Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:07 pm

Would anyone have a good contact number for Qatar? I have called the numbers in the website but they just go to a call center which is unable to help me. I purchased business tickets for the family from PER to IAH online then later received an email saying that I needed to validate my info. I tried to do that online but it seems that something isn't working because I keep getting the validation request emails and have never received a confirmation email like the website says I will. The call center has told me twice that I need to drive to the closest Qatar office (45 minutes away) to validate my information. I have also tried to resolve this with the web site contact page but have never gotten a response. If anyone has the number to a person who could actually help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Calmday; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Calmday
received an email saying that I needed to validate my info. I tried to do that online but it seems that something isn't working because I keep getting the validation request emails and have never received a confirmation email like the website says I will. The call center has told me twice that I need to drive to the closest Qatar office (45 minutes away) to validate my information. I have also tried to resolve this with the web site contact page but have never gotten a response.
I had the same problem last year for my family tickets, I cannot recall how I get around with this, but It was either on the phone with the office in USA or in Doha...

Doha: +974 4023 0023

USA: +1 800-988-6128
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remdk
Try using the 6 character PNR from the AA booking and surname on the Manage booking on QR. This usually works.
I just tried that with my 6-character PNR from my AA award booking with my surname, on Manage My Booking on the QR site, and all I get is:

"We are unable to find this confirmation number. Please validate your entry and try again or contact us for further information. (8104 - 1931)"

In the Free Visa thread I see people seeming to mention using a QR PNR (rather than an AA PNR) in their (now vain) attempts. How can I look up the QR PNR if I just have my AA PNR?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How can I look up the QR PNR if I just have my AA PNR?
You can't as AA is not using AMADEUS. If the QR PNR does not appear when trying to select seats for the QR flight(s) on the AA website, either call AA and ask for the QR PNR or call QR and ask for the PNR (they should be able to find the booking via the etix number).
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:22 pm

I feel like an idiot for asking this.. But have looked around a bit and really can't understand exactly how the points work with QR and what they're worth.

I booked the following this year through the Travel Festival, and am basically wondering what kind of status I can expect to end up with (I'm currently lowest status, no points earned), and what the points are worth (estimated):

CRK-DOH-MAD / WAW-DOH-CRK (all BUSINESS R)

CRK-DOH-OSL (R) / BUH-DOH-CMB (I)

KUL-DOH-CAI (R then A) / HBE-DOH-DEL (P then D)

Also they had 4x points promo (I think?) - I clicked register on that, even though it was after the flights were booked. I have entered my QR membership number on all flights.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:01 am

RoastedDuck190 welcome to the QR forum.

If you use the Qcalculator then you can see how many Qmiles and Qpoints you earn for each flight. It is not particularly complicated just time consuming.
Note that where there are mixed ticket classes for one journey you need to do each flight separately. Remember to keep using the Burgundy level so that you get the number of Base miles that you need for the 4x promotion. I am ignoring the status bonus that you get for reaching a higher status level because that complicates matters considerably for you.

Now you need to examine the Terms and Conditions of the 4X Qmiles carefully. They vary from country to country. Which flights qualify and which do not? For those that do you can multiply the base miles that you have just obtained by 4 and you have your miles earned for that flight. This does not take account of the Tier bonus mentioned before but that is small compared to the 4X Qmiles.

With regard to tier level you should end up in the Gold tier if you fly all the flights you list.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:43 am

RoastedDuck190 welcome to the QR forum.

If you use the Qcalculator then you can see how many Qmiles and Qpoints you earn for each flight. It is not particularly complicated just time consuming.
Note that where there are mixed ticket classes for one journey you need to do each flight separately. Remember to keep using the Burgundy level so that you get the number of Base miles that you need for the 4x promotion. I am ignoring the status bonus that you get for reaching a higher status level because that complicates matters considerably for you.

Now you need to examine the Terms and Conditions of the 4X Qmiles carefully. They vary from country to country. Which flights qualify and which do not? For those that do you can multiply the base miles that you have just obtained by 4 and you have your miles earned for that flight. This does not take account of the Tier bonus mentioned before but that is small compared to the 4X Qmiles.

With regard to tier level you should end up in the Gold tier if you fly all the flights you list.
Cool, thanks for the reply! Appreciate it!

I'm curious as to what the value is for these points. Perhaps they're not all that useless? :-)
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:13 am

RoastedDuck190 I omitted explaining which terms were being used.
Qpoints are only used for determining status level and have a validity of 12/24 months from the date flown.
Qmiles are much more useful in that they can have value to you. They are the Great circle miles flown between two airports. But to this you need to add the extra ticket class bonus to obtain the base miles for a flight. It is the base miles that are used for the 4X promotion and the great circle miles for calculating an extra bonus because of your status level within Privilege Club.
These Qmiles can be used for free flights on both QR and any other Oneworld carrier and for upgrades on QR. How many miles you need for a free ticket or an upgrade can also be seen from the Qcalculator. Qmiles have other uses such as excess baggage allowance and for shopping at HIA.

Last edited by remdk; Jan 28, 2017 at 10:52 am Reason: Forgot Great Circle miles
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
It is the base miles that are used both for the 4X promotion and for calculating an extra bonus because of your status level within Privilege Club.
Base miles are use for 4x promotion but not for tier status bonus Qmiles. Tier status Qmiles are based on flown miles : silver members get à Qmiles bonus corresponding to 25% of flown miles, gold 75%, and platinum 100%, whatever is the booking class.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
How can I look up the QR PNR if I just have my AA PNR?
Originally Posted by WorldLux
You can't as AA is not using AMADEUS. If the QR PNR does not appear when trying to select seats for the QR flight(s) on the AA website, either call AA and ask for the QR PNR or call QR and ask for the PNR (they should be able to find the booking via the etix number).
Thanks for mentioning AMADEUS. Using that info, I was able to find that it's possible to do the lookup on the Qantas 'Manage My Booking' page:
I entered my AA PNR and surname there, and it spat out a page which had my Amadeus PNR at the top. I took that PNR to the Qatar site, and it found me. (And then QR sent me an email with my QR PNR in the email subject. )

So apparently it is possible but maybe only at that one OW airline site? (Does QF uniquely use both SABRE and AMADEUS?)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 28, 2017 at 10:53 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:51 am

Thank you Matt4 you are correct. Thank goodness someone is awake this lazy Saturday afternoon!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Hi all, I have a flight from DOH - LAX in J, and I was wondering if there is a post-arrival lounge that I could use? Mostly to just shower/freshen up after a 16h flight!

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:18 pm

oh_lol arrivals lounges are specifically excluded from the Oneworld alliance and QR have only arrivals lounges in DOH the answer is no there are no facilities available for use at LAX.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Thanks for the reply! Luckily I have Priority Pass as backup
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:49 am

Hello, my sis lives in USA, I live in UK, can I use my miles from over here to purchase an upgrade for her or her kids without having to transfer to them first? Can't I call QA from UK with their booking ref: and pay the upgrade with miles, even though I'm not flying with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.