Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by notaflygeek
Hello everyone.

Me and my son (4.5) have our first Qatar airways flight this coming saturday. I was wondering if there is any place at DOH where we can buy some models of the planes we are flying?
You can buy 1:200 models in the Bazaar area of the duty free.

When I went there I bought a QR 777-300ER. There was also the A380, 787, and A350 along with a Qatar Executive Gulfstream.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:38 am

remdk & CX828 Thank you both for the tips
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
skicowboys a warm welcome to the QR forum. Do have a look around. You will find that the dashboard will help you find much information rather quickly.

With regard to your questions:-
1) The first row of almost every QR cabin is where the bassinet seats are and the entire row is blocked (not reservable). They are usually released for use when airport check-in opens. On very, very rare occasions prior to that. It is up to the origin QR office to release seats.

2) API information will not be requested if it is not needed or is already in the system. On the MMB pages there is a discreet button to input API information. In some circumstances it is in the menu of the 'Change passenger details' button. It will only appear if needed.

3) QR has Dine on demand. Before take off the cabin crew assigned to you will introduce themselves to you an ask for your choice of food and when you want it served. If you only want to eat once on the flight or you want to eat every three hours is up to you. You can basically eat what you want when you want.

4) The new Business seat is to be launched on 8th. March and there will go several months before it begins to appear on flights. The 773s are to be retrofitted first at the rate of two or three per month. So there is a very, very slight chance you may get the new seat on your 773 flight.

5) QR have not announced which lounge they will use in AKL but using https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access for AKL you may choose from them as per OW rules.

Sit back, relax and enjoy your trip with its excellent service.
Thank you very much for the information remdk, we are hoping from what we have read that QR will be a step above the now tired and lacklustre BA offering and if so we will be giving QR all of our Eastward travels, we are happy to travel ex-eu for great service and great prices.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:27 am

90 min transfer time...

...enough to deplane, shower at the QR biz lounge and get to gate for connector?

Have a 10hr flight, followed by a 16 hour and would like to clean up and change if possible post-redeye.

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Mark Depew
...enough to deplane, shower at the QR biz lounge and get to gate for connector?

Have a 10hr flight, followed by a 16 hour and would like to clean up and change if possible post-redeye.

Thanks!
It's JNB-DOH, followed by DOH-LAX if that helps.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:11 am

Mark Depew welcome to the QR forum. Do look at the dashboard which can lead you almost directly to answers to many questions.

You are transferring through DOH at the second busiest time of day where lounges are propped full and there are long queues for such facilities as showers. Add to this the extra security checks demanded for all US flights and the answer, I am afraid, must be a resounding NO chance!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:14 am

Hi All!

I'm moving to Cairo for work this Feb til the end of the year and have a travel heavy
schedule. Coming from flying UA and AA exclusively, I have a few questions regarding
the QR Privilege Club...

Would it be worth opening up an account with QR instead of crediting all flights to AA?
Are Qmiles as valuable as AA miles in terms of availability? Qmiles are looking juicy with
the 2x bonus going on now!

How does QR Plat compare to AA EXP? I estimate I'll be transiting through DOH 40-50
times... More benefits as a elite on national carrier or as an AA EXP?

Thanks so much guys! Looking forward to making the most of these dirt cheap flights
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:02 am

Gino Troian welcome to the QR forum. The best advice about where to credit points etc can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html There are many useful links there as well. You say that this is a station for a few months. When choosing please think about next year as well!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:35 am

Thanks! I replied to the thread- hopefully someone can help me decide before
the end of the QR promo!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Question regarding changes to an existing Business Promo (R class) fare.

The fare rules state that changes/reissues after departure of the first segment are allowed with a maximum reissue penalty of 285 EUR for changes (and it states the flight date must be within a year of the initial date).

If I fly the outbound and want to change the return date - could I simply pay the change fee and, as long as the same fare class is available for the dates I want to change to, avoid any difference in fare?

This would be them honoring the historical pricing given some of it has already been flown. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:44 am

btonkid12345 welcome to the QR forum. Do have a look at the dashboard, an easy way to find Information, hints and answers to many problems.
You are correct in your assessment of the change situation. As always the big IF is the availability of the ticket class but otherwise the cost of the change fees.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by remdk
btonkid12345 welcome to the QR forum. Do have a look at the dashboard, an easy way to find Information, hints and answers to many problems.
You are correct in your assessment of the change situation. As always the big IF is the availability of the ticket class but otherwise the cost of the change fees.
Thank you for the reply. I checked out the Dashboard but it did not have a section regarding flights changes, and applicable rules etc.

Are you stating that it is difficult to find a full Y fare for an economy leg, and a R fare for two business legs? I don't expect it to be plentifully available...but I am hoping to find something.

Having said that - do I have to change it with QR BEFORE I take the return (even after having flown the outbound) or can I simply tell them I am not going to take the return, and call back before the 1 year validity expiration and rebook the return (hopefully in same classes, and with only change fee)?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:12 am

Picking up on a question from the sales thread:

Originally Posted by sllee
Booked 4 tickets AMS-HND-AMS 20-28OCT for a family holiday. €640 per person. Long transit both ways in DOH, but no major pain because Al Mourjan lounge is really good. Thanks, OP.

I have a question. In rushing to secure the seats, I booked as Guest and gave in the BAEC numbers (mine and the family). I am now thinking that I should put in Qatar Privilege Club numbers instead, in order to get 4x QMiles (as good as getting one free Y award ticket).

Anyone knows if I would still qualify for the 4x by simply amending the FF numbers. Will all 4 tickets get 4x Qmiles? All 4 tickets under one booking.

Thanks.
I also booked my ticket as a guest and without my frequent flyer number. Is it possible to add Qatar Privilege Club and still qualify for the Qmiles?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:25 am

justatourist yes! Using Manage My Booking (MMB) you can change your FF number to any other OW number. I would suggest that you wait until the treasure hunters are not active because of the frailty of the website.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
QR newbie here: I was wondering about additional baggage allowance for OW Sapphires/Emeralds. OW refers to the website of the operating airline, but I can't find my way around QR's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.