Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3,BA
Thank you both for your info.

Originally Posted by impeymac
Or, if you don't mind keeping your bags with you, just keep your burgundy wallet hidden & get off the bus at the Arrivals terminal. Many pax with long transits visit Doha, really shouldn't be a problem.
This might be the best choice. It will give us more time and we will get back earlier to PT and beat the late night arrivals for a shower (hope).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Where to credit Qatar miles ?

I will have four flights with Qatar.

Outbound in Economy O
- US Airways program = 25 %

Inbound in Economy Q
- BA program = 75 %

Are there any other options to credit the miles? I do not want to open an account Qatar.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Cash Upgrades?

Now that QR is part of Oneworld there is one more reason to finally try QR, esp. with the great TXL-DOH-HKG prices ^
Based on FT and other sources there used to be cash upgrades but that opportunity apparently ended.
Are cash upgrades still offered?
Is there any general indication as to how much they are running nowadays?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: SQ KF
Premium Terminal Services

Hi all

First-timer on QR J here. I have an 8.5 hour overnight (11pm - 7.30am) transit in Doha coming up next month. My booking class is I, so I don't suppose I'll be eligible for STPC.

Do the services (buffet, duty free, spa, games room) cease during those hours?

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by tshep
Hi all

First-timer on QR J here. I have an 8.5 hour overnight (11pm - 7.30am) transit in Doha coming up next month. My booking class is I, so I don't suppose I'll be eligible for STPC.

Do the services (buffet, duty free, spa, games room) cease during those hours?

Thanks!
Hi tshep

When you arrive at 11pm, you'll still get some food. The lounge is pretty busy at this time anyway since the whole european wave arrives.
I don't quite know if/when they stop serving dinner, or if there is a small selection during the night.

In the morning, they start the breakfast-buffets at around 5am if i'm not mistaken, might also be 6am though. In any case plenty of time for you to grab something before boarding.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:37 pm

I am trying to do a booking on the QR web site and hitting this error.

I am trying to use my AAdvantage number which is alphanumeric. I have selected AA as the frequent flyer program.

How do I get around this?

Last edited by ihavebeenseen; Oct 27, 2013 at 5:20 pm
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by peterdudas
can't recall it but will be traveling through tomorrow, I could post back.
Originally Posted by zehbra
I think it was simply "WEB", hope peterdudas can confirm...
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
At least I can confirm.... use it a couple of times a week. "WEB" and it is open.
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the response. Much appreciated! ^
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ihavebeenseen
I am trying to do a booking on the QR web site and hitting this error.

I am trying to use my AAdvantage number which is alphanumeric. I have selected AA as the frequent flyer program.

How do I get around this?
I had a similar issue recently booking a flight for my son, although I recall that my error message stated only that the AA number was supposed to begin with a number rather than with a letter. (My son's AA account number starts with a letter rather than with a number; the rest of the family's account numbers begin with numbers.) I went ahead and booked the ticket without his AA number, then called QR and ask them to insert his number manually. It showed up on his QR boarding pass just fine, although the miles have not yet posted to his AA account. Of course, the required 15 days before making a mileage request on AA.com have not yet run, so I'm still hoping.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:22 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on how QR's revenue management works? I'm looking to book a companion ticket under the current offer ex-HKG, which books into D class. The flight I'm looking for currently has 1 D class ticket on offer from LHR-DOH-HKG. The combined journey show as follows in ExpertFlyer:

QR 2 LHR-DOH F8 P8 A7 J9 C7 D1 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 G0 O9
QR 816 DOH-HKG J9 C8 D7 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 G0 O9

So it looks like QR 2 is where the squeeze is. Looking at QR2 alone shows:
QR 2 LHR-DOH F9 P9 A9 J9 C9 D6 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 G0 O9

With those load factors, is it likely that another D class ticket will be released on QR2 married to QR816? Or should I opt for another option instead?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: QF, VA, SQ
Hi there

My question is not strictly related to QR's Privilege Club, rather booking conditions on a QR fare from SIN-CPH. The fare basis is DRTSG.

I'm trying to nab the (very attractive) fares currently on offer but am not 100% sure of my travel dates. Basically, the cancellation / change fees seem very reasonable. I'm just trying to establish whether I will be subject to fare increases if I book now and the fare changes by the time I know my actual travel dates. I've tried to decipher things on Expert Flyer (in the Voluntary Changes section) but it makes little sense to me!

Hopefully there are some much more well informed lurkers on here who can help!

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: Qantas
Hi all,

Similar (but not exactly the same!) to a previous question; I arrive in Doha at 18:15 and fly out at 01:35. I don't really want to hang around the PT all this time (I am flying Business both flights).

1. Is it possible to go through arrivals, buy visa, get shuttle/taxi to a hotel - have ~4 hours at the hotel for a shower/food/sleep and get back to the airport 2 hours before my flight?

I assume since I will already have my boarding pass I only need to be at the airport 2 hours (less?) before my flight departs and I can go straight to the PT from the hotel.

2. Any hotel recommendations? Close to the airport if possible.

Many thanks for any input.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi Guys,

Trying to select a seat for set of flights booked today for this Sunday. Partner is flying and is bronze.

I am not even sure if the benefits come across but when the etkt was issued there was seats assigned already (This is a corporate TA booking).

Just tied to change them and it is now coming up with this message:

At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631)
Your reservation is confirmed, but your special request could not be processed for these flights. Please contact us for further information. (4609) (4609)

Anyone can offer advise on what to do?

/AE
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:51 am

Hi, I will be traveling in J class next March from HKG to BCN. I am in Marco Polo silver.

Under One World, can I credit the air miles from Qatar to CX? Please advise.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Welcome to FT, Stnf!

Of course. You should check the asia miles pages for Qatar earnings. If it isn't displayed yet, it will soon.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Welcome to FT, Stnf!

Of course. You should check the asia miles pages for Qatar earnings. If it isn't displayed yet, it will soon.
Thanks intuition.^

Guess I can ask the agent to enter the asia mile # during the booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.