Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2024, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by richiealexander
BKK-DOH on F
followed by DOH-SIN on J

I can get access to AS right? Since this is also my first time, its accessible to visit AM as well?
Yes. Yes.

Originally Posted by richiealexander
i only transit and would like to shower and store my luggge at AS, then can free roam to the city.
The airport has a policy that you can only store your bags while you're at the airport. You can probably get away with it because the checking/tracking protocol isn't terribly robust. However, the risk is that they figure out that you have left the airport and they remove (and possibly destroy) your bags as potential security threats.
richiealexander likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:50 pm

I already posted this as a new thread, but maybe I should have asked the question here. Sorry if it's basic (I usually fly VA or Delta, not on an Avios airline). I have to fly LAX-DOH for work, but they will only pay for Economy. I want to use my BA (plus Amex transfer) Avios points to upgrade to Business but don't want to book the flight until I know the availability in Business. Qatar doesn't let you view seat availability before purchase, right? How to guarantee I can snag the business seat? My other choice is fly Etihad on a JetBlue code share and transfer points from Amex.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ppaul77
I already posted this as a new thread, but maybe I should have asked the question here. Sorry if it's basic (I usually fly VA or Delta, not on an Avios airline). I have to fly LAX-DOH for work, but they will only pay for Economy. I want to use my BA (plus Amex transfer) Avios points to upgrade to Business but don't want to book the flight until I know the availability in Business. Qatar doesn't let you view seat availability before purchase, right? How to guarantee I can snag the business seat? My other choice is fly Etihad on a JetBlue code share and transfer points from Amex.
Can you check seat availability on expertflyer? Or are you booking this as entirely a points booking and you're asking about award availability?
Old May 16, 2024, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ppaul77
How to guarantee I can snag the business seat?
The only "guaranteed" way would be to pay the fare difference to reticket into J. That would also give you the full J earnings, baggage allowance, lounge access etc that an upgrade would not. If you are on a fully flex Y ticket and there are restricted J tickets available for your fixed dates, the fare difference may not be eye watering.

To upgrade with avios in advance there needs to be availability to book a new award ticket in the higher cabin on your flights. You may be able to get an idea of this by searching at BA if you don't yet have a QRPC account. More availability can sometimes open up closer to departure but is in no way guaranteed.

The other alternatives are hoping you receive an upgrade offer c.2 weeks before travel, although the avios cost of this will usually be much higher. Or asking to upgrade with avios at the airport on departure.

These suggestions mostly assume that your ticket is booked through QR rather than BA.

Last edited by KingCanute; May 16, 2024 at 10:39 pm
Old May 16, 2024, 10:36 pm

With the new Qatar credit card, is there any reasonable way to pick up 4 Qatar marketed flights for status while living in North America?
Old May 16, 2024, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OssianBlue
With the new Qatar credit card, is there any reasonable way to pick up 4 Qatar marketed flights for status while living in North America?
Two returns to Doha, or one trip to somewhere beyond Doha. While somewhat of a detour from the US, QR has an extensive European network for your next vacation.....
Old May 17, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
Good day, all. LHR check-in as OW Emerald - no access to the Premium check-in area, correct? Appears that's the case, but wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2024, 2:22 pm

Is it possible to transfer Avios to my local Avion program (Royal Bank of Canada)?
Old May 20, 2024, 1:40 am

I need to book two tickets with qatar avios. The issue is VA
generally only releases one business class ticket at a time. I will have a minor who I'd hope to book a separate ticket once space is available. I have to call it in as it can't be booked online. Would qatar be able to help me book the minor ticket and link them together ? Or they will force me to book the tickets together? We'll be in the same cabin.
Old May 20, 2024, 5:03 am

I have a flight Doha-Frankfurt (QR) in business, which arrives 07:15 to Frankfurt. Then my next flight Frankfurt to London (BA) departures at 14:15. Second flight is in economy class. Separate tickets and no oneworld tier (only ruby). Can I use the lounge in Frankfurt?
Old May 20, 2024, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
I have a flight Doha-Frankfurt (QR) in business, which arrives 07:15 to Frankfurt. Then my next flight Frankfurt to London (BA) departures at 14:15. Second flight is in economy class. Separate tickets and no oneworld tier (only ruby). Can I use the lounge in Frankfurt?
Under Oneworld rules yes. Connecting long haul to short haul same day. It would be the JAL lounge.
Old May 20, 2024, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Under Oneworld rules yes. Connecting long haul to short haul same day. It would be the JAL lounge.
Thank you so much for your information 😊😊
Old May 21, 2024, 11:28 pm

Hello! I just booked my first Q suite award ticket(s) (YUL-DOH-BKK) for next year. 2 individual tickets with avios using QR privilege accounts on 2 separate accounts . I accidentally already picked my seats when booking and I was wondering are seat changes free or will I incur a fee to change them? Also I wanted to book the 2 middle seats so I believe I would have to call in to have that done since the 2 tickets are on separate PNR which is why they were blocked out, is there success in doing this?
Old May 22, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by thewongster
Hello! I just booked my first Q suite award ticket(s) (YUL-DOH-BKK) for next year. 2 individual tickets with avios using QR privilege accounts on 2 separate accounts . I accidentally already picked my seats when booking and I was wondering are seat changes free or will I incur a fee to change them? Also I wanted to book the 2 middle seats so I believe I would have to call in to have that done since the 2 tickets are on separate PNR which is why they were blocked out, is there success in doing this?
If you are eligible for free seat selection then changing them is also free - you can try that online. Even with 2 passengers booked on the same PNR we had to call up to get the middle seats but it was straightforward.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:30 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
If you are eligible for free seat selection then changing them is also free - you can try that online. Even with 2 passengers booked on the same PNR we had to call up to get the middle seats but it was straightforward.
Interesting... I just booked (through Qatar's WEB site, not BA) a couple of tickets (on the same PNR) for next year as well and had no trouble picking a couple of QR Suite middle seats. (and no charge either)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.