Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I have an upcoming KWI-DOH-AMM trip in F, with an overnight in Doha (not stopover)

What can I expect in terms of service, especially on land? I seem to recall that QR offer free limo ride to Doha (to my hotel) and back. Is that correct? Or just from the terminal to the plane? Any similar arrangements in KWI?

How much time should I reserve for the Premium Terminal? The flight is around noon, so I can either linger in the hotel or in the PT.
Limoservice between DOH and hotel is only provided by QR as part of STPC. And as you are doing an voluntary stopover you will be on your own.

And there will also not be any limo for you as part of the groundservice in DOH. Transfer from the arriving KWI aircraft to thw arrival terminal will be on a dedicated F-bus. And on departure it will also be a F-bus from Premium Terminal to the aircraft.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: SQ KF
J Seat Assignments Disappeared!

Will be traveling from HAN-EZE in 5 days and our seat assignments, which we made at booking, have disappeared on QR.com! When I try to re-Select a seat, it shows that our original seats are still taken.

The flights are quite full, and they are no empty pairs of seats available.

Should I worry, or is this a bug?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by tshep
Will be traveling from HAN-EZE in 5 days and our seat assignments, which we made at booking, have disappeared on QR.com! When I try to re-Select a seat, it shows that our original seats are still taken.

The flights are quite full, and they are no empty pairs of seats available.

Should I worry, or is this a bug?
Cant be sure your circumstances are the same, but a similar thing happened to me on my last Qatar booking. Seat allocation remained in the main page of Manage My booking, but when you click on seat selection to change/look at the seats you're shown as unseated but the seats you originally want show as taken (by me, as it turned out at the airport). You also cant select any other seats.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
I’ve read you can book Qatar flights now with Avios, but looking under ba.com no Qatar flights come up, is there another method I should be trying? Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Hello everyone

Planning to do DEL-ZUR-STO-DEL with QR in July. My mom/dad will be traveling in Business class, where as two of us will be economy, on the same flight.

Wondering if QR will allow us to use the premium terminal during our stopover at DOH, being with business class family members.

Anybody has had similar experience before? what do you guys think?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:37 pm

Earning Qpoints at partners

I recently had a stay at a One & Only hotel, qualifying for the triple points promo.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the points credited to my account? My checkout was about 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Is it too late for somebody to claim miles for Qatar flights -outbound Nov 28th, returned Feb 18th?

Should the person create a Qmiles account now and claim qmiles? Can they instead create BA Exec accounts or American Airlines frequent flier number and claim those? They are unlikely to make international trips in the near future and would like to use miles for economy travel between Canada and the US if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Did a search but couldn't find answer. Apologies if I missed it.

Other than Starwood, are there other ways to convert points to Qmiles?

Also, is it possible to use Qmiles to upgrade? Looked for upgrades on the Qmiles site but couldn't find anything. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mapletree
Did a search but couldn't find answer. Apologies if I missed it.

Other than Starwood, are there other ways to convert points to Qmiles?

Also, is it possible to use Qmiles to upgrade? Looked for upgrades on the Qmiles site but couldn't find anything. Thanks.
These might help you...

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...lege-club.page

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...%20qmiles.page
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by yokozuma
I’ve read you can book Qatar flights now with Avios, but looking under ba.com no Qatar flights come up, is there another method I should be trying? Thanks.
I can not confirm your experience. I found lots of QR flights on BA homepage which could be booked with Avios. Unfortunately not on the days I needed.

It seems however that the BA award booking tool has a preference to show flights on BA if available. Also, QR does not offer business class on regional flights and it was my impression that the BA award booking tool may have a problem with a mix off longhaul business class and regional first.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:35 am

Will I accumulate miles for Priviledge Club when flying Iberia Regional Air Nostrum? I cannot find it on the QA calculator, while the One World website mentions that all benefits from flying Iberia also are true for this airline.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by yokozuma
Had a similar experience.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Flying LHR-DOH in Y today. I was a little surprised to be denied fast track security today at LHR T4 - I thought this was a OW Emerald benefit. Have I missed something?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Appreciate the links. Qmiles site didn't seem to be clear on how upgrades work. There is a blurb but it's quite vague. Any insight on how upgrades actually work? Possible to see availability on KVS or EF?

Also, additional reading suggests Starwood is only way to transfer in. Is that right?

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:20 am

PJs in Business

Hi, cant find this anywehere but do you get PJs on all QR Business flights.

We are flying later in the year MUC-DOH-BKK-DOH-MUC and
MUC-DOH-PER-DOH-MUC

are the PJs offfered on all flights, or do you need to request them on the shorter sectors?

Many thanks

Flier74

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.