc, you'll instead be informed by QR at an unspecified time later whether the upgrade was successful or not.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:21 am

I see on the Qatar site it says 45,000 miles to upgrade from Economy to Business and 75,000 from Economy to First....all one way only
That definetly sounds like alot considering i will only earn 6766 miles one way from Montreal-Doha

But looking at the QPoints i will earn 45 points for one way trip so acheiving Gold status would only take me 3 round trips which is easily achievable in 6 months.

I guess this will help when trying to accumulate the maxium miles to upgrade

When it comes down to it though....3 round trips in Economy to get 1 upgrade one way still is alot
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:21 am

I see on the Qatar site it says 45,000 miles to upgrade from Economy to Business and 75,000 from Economy to First....all one way only
That definetly sounds like alot considering i will only earn 6766 miles one way from Montreal-Doha

When it comes down to it though....3 round trips in Economy to get 1 upgrade one way still is alot
"Welcome to the worlds 5-star airline"
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I guess if your Company thought your butt was worth a J class seat, they would pay for it.
Meanwhile, come and sit down the back with me ! We could buy each other a beer (isn't that desperate).
Old May 21, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Any way to get Qatar award tickets through a partner without fuel surcharges. I know it was possible when United was a partner.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:21 am

Heloo Everyone...
Today I tried to issue a ticket from LHE-MAN on Qatar Airways.I entered my credit card details and everything worked fine and I got error that 'The itinerary cannot be modified' but when I saw bank account my money was deducted and I didn't receive any conformation email I called Qatar but they didn't help Can anyone tell me why it has happened and what is the solution
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Have you looked in your spam folder?

If you have PNR you should be able to see your itinerary in 'Manage my Booking'.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver, Carlson Gold, QR Burgundy
When does status expire?

I just earned Burgundy status with Qatar. The card that shows up on my online profile says that it expires 31 Dec 2013. Is status really only valid for the year that it was earned? I thought that normally airline status carried over to Feb of two years from when earned (My status earned in 2013 would carry over to Feb 2015.)
Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by kataka
Have you looked in your spam folder?

If you have PNR you should be able to see your itinerary in 'Manage my Booking'.
I have PNR but ticket is still on hold and I haven't received creadit card payment conformation yet and my bank says that money has been delivered to Qatarairways
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by acaron
I just earned Burgundy status with Qatar. The card that shows up on my online profile says that it expires 31 Dec 2013. Is status really only valid for the year that it was earned? I thought that normally airline status carried over to Feb of two years from when earned (My status earned in 2013 would carry over to Feb 2015.)
Your tier points will be set to zero instantly on 1 jan, and the status is only for the year earned. However, when you get your physical burgundy card, it will say "valid until feb 2014", so in reality, if you didn't requailify, status will last until 28 feb 2014.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
And by the way, I see it is your first post here. Welcome to flyertalk and the QR fora, acaron!
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Your tier points will be set to zero instantly on 1 jan, and the status is only for the year earned. However, when you get your physical burgundy card, it will say "valid until feb 2014", so in reality, if you didn't requailify, status will last until 28 feb 2014.
+1
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver, Carlson Gold, QR Burgundy
Originally Posted by intuition
And by the way, I see it is your first post here. Welcome to flyertalk and the QR fora, acaron!
Thanks for the welcome and info! I just found flyertalk and am amazed by the wealth of information and the willingness of everyone to help.

I'm a little disappointed with that quick expiration. I guess that's the price of earning an elite status with one round-trip!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
acaron,
if you earned your burgundy level in 2013, just get the upgrade now, of course it is valid all of 2014.
It's valid the current year you earn it, and the next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.