Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by jp833
Hi guys,
quick question: flying MEL-DOH-MUC on Wednesday/Thursday. Did the same flight couple of weeks ago and DOH-MUC (QR057) was the LATAM A359 as explained here on the forum.
Seatmap for the flight now shows the 773 for some reason while it was always flown with A359 over the last couple of weeks. Does anybody know why that is?

Cheers,
JP
Maybe an explanation could be that they have the LATAM A359 in September for one of the 2 daily FRA-DOH connections. In October it switches back to QR's own A359.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Does anyone know if QR allows free cancellation of internet bookings within 24hrs?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by brentford77
Does anyone know if QR allows free cancellation of internet bookings within 24hrs?
I am not aware that QR offer any free cancellation period. I believe there is a consumer law (?) requirement to provide this for American customers but I don't know how QR enact this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by brentford77
Not where you are based, no.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:36 pm

Quick Question:

Forgive the ignorance, new to QR (thinking about migrating over) and I've been confused by a few different things I've read here.

Assume we're talking about a 12 month period:

If I start at 0 to get Gold do I have to earn 300 or 450 (300+150) Qpoints?

That is - do my points earn cumulatively: once I hit 150 I get silver, then after another 150, (300 total for the year) I get Gold?

OR

Do I reset entirely: once I hit 150 I get silver and go back to 0, then after I earn another 300 I get gold (450 total)?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Surgee You only need 150 Qpoints to reach Silver then 150 more Qpoints to reach Gold.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:55 am

Hi everyone. I'm looking at flights to BKK over Christmas and the New Year from Dublin. Economy flights are around £1100.

I've been looking around at alternatives and can get flights Ex ARN/OSL for £1460 in business class. Just wanted to ask the regular members is this a good price or are there potential sales coming up. I understand this is a peak time for travelling and it does seem to be good value.

Many thanks for your help
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Originally Posted by A380PM
Hi everyone. I'm looking at flights to BKK over Christmas and the New Year from Dublin. Economy flights are around £1100.

I've been looking around at alternatives and can get flights Ex ARN/OSL for £1460 in business class. Just wanted to ask the regular members is this a good price or are there potential sales coming up. I understand this is a peak time for travelling and it does seem to be good value.

Many thanks for your help
Looks good for me but you could have even better fare from VCE usually.
A380PM likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Looks good for me but you could have even better fare from VCE usually.
Thanks

Yes I seen some great fares for around £1250 from VCE but they are outside the dates I would prefer. I might wait to see what this sale might have to offer tomorrow before doing anything just yet.

Maybe not the correct forum, but have any members tried to transit through ARN? I can get flights that arrive 3 hours before the flight to DOH. There are other flights that arrive 7 hours beforehand. I guess it is just part of the risk of booking separate tickets.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:42 pm

DOH-HKG Qatar reward availability vanished Dec 14-Jan 1

Hello everyone,

First post! Apologies if this is obvious. I've been tracking Qatar reward availability between DOH and HKG on British Airways' website from Dec 14 to Jan 1. Up until earlier this week there was significant space in both Economy and Business. Specifically on Dec 24 there were 6 business seats on QR816. Now it's all gone.

Looking at seat maps on Expedia I don't see that the seats have been sold.

I notice that there have been various time changes recently, so I don't know if Qatar pulled availability while they shift schedules. Or whether it's expected to be a high demand period. Perhaps a system glitch/bug.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened and whether the space will come back?

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:52 pm

nick.brett1 welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.
For many offers QR have blackout dates 14 Dec. to 10 Jan since this is usually a period with high demand. The DOH-HKG route is usually in high demand and reward availability is often taken within days of booking opening. I would imagine that demand is already high and reward space has been blacked out. I know from personal experience that blackout dates often apply for reward flights to/from HKG during that period.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by remdk
nick.brett1 welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.
For many offers QR have blackout dates 14 Dec. to 10 Jan since this is usually a period with high demand. The DOH-HKG route is usually in high demand and reward availability is often taken within days of booking opening. I would imagine that demand is already high and reward space has been blacked out. I know from personal experience that blackout dates often apply for reward flights to/from HKG during that period.
That's useful remdk, thank you. In your experience did award availability open up close to departure or did it never appear?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell what is the mileage accrual of the T fare bucket labeled as Eco Saver ?
Should I get the Qmiles/Qpoint of the T fare listed in Eco Promo or the standard Eco Saver mileage accrual ?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:59 pm

Jeff_ You will get the Qmiles and Qpoints for ticket class T as shown in the Qcalculator on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...tor_popup.page. You will need to fill in your origin, destination and PC level. It is only the ticket class that counts when calculating Qmiles and Qpoints. Thus QR could actually call Ticket class T First Flexi and you would still only earn the standard ticket class T Qmiles and Qpoints.
Remember also that ticket class T cannot be upgraded using Qmiles.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flight changes

Booked my first QR trip in J a week ago. When I logged on earlier today to change my seat number there was a banner headline saying my flight details had changed (appear to be just a 10 minute change in timings).

I haven't received any form of e-mail notification of the changes. Is this normal for QR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.