Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azlan136
.... And some kind of guarantee that they Qatar Airways will be responsible if i miss the connection?

Bare in mind it is 2 separate ticket/itineraries
With seperate ticket/itineraries you and you alone are 100% responsible for the connection. You may have to collect and re check bags. The passport you hold can make a difference. 1hr 50 min is not a lot. Personally I would do this, but your choice

Why not take a train from Frankfurt to Berlin ? It is not far.

(double posting the same question is not in accordance with FT t&c's)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:38 am

Where can I find specific information about meal options and menu on QR from DOH to JFK business class? There's nothing specific on their website. I've flown QR J before and DOH-ORD menu was totally different from ORD-DOH.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Higherandhigher
Where can I find specific information about meal options and menu on QR from DOH to JFK business class? There's nothing specific on their website. I've flown QR J before and DOH-ORD menu was totally different from ORD-DOH.
It's not 'official' but Sixth Freedom did a very nice trip report on this route a couple of years back;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...k-iah-doh.html

Might be of some use to you...
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Is the transit hotel offer available for award flights, free or paid? I just booked IAD - JNB with 12 hour layover for two in business (AA One World distance award), wondering if I'll be able to work with Qatar or get my own hotel. Same question on return with 9 hour layover.
To answer my own question, No (as expected). I stopped in the local Qatar office and the agent said it had to be a revenue ticket booked on Qatar stock to qualify for either the free or paid transit hotel. That was the simple answer, I dont know if there are additional rules.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:29 pm

How do I search for award space on QatarAirlines without having a FFN for Qatar Air when BA.com does not recognize the route?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Thomastraveller
< Taking shopping out of the equation > what is the lowest possible number of QR points useful for a redemption reward flight?

For instance, could one fly one way domestic US( on AA ) or domestic UK ( on BA ). I suppose if the same question were asked about Avios, 4,500, I think, gets you economy domestic on AA.
Does anyone have an answer to this? Perhaps things have changed with the change of alliance.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Campath
How do I search for award space on QatarAirlines without having a FFN for Qatar Air when BA.com does not recognize the route?
Have you tried one of the generic search engines like
http://beta.awardtravelr.com/
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: QF
During Doha transit, does the checked luggage get scanned?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:10 am

On QR's seat selection page, exit role and bulkhead seats are marked with 'limited recline / last to be assigned'. I can understand that these seats are a bit narrower due to the positioning of the tray table / IFE screen. But why the limited recline? And why does QR assign them last? They seem rather desirable to me, with leg rests and extra leg room.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Exit row seats are only assigned at airport check in.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by StAIR
I can understand that these seats are a bit narrower due to the positioning of the tray table / IFE screen. But why the limited recline?
If the row behind them are emergency exits as well, a fully reclined seat would block egress in an emergency.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:32 pm

I am travelling on A330 and B772 in business cabins and selected the back row for both flights.
However, I've read on FT, where the second mini cabin (rows 5-7) is used for families. The back row of A330 seems okay.
I can change to 2JK in front cabin of 772. Row 1 must be blocked, does it open up at check in like exit rows?
Also, how crowded is the Premium Lounge in Doha at 06:00am on a Sunday, is it likely that there would be chairs & small tables vacant?

Last edited by blutek; Dec 31, 2013 at 3:29 am
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by blutek
I am travelling on A330 and B772 in business cabins and selected the back row for both flights.
However, I've read on FT, where the second mini cabin (rows 5-7) is used for families. The back row of A330 seems okay.
I can change to 2JK in front cabin of 772. Row 1 must be blocked, does it open up at check in like exit rows?
Also, how crowded is the Premium Lounge in Doha at 06:00am on a Sunday, is it likely that there would be chairs & small tables vacant?
The second mini cabin is sometimes used for families, they can appear in the forward cabin. A couple of times I've relocated to an otherwise empty rear cabin because of this but Row 2 is always my first choice under normal circumstances.

Row 1 (B777) A/B & J/K is usually blocked. I think they're considered to to be bassinette seats, which doves tails with the details above. They're normally allocated at airport check-in.

The PT might be quite busy at 6am & it might be a challenge to find all the chairs around a table vacant. Don't be afraid to ask the lounge staff for assistance, I've previously found them quite helpful in that respect. Probably not as busy as around midnight though if you know what that's like.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:55 am

Thanks for the bassinette caution, we have a 3 hour transit at Doha, then the daytime sector. Hopefully the new terminal may be open by the time this trip comes around.

Last edited by blutek; Dec 31, 2013 at 9:43 pm
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by blutek
Thanks for the bassinette caution, we have a 3 hour transit at Doha, then the daytime sector. Hopefully the new terminal may be open by the time this trip comes around.
It's not only a new terminal - It's a new airport!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.