Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:57 am

any possibility of upgrading with Avios on qatar ?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wonderer9089
Any possibility of upgrading with Avios on Qatar ?
No. You can only use Avios to upgrade eligable BA/IB/AA tickets
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Exp, HH Diamond
Confirm I have this correct please

1. Planning to arrive DOH from DXB at 0030, ticketed in J. I will have access to the premium terminal before my onward flight to US? Specifically verifying that the lounge is available 24/7.
2. As far as planning to sleep while there, is this generally accepted or do the lounge staff frown on this?
3. As of now the new airport is not opened, though planned to be in April of 2014.
4. Is there still a delay for when QR plans to relocate their operations due to need for lounge access?
5 is it still the case that J passengers on flight with only J and Y service cannot access the F side of the lounge?
6. Having started to read TRs and other online info, the service and seat in new J seem to be highly rated, anyone have any negative comments or thoughts on this?

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mjr1975
1. Planning to arrive DOH from DXB at 0030, ticketed in J. I will have access to the premium terminal before my onward flight to US? If you're flying out of DOH in J, Yes Specifically verifying that the lounge is available 24/7. Yes
2. As far as planning to sleep while there, is this generally accepted Yes - try & bag a recliner near the windows or do the lounge staff frown on this? No
3. As of now the new airport is not opened, though planned to be in April of 2014. *Yes/No/Who knows (* delete as applicable!)
4. Is there still a delay for when QR plans to relocate their operations due to need for lounge access? That was the reason cited when the 2013 delay was announced
5 is it still the case that J passengers on flight with only J and Y service cannot access the F side of the lounge? Yes
6. Having started to read TRs and other online info, the service and seat in new J seem to be highly rated, anyone have any negative comments or thoughts on this? Don't know what you mean by 'new' J, are you referring to the B787? The B777, your most likely long haul chariot to the USA, is outstanding in J

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I'm thinking of spending midnight - 6 am in the lounge rather than trying to get to the Marriott and back. On a Business Class ticket so have lounge access, but also have Priority Pass, should I pick Qatar Business Lounge over Oryx Lounge for napping?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
I'm thinking of spending midnight - 6 am in the lounge rather than trying to get to the Marriott and back. On a Business Class ticket so have lounge access, but also have Priority Pass, should I pick Qatar Business Lounge over Oryx Lounge for napping?
Assuming you are on a QR flight in business? Then go QR business lounge in Premium terminal. Don't think twice.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by intuition
Assuming you are on a QR flight in business? Then go QR business lounge in Premium terminal. Don't think twice.
Thanks yes QR business flight.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Remember its called the Premium TERMINAL, not just Business Lounge, and that should tell you all you need to know. Best 'lounge' I've ever been in^
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Online booking - Entered Travel Document Date wrong

Hi
I have booked online , realized that i have entered travel document expiry date wrong ( 27 instead of 26 )
I dont see online option to update/change the same

- Is that critical to be corrected ??
- Online update is possible or just to call CSR ??

Thanks
-Rbn
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold; CX Gold; *A Gold
Hi

I travelled with J class QR recently - using my BA Executive Club details - the BA number was printed on my Boarding Pass for all sectors. I think my QR Privilege Club number was somewhere on the booking and it turned out my QR account was credited.

Do you know how I can get this reversed and miles sent to BA?

I'm getting no answers to my emails to QR and seem to wait in line for over 30 mins on the Doha phone line.

- Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA silver
Three class aircraft on two class route

I have just booked my first QR flight, in J LHR-DOH-CGK. On selecting seats it appears that the aircraft on DOH-CGK has an F cabin despite being a two class flight. However although I can initially select these seats they don't get confirmed and I get allocated a seat further back.

Is it possible to select these seats? If it's based on status does BA Gold help me?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by alexss
I have just booked my first QR flight, in J LHR-DOH-CGK. On selecting seats it appears that the aircraft on DOH-CGK has an F cabin despite being a two class flight. However although I can initially select these seats they don't get confirmed and I get allocated a seat further back.

Is it possible to select these seats? If it's based on status does BA Gold help me?
There are mixed experiences, this thread might be of some help. I reckon your best bet is asking for it at check-in.

It is not based on status. Not even QR status would help.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by peterdudas
It is not based on status. Not even QR status would help.
Thanks, that's very helpful

The booking system gives me the message when I try to select these seats that 'One of your seat requests cannot be confirmed. It can be due to a missing or invalid Frequent Card' which made me think that FFP status might be the issue.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I read that we can no longer earn United miles on Qatar flights.
Can we still earn Ana miles on Qatar flights? If so, is it too late to change my Qatar FF linked to my ticket to my Ana FF? My flight departs in mid-March 2014.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by hightide
I read that we can no longer earn United miles on Qatar flights.
Can we still earn Ana miles on Qatar flights? If so, is it too late to change my Qatar FF linked to my ticket to my Ana FF? My flight departs in mid-March 2014.
you can change in manage my booking or at check-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.