Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
Flight Load

Can please someone support me with the seat availability for flight QR 82 Berlin - Doha at June 6th and QR 79 Doha - Berlin at June 10th.

Is there another thread for this? I just know it from BA in the British Airways Thread.

Many Thanks in Advance.
Old May 24, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Yes you will have to keep checking. Seat maps a few weeks out are often not a good reflection of ticket sales as some people do not choose or want to pay for seats in advance. But it sounds like there is no award fare availability in the higher cabin, hence no avios upgrade availability.

Some may open up, or you may receive an upgrade offer by email or on your manage booking page within 14 days of departure (often these are much more expensive if there is an avios option, or equate to just paying the fare difference in cash but without all the benefits). Or you can ask at each departure airport if there is "upgrade with avios" availability for that departing sector. That should cost the same per sector as the online option if it were available now, but you can only upgrade the immediately departing sector that way, not the full itinerary.

If you upgrade with avios you will still not be able to use AM at DOH as your ticket will still be the Y fare basis. But you could buy entry to AM.

Alternatively, if you were to pay the fare difference to reticket into J you would receive the full benefits and earnings of the J fare bucket you would now be travelling in.

Thank you King Canute! I keep trying to check online, but the website doesn't seem to want to work most of the time, it's quite quirky.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by rustum76
Cheapest one is with return leg from Hyd to Doha is on Indigo and not QR. Do i have any issues with traveling with Indigo during this leg.
What "issues" are you thinking about?
Old May 27, 2024, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What "issues" are you thinking about?
Trying to get some feedback on Indigo and coordination with Qatar. I am trying to book it using chase travel website. They are not showing any Indigo connections. Short layover tickets are very expensive and long layover (with both the legs operated by Qatar) is 19 hours. I am thinking of flying out a day early to get a cheaper ticket. Wondering is there any thing to do in Doha during the day with 19 hr layover. or can we change flight to Indigo by talking to Qatar after booking with long layover from chase travel.
Old May 27, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
I am on a business class ticket from Doha to Montreal. Flight leaves overnight, wondering how early I can go use the lounge?
Old May 27, 2024, 7:27 pm

if we have 19 hours layover, do we get hotel accommodation? i am thinking of taking 19 hour layover flight connection (cheaper with 40 hr travel time) and do sight seeing in Doha instead of taking shorter duration expensive flight (21 hours).
Old May 27, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
if we have 19 hours layover, do we get hotel accommodation? i am thinking of taking 19 hour layover flight connection (cheaper with 40 hr travel time) and do sight seeing in Doha instead of taking shorter duration expensive flight (21 hours).
​​​​​​Only if there is no shorter connection possible. So that's a no.
Old May 27, 2024, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​Only if there is no shorter connection possible. So that's a no.
They have 22hr duration flight and 41hr duration flight between hyd and dfw. Chase doesn't show Indigo connecting flights to Doha to keep duration and price reasonable like google flights.

Last edited by rustum76; May 27, 2024 at 9:12 pm
Old May 27, 2024, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They have 22hr duration flight from Hyd to DFW and 41hr duration flight. Chase doesn't show Indigo connection flight to Doha to keep it duration and price reasonable.
It does not really matter what Chase shows. QR offers and sells a shorter connection than 19 hours, thus no free stopover hotel.
Old May 27, 2024, 9:07 pm

They have 22hr duration flight from Hyd to DFW and 41hr duration flight. Chase doesn't show Indigo connection flight to Doha to keep it duration and price reasonable.
Presumably there is some benefit to you from booking through Chase (points accrual etc) but as with booking through any third party that comes with some limitations. In this case it seems restricted availability. Any changes to the ticket after booking also have to be made with the agent that sold it to you, the airline will not touch it. Even so, whether you booked through an agent or an airline, asking later to change to a shorter itinerary will be possible but you will have to pay the fare difference plus any change fees in the fare rules of your original ticket.

QR do offer free STPC if someone books the shortest possible itinerary between the origin and destination that is operated on a calendar day, and if that still includes 8+ hours in Doha. But if a passenger chooses to book a longer journey - whether to save money, for more convenient departure times, or for any reason at all - then that choice is the passenger's responsibility and they will have to pay for their own accommodation.

So by choosing to book via an agent, and also choosing to book a very long stop in Doha to save money, there is little that QR can or will do you for other than providing the flights.

But the good news is that if your journey is on one QR numbered ticket (ie. it starts with 125-), you can take advantage of the very heavily subsidised hotels available through Discover Qatar for your stop.

But only you can decide whether the benefits of booking the longer itinerary via an agent outweigh the additional time, restricted availability, and hotel and other costs in Doha.
Old May 28, 2024, 2:15 am

Hi All! Happy to be traveling QR Q suites again soon. This time I wont be venturing out to see Doha so I will spending about 6 hours at the lounge. Am I able to visit both Al Mourjan lounges and/or am I able to go in and out? Thinking I might want to stretch my legs and walk around a bit, but not if that means I can't come back in. TIA
Old May 28, 2024, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by pinkibone
Hi All! Happy to be traveling QR Q suites again soon. This time I wont be venturing out to see Doha so I will spending about 6 hours at the lounge. Am I able to visit both Al Mourjan lounges and/or am I able to go in and out? Thinking I might want to stretch my legs and walk around a bit, but not if that means I can't come back in. TIA
If you have lounge access included with your ticket (ie. not P class) you can come and go between both as much as you like.
pinkibone likes this.
Old May 28, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Swarez
I am on a business class ticket from Doha to Montreal. Flight leaves overnight, wondering how early I can go use the lounge?
You should be able to check in and subsequently use the lounges up to 24 hours before your flight if originating in DOH.
Old May 28, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Swarez
I've been told that the lounges in DOH are open 24/7.
Old May 29, 2024, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It does not really matter what Chase shows. QR offers and sells a shorter connection than 19 hours, thus no free stopover hotel.
Thanks for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.