FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Current QR Sale Fares

I know QR have some great J sales, like 2 for 1 in many European cities. What is best way to keep updated on any current offers? I just randomly check the local countries websites every so often, has anyone a better system? Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
The FT poster Raffles has a good website at www.headforpoints.com which usually keeps us updated on QR's sales
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:16 am

Just subscribe to their 'enewsletter.'
Works for me.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DH188
Just subscribe to their 'enewsletter.'
Works for me.
Only works for the country of the website you sign up from however
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Only works for the country of the website you sign up from however
but you are free to choose the country, I believe, in the top right corner. I am subscribed to the UK, NL, SE and NO newsletters ^
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Current sale?

Looking at business class fares LHR-DOH-SIN and see cheap fares under the heading of 'Business Promo' - and a lot cheaper than the next column 'Business Value' fares. Is this a sale and, if so, does anyone know how long it runs for?

Sorry if these are frequently asked things - never flown Qatar before and just stumbled across this just now.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:01 am

Yep...NO were having weekly sales at one stage. Has been considerably cheaper but waiting for the day when these airlines realise.

Re. Promo. That's the sale fare for 'I' (discount) tickets. They'll invariably be available but the level of discount will depend on the sale event. The last good one (when I booked) was in May/early June. I would expect another one Oct/Nov and then the usual Jan Blue Cross sale and a 2 for 1 (but not really) at some point before the year is out.

As others have stated, the sales are more frequent in other Euro countries. I got a very good price by ex LHR and returning to MUC. The problem with the promo fare is they put you on a ridiculous layover at Doha airport where you're greeted with a pretty uninspiring canteen/lounge. See other posts re. stopover accom but given 6 flights a day to LHR, I fear they'll not be very forgiving.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OWS, Alitalia Freccia Alata/ST Elite Plus, Avis, Hertz
J Sale - will it be back soon?

Hi folks,

Was looking for flights to HKG for x'mas and saw an ex-AMS return in J for just under EUR 1900. When I looked at it this morning the fare is up to just a shade over EUR 2300. Looks like the promotion ended midnight last night

Does anybody know if there will be another sale on soon? Would love to try out the QR J Product! (or maybe fly my return leg to FRA to try out the A350 as well )
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I'd say indubitably, like London buses there's never one far behind... QR runs a stream of 5 day sales from the UK, seemingly the same from other EU points, keep a look out and check different departure airports.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I'd say indubitably, like London buses there's never one far behind... QR runs a stream of 5 day sales from the UK, seemingly the same from other EU points, keep a look out and check different departure airports.
Thanks Sam Bee. Keeping me fingers and toes crossed now! (while searching profusely on ITA )

Are there any particular departure points that QR are known to put on sales more frequently? (e.g. AMS, DUB, OSL for BA etc.)
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Hard for me to say, as I almost exclusively fly from LHR.

I've only done ex-EU from Paris but that a Y class family trip that worked out ridiculously cheap as QR used to 'lose' YQ on European open jaws. Think that loophole has closed!

Sure others can highlight best places to check out, keep an eye on this board: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/ as many things QR related pop up there.

Edit - there is a "CX/BA/QR: OSL Oslo - HKG Hong Kong €1396/$1567" thread for you - perfect!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Hard for me to say, as I almost exclusively fly from LHR.

I've only done ex-EU from Paris but that a Y class family trip that worked out ridiculously cheap as QR used to 'lose' YQ on European open jaws. Think that loophole has closed!

Sure others can highlight best places to check out, keep an eye on this board: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/ as many things QR related pop up there.

Edit - there is a "CX/BA/QR: OSL Oslo - HKG Hong Kong 1396/$1567" thread for you - perfect!
Thanks Sam Bee!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:29 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by CmonMunster
Thanks Sam Bee. Keeping me fingers and toes crossed now! (while searching profusely on ITA )

Are there any particular departure points that QR are known to put on sales more frequently? (e.g. AMS, DUB, OSL for BA etc.)
QR run sales almost weekly, so do not feel disappointed that you missed this weeks one.

In terms of departure points, LHR is always more expensive (in J) than those within mainland Europe.

With regards to the cheapest starting points, I would advise ARN, AMS, CPH, and sometimes OSL. Flights departing from those cities, use the 787-8 which means you will benefit from an excellent J product. Additionally, as QR are keen to drum up business from those cities, the flights are very well timed for connecting flights to Asia and Australia. You won't usually have to wait longer than a couple of hours - but be aware that the flights with the shortest connecting times, sell out quickly (meaning the fares in the lowest J bracket disappear)

Unlike BA, departing ex-DUB is not particularly beneficial and so I would not recommend it.

One further thing to note with QR, is that ITA is not the best tool to use. I would recommend either Expedia (which allows you to see the available seats before booking) or the QR website (not great for multicity).

Hope the above helps.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR run sales almost weekly, so do not feel disappointed that you missed this weeks one.

In terms of departure points, LHR is always more expensive (in J) than those within mainland Europe.

With regards to the cheapest starting points, I would advise ARN, AMS, CPH, and sometimes OSL. Flights departing from those cities, use the 787-8 which means you will benefit from an excellent J product. Additionally, as QR are keen to drum up business from those cities, the flights are very well timed for connecting flights to Asia and Australia. You won't usually have to wait longer than a couple of hours - but be aware that the flights with the shortest connecting times, sell out quickly (meaning the fares in the lowest J bracket disappear)

Unlike BA, departing ex-DUB is not particularly beneficial and so I would not recommend it.

One further thing to note with QR, is that ITA is not the best tool to use. I would recommend either Expedia (which allows you to see the available seats before booking) or the QR website (not great for multicity).

Hope the above helps.
Cheers msm2000uk, I knew I'd get more than I'd bargained for by picking the brains of lads on FT
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CmonMunster
Cheers msm2000uk, I knew I'd get more than I'd bargained for by picking the brains of lads on FT
If you sign up for the QR newsletter they'll email you when a sale starts, so you won't even have spend time looking for them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.