Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Thank you again remdk.

Edit: I have another question. Since we booked this fare during the travel festival, I should receive 2x 20,510 Qmiles, correct? (R fare, AMS-TYO). However to receive this promotion (2x) the website says to register in "My Offers" but I have no such option there.

Last edited by justatourist; Jan 13, 2017 at 9:07 am
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:23 am

justatourist you have probably been automatically registered. Look at My offers when logged in to PC. It should say 'already registered'.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:49 pm

I logged in with my account and now it was showing that option (before it wasn't), but it wasn't registered yet. Also, I cannot see my TYO travel there although I already associated the travel with my member number... maybe it takes some time?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Pay with cash or AA Miles to upgrade, possible?

Hi all QR FFs,

I will be flying QR on a L fare ticket. As oneworld Emerald, is it possible to buy upgrade with cash or with AA miles?

I am AA EXP, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:09 pm

WorldLux welcome to the QR forum.

The OW extra baggage allowance for weight concept baggage is 15 kg for OW Sapphire and 20 kg for OW Emerald. This is in addition to the baggage allowance on your ticket. There are different extra allowances for piece concept baggage.

You can see the exact rules under the 'About Baggage (Luggage)' widget on the QR dashboard.
Seehttps://www.oneworld.com/ffp/extra-baggage-allowance for the OW allowances.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
That's why I was asking as the websites suggest that the extra allowance might be higher when traveling in C/F and the QR website had no satisfying answer.

Thanks for the info though.^
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:46 pm

WorldLux the standard weight allowance varies according to cabin class. The OW extra allowance does not. It is fixed no matter what the cabin class is. I think what was referred to was the allowance for Business class is 10 kg higher than the economy class allowance.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Hi all QR FFs,

I will be flying QR on a L fare ticket. As oneworld Emerald, is it possible to buy upgrade with cash or with AA miles?

I am AA EXP, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
allset2travel 'free' upgrades on QR can only be obtained with Qmiles or Qcredits. It is usually possible to purchase an upgrade, even as late as at the airport if there are seats available.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
[I think what was referred to was the allowance for Business class is 10 kg higher than the economy class allowance.
I think so too, but the statement on the oneworld website is rather ambiguous
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will in most cases receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance
and could have referred to as getting more than the 15kg/20kg in premium classes. Anyway, I'm happy with my 50kg (and 45kg for my companion).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:11 pm

Is there a year long Qatar tourist visa I can purchase as a US Citizen? I have many
flights in and out of DOH with long layovers and would much rather have the freedom
of leaving the airport and staying at a hotel. I read and it seems like the transit visa on
arrival is only good for one way? I don't want to deal with any issues, especially after
coming off of a 16+ hour flight.

I have 10+ trips already booked in J with QR - do you think the airways would help me
acquire this?

Thanks so much, G
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Hi everyone,

So I jumped on the recent AMS-TYO wagon, first time for me on QR. Now I have a couple questions:

I have a 20hrs layover on the outbound and 12 on the inbound, any idea on whether I'm eligible for the transit package? Visa formalities to exit the airport?
Also I'm OWS with both AA and BA, so I'm wondering where it'd be wise to credit AMS-DOH-NRT rt in R to?

Cheers
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:36 pm

Gino Troian the Immigration Departments website is inoperable at the moment do I cannot give a definite and correct answer but I cannot recall seeing a visa of the type you desire. I would imagine that such a visa does not exist.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Is there a year long Qatar tourist visa I can purchase as a US Citizen? I have many
flights in and out of DOH with long layovers and would much rather have the freedom
of leaving the airport and staying at a hotel. I read and it seems like the transit visa on
arrival is only good for one way? I don't want to deal with any issues, especially after
coming off of a 16+ hour flight.

I have 10+ trips already booked in J with QR - do you think the airways would help me
acquire this?

Thanks so much, G
You can get multi-year multiple entry visas for Qatar through the Qatar Embassy.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:01 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

​​​​​I am struggling with QR PC to upgrade a flight. I book 4 tickets and wanted to upgrade the outbound for my parents CDG-BKK in F.
I may be in fault here as I did not understand correctly what the agent told me but at the end, the PNR was slitted in 3 (1 for my mother, 1for my father and 1 for my brother and I). The upgrade of my mother was cleared but not my father's one.
I am not familiar with the married segment thing but found out that there was 0 availability on the journey (but 5 available seats on each sector).
On top of that, like an idiot, I upgraded my mother with my qcredit, so if I put her back in J I will loose them.

I use the PC phone number and the membersvc email but there is no use here. Do someone has a more successful chanel or contact number in order to upgrade the ticket.

Thanks you in advance
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Hi all

Point for some clarification here. I am flying QR for the first time in a few weeks and have a tight connection at DOH. I am wondering whether, as a OW Emerald, I have access to Premium Lane immigration/security? Details seem to be sketchy and as I've gathered so far, QR seem to like to keep a certain segregation between OW elites and those actually ticketed in F and J (I don't necessarily view that as unreasonable, but it is something of a different set up to other OW carriers). Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.