Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by aboerr
I don't think there are any list of that.
AFAIK the only real F left is LHR-DOH and CDG-DOH.
Before I think both MUC and FRA had real F to DOH also.

If someone have any more routes, please share.
MXP-DOH only on QR034 (not always, but often)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
One suggestion would be to go to http://www.theqatarsource.com/ and follow those planes that has F seats.
Interesting site. Thanks for that!

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
I couldn't find anything on the QR website that suggests I can earn Qpoints on oneworld airline flights.. Please say that I can! It is quite logical anyway but I need some assurance!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:52 am
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by beduin
I couldn't find anything on the QR website that suggests I can earn Qpoints on oneworld airline flights.. Please say that I can! It is quite logical anyway but I need some assurance!
Not on OW just yet, but on BA. See here
http://www.qatarairways.com/email/pv.../29/index.html

The OW announcement is here
http://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/members-elect
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
Thnx eightblack they did not mention Qpoints (loyality points), they only mentioned Qmiles (reward miles).. I need to know about Qpoints cuz I am based in the UK currently and will be using BA quite alot..
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
What is the timetable for checking/redeeming award availability with QR?
I know that BA and QF FFs can redeem awards in their programs at T-350 while AA FFs only at T-330.
TIA
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, SQ Silver
What is the procedure of getting to the hotel ( we have an over 8 hour layover in Doha from IAD to SIN. flying Business class. Do we go the the premium terminal first or are we transported directly form the plan. Also can we make a trip to the city as we arrive about 5.30pm and leave only at 2.20 am the next day?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, SQ Silver
QR Businness as good as F on some carriers

Originally Posted by henry999
Can anyone point me to a list or map showing which routes have a first class cabin available?

cheers,

Henry
Actually the Business class on QR 777-ER300 as as good a some first class cabins. They also have great wines and champagne ( but no Dom like in SQ F ) and Bollinger Rose is very drinkable! Service is excellent. However most Doha -Europe flights use 330/320 planes and the Business class then is about the business class of other airlines except SQ. Service however is maintained in the smaller planes.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jagxj6man
What is the procedure of getting to the hotel ( we have an over 8 hour layover in Doha from IAD to SIN?
Never done it myself but I believe this has to be arranged in advance via the local QR office, or Doha if they can't help. There have to be no other connections available within 8 hours regardless of expense or inconvenience for you to qualify.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

If granted I believe you report to the approporiate desk in the the Arrivals terminal & QR do the necessary from there.

Originally Posted by jagxj6man
Also can we make a trip to the city as we arrive about 5.30pm and leave only at 2.20 am the next day?
Assuming your hotel stay goes ahead, & after you have your Qatari visa, there's nothing stopping you acting like any other visitor to the city. At that time of day a walk down the corniche & a visit to the souk would be most peoples choice, very nice things to do I can assure you! Even if you're not given a hotel room you can pay for your own visa on arrival (assuming you qualify for one) & visit the city.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by beduin
Would be surprised if you could earn Qpoints on OneWorld flights. Qpoints are what dictate QR FF member status & therefore QR would limit those to people who actually fly on QR planes, not other airlines. It would leave open the possibility of QR having Gold members who have never set foot on a QR plane.

Qmiles on OneWorld flights yes, Qpoints probably not.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 3:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: EB Diamond, M&M SEN, QR Gold, AY+ Gold, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by impeymac
Would be surprised if you could earn Qpoints on OneWorld flights. Qpoints are what dictate QR FF member status & therefore QR would limit those to people who actually fly on QR planes, not other airlines. It would leave open the possibility of QR having Gold members who have never set foot on a QR plane.

Qmiles on OneWorld flights yes, Qpoints probably not.
I cannot think of any OW programme that works like you suggest.

There most certainly will be earning of Qpoints on OW-flights after QR joins.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by intuition
There most certainly will be earning of Qpoints on OW-flights after QR joins.
Fair enough, can you give us a link for that please as beduin already asked this question & didn't receive an answer.

Also, can someone also explain to me why OW member airlines have their own status cards/levels when the equivalent OW membership status levels should suffice for all.

Not trying to be a smart arse, genuinely don't know the in's & out's of the system & willing to learn.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: EB Diamond, M&M SEN, QR Gold, AY+ Gold, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/earning-redeeming-miles

Expert from OW, bolding mine:
...You will earn miles in your own programme whenever you travel on eligible flights and fares of any oneworld alliance airline. Qualifying flights will also count towards advancing or maintaining your tier status. And, when you are ready to redeem your rewards, you can do so across the alliance's worldwide network, with some 850 destinations across the globe.

This is OW standard, I don't think QR can have it any other way.
What we don't know at this time is what fare classes will earn and how much they will earn. QR will have to post an updated earning chart when joining OW.

QR might stipulate "a minimum of x segments must be flown on QR" as part of tier requirements, like AA has. Just take note that said AA does not enforce this rule - there are many AA elite members who has not flown AA in many years.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:38 am

Thanks for that.

Seems odd you can maintain status with an airline without ever going near them, to me at least, but if them's the rules... Having said that QR are notorious for going their own way. And when I say QR I actually mean their CEO.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by impeymac
Also, can someone also explain to me why OW member airlines have their own status cards/levels when the equivalent OW membership status levels should suffice for all.
Well, probably because the purpose of the FF-card is to build loyalty. Most people will sign up for a card of their "home" airline, and that airline is eager to keep the FF tied in. An airline branded loyalty card works best for that.

The alliance-connection is more of a peripheral perk. It is first when the FF start to go to destinations not served by his home carrier, the alliance starts to matter.

I think there are very very few people who starts by evaluating alliances first, and then choose FF programme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.