Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:42 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I'll be flying out of JFK in the future. Is there anywhere in my profile where I can enter my TSA pre clear # or do I just have to put up with the regular lines? Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I'll be flying out of JFK in the future. Is there anywhere in my profile where I can enter my TSA pre clear # or do I just have to put up with the regular lines? Thanks.
AFAIK for this to work QR needs to sign up with TSA to enable their pax to use Precheck. When I traveled out of LAX in December they had not done so.

I'm not sure if any non-US carriers have signed up with Precheck
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I don't believe that Qatar Airways is part of the PreCehck.. here is the link for TSA..

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/map
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by scnzzz
I'm not sure if any non-US carriers have signed up with Precheck
There's 16 in total and handful are non-US carriers - Etihad are among them so it's a bit surprising the other ME3 carriers haven't signed up yet. Perhaps it's in the pipeline.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obduro
There's 16 in total and handful are non-US carriers - Etihad are among them so it's a bit surprising the other ME3 carriers haven't signed up yet. Perhaps it's in the pipeline.
EY may have signed up because AUH is the only middle-east station that offers pre-clearance.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Calchas
EY may have signed up because AUH is the only middle-east station that offers pre-clearance.
Ah, makes sense.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:31 pm

Hi guys,

Want to check if 1 hr 25 mins is enough for transit? Arriving from KUL for a transit to BUD

Never traveled there before and i don't know if it's sufficient to reach the gate
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:00 pm

sivapc 85 minutes is plenty of time. It can be done in 35 minutes at a rush. Some claim to have used even less time but they probably arrived at the departure gate very hot and sweaty!

Look at the Wiki on the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html this together with it links gives you a great deal of advice and hints. Of particular help will be the link to the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...0-minutes.html.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:29 am

Hi Remdk,

Thanks a lot for the links. You are a lifesaver
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Hi everyone,

I don't know if it has been discussed before but I just received this email from QR. (Mods please tell delete if so)

"We regret to inform you that Al Maha will no longer provide a complimentary Meet & Assist service for A380 First class passenger and it takes effect from 20 February 2017"
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi everyone,

I don't know if it has been discussed before but I just received this email from QR. (Mods please tell delete if so)

"We regret to inform you that Al Maha will no longer provide a complimentary Meet & Assist service for A380 First class passenger and it takes effect from 20 February 2017"
Thanks for posting (and no need to worry about the post being deleted!)

I'd heard about the change, but wasn't sure if it had been publicised yet or was actually going ahead - looks like it is.

M
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
I have a couple of questions
a) I will be flying from DXB to NRT via DOH with a couple of friends. I am flying in J and they will be in Y. I understand that as a QRPC silver, I have the below benefit.

Complimentary 'one visit' Guest lounge passes at Hamad International Airport: Receive two guest passes per year to invite additional guests to join you at the lounge in Doha.

Main member must be present to redeem this Guest lounge pass. Main member and guest must be travelling on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways. Guest’s flight must be at least within the following 3 hours from the main member’s flight. Does not grant access for Premium Lounges unless holding a Premium Ticket. Lounge passes are subject to a validity after which unused passes will expire. Lounge entry is subject to lounge capacity.

Are these passes physical documents or is it a system based setup? I checked the welcome kit and there was nothing in there. Do I need to request them to send me something or can I go to the lounge and then in the system they mark my two invitations as "used".

Also, which lounge can I access - is it the HIA Business Class Lounge or Mourjan. It says that you need a premium ticket for premium lounge access - does it mean that I need a premium ticket or do my guests also require premium tickets?

b) On the DOH-NRT flight, what is the meal cadence like. I know that it is usually dine on demand but in terms of what is available - is it breakfast + lunch or snack + brunch?

Ro
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:27 am

RohanDXB the passes are electronic! they are just a number (2) on your PC account. You invoke them by producing proof of Silver status and saying you want to use them at the lounge. They will then be deducted your account.

No one is admitted to Al Mourjan without a Business or First boarding pass so all must have at least Business class boarding passes. But in that case you do not need lounge passes!

As for meals served (available) on DOH-NRT others will have to supply yhat information.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
RohanDXB the passes are electronic! they are just a number (2) on your PC account. You invoke them by producing proof of Silver status and saying you want to use them at the lounge. They will then be deducted your account.

No one is admitted to Al Mourjan without a Business or First boarding pass so all must have at least Business class boarding passes. But in that case you do not need lounge passes!

As for meals served (available) on DOH-NRT others will have to supply yhat information.
Crystal clear! Thanks for the super quick reponse.

Ro
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: A3,BA
Originally Posted by RohanDXB
b) On the DOH-NRT flight, what is the meal cadence like. I know that it is usually dine on demand but in terms of what is available - is it breakfast + lunch or snack + brunch?
I uploaded the menu of QR806 this month.
Remember that you can also mix & match whatever, whenever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.