Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:45 am

manutd123 welcome to the QR forum. The dashboard is a tool you may find useful when browsing the forum or looking for man specific answers.

The PC rules http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...itions.page#15 state "Depending on the type of Award, you can choose who benefits: it could be you or any other individual of your choice. (My bold)
There is nothing to stop you upgrading your sister and family but you will, initially, have to pay the fees involved "For all Award tickets and cabin upgrades, you must pay of all taxes, duties, surcharges, passenger service charges, visa costs and any other customs or government imposed taxes."
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks for mentioning AMADEUS. Using that info, I was able to find that it's possible to do the lookup on the Qantas 'Manage My Booking' page:
I entered my AA PNR and surname there, and it spat out a page which had my Amadeus PNR at the top. I took that PNR to the Qatar site, and it found me. (And then QR sent me an email with my QR PNR in the email subject. )

So apparently it is possible but maybe only at that one OW airline site? (Does QF uniquely use both SABRE and AMADEUS?)
You can also use the TripCase app: enter your AA pnr and it will populate the details including your QR pnr.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
manutd123 welcome to the QR forum. The dashboard is a tool you may find useful when browsing the forum or looking for man specific answers.

The PC rules http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...itions.page#15 state "Depending on the type of Award, you can choose who benefits: it could be you or any other individual of your choice. (My bold)
There is nothing to stop you upgrading your sister and family but you will, initially, have to pay the fees involved "For all Award tickets and cabin upgrades, you must pay of all taxes, duties, surcharges, passenger service charges, visa costs and any other customs or government imposed taxes."
Thanks so much remdk.

So looking at my miles, I am able to upgrade my sis and her kids on the 2nd sector of their flight i.e. from DOH-ISB
So all of this was smooth going until the infant became an issue.

QA were saying that I could not use miles for an infant upgrade, even though they would be in a basinette and had to pay cash but not just for the 2nd sector, but also first sector SFO-DOH.

However, then they said there was another problem. I have to pay cash for Business upgrade for the infant for both sectors, but the family is otherwise in Economy for SFO-DOH.

So they said because of an infant, who you have to pay cash in full for the whole outbound journey, unless you upgrade the Adult for the entire outbound journey, the upgrade could not work.

Which is a shame, because I can afford the upgrade for all the family from DOH onwards and am happy to pay the additional cash cost for the infant from SFO-DOH, but to demand the adult then be upgraded for SFO-DOH would prove too much.

I asked if I could pay for the infant in Business all the way, but she be allowed with her mother in economy for SFO-DOH, but they said it did not work that way.

Any advices appreciated.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:26 pm

manutd123 that is a rule that I have not heard before. The rules do state that infants cannot be upgraded. But there is nothing about an infant not being able to change cabin class during the journey anywhere in the rules. I think you need to contact them again and hope that you get an agent who understands the rules!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by manutd123
Thanks so much remdk.

So looking at my miles, I am able to upgrade my sis and her kids on the 2nd sector of their flight i.e. from DOH-ISB
So all of this was smooth going until the infant became an issue.

QA were saying that I could not use miles for an infant upgrade, even though they would be in a basinette and had to pay cash but not just for the 2nd sector, but also first sector SFO-DOH.

However, then they said there was another problem. I have to pay cash for Business upgrade for the infant for both sectors, but the family is otherwise in Economy for SFO-DOH.

So they said because of an infant, who you have to pay cash in full for the whole outbound journey, unless you upgrade the Adult for the entire outbound journey, the upgrade could not work.

Which is a shame, because I can afford the upgrade for all the family from DOH onwards and am happy to pay the additional cash cost for the infant from SFO-DOH, but to demand the adult then be upgraded for SFO-DOH would prove too much.

I asked if I could pay for the infant in Business all the way, but she be allowed with her mother in economy for SFO-DOH, but they said it did not work that way.

Any advices appreciated.
ask them to split your infant's journey to two one ways SFO-DOH in Eco and onwards by Biz. It is the only option that works. Though expensive, it is worth it if you want to make your family fly Biz. I had a similar problem. QRs fare system is very strict and doesnt allow for ticketing fares via DOH in 2 classes (with the xception of the Gulf states)
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:45 am

Jgp777 while I admit that the ticketing rules are a jungle that i have difficulty understanding I think that your interpretation may not be correct. I am thinking of First to/from BKK, CAN, CDG, LHR, MEL (soon) and SYD. You must have mixed class tickets for them also.
Also the 'Book a flight' function not only shows Y prices but a J price as well or J prices and an F price(s) but also allows you to book them indicating that mixed cabin class tickets are permitted.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Jgp777 while I admit that the ticketing rules are a jungle that i have difficulty understanding I think that your interpretation may not be correct. I am thinking of First to/from BKK, CAN, CDG, LHR, MEL (soon) and SYD. You must have mixed class tickets for them also.
Also the 'Book a flight' function not only shows Y prices but a J price as well or J prices and an F price(s) but also allows you to book them indicating that mixed cabin class tickets are permitted.
I wish what you say could be true in my case, because the QR office/call center cannot find a mix of F & J between BKK and MAD. Also, they asked me to try out booking online with a mix fare for BKK and MAD. The search yields only Business class. I've been literally dancing between QR office in MAD (spent about 2 hours with them last week, amazing staff, they tried their best to give me a solution, called up QR in Doha and at MAD airport for solutions) to the Priority Services Spain to Priority Line in Qatar over the past 2-3 weeks. All I needed was a paid infant ticket from BKK-DOH-MAD with BKK-DOH in First and onward DOH-MAD on Business. Both my and my wife have a ticket from BKK-DOH on First and DOH-MAD on Business. I paid for a Business class ticket and used miles to upgrade BKK-DOH to First.
This is what all 3 sources told me (unfortunately not my interpretation!): It is not possible "now" as QR doesnt offer mixed class tickets (this is applicable for Eco+Biz & Biz-First) except in the case when both sectors have the same class operating (example CDG, LHR, SYD), since F is not available on DOH-MAD, they can only offer J from BKK-DOH. So they gave me 3 options (some of these are harsh but the reality according to them):
1. Cancel me and my wifes entire flights and not travel
2. Downgrade to Business on BKK-DOH (so that the infant can be issued a Business class ticket). Cost of an infant ticket BKK-DOH-MAD on Business (240EUR)
3. (Complicated option, but possible) Book 2 oneways BKK-DOH on First and DOH-MAD on Business. Total price of infant ticket (800EUR)

Seriously, Id love someone (especially the pros) on this forum to help me with a solution or contact in QR (apart from the ones we can directly call). If you do have a solution, please let me know, I can propose it to QR to get an infant ticket done for my trip. This is so frustrating as the poor little infant doesn't even occupy a seat, so Ive no idea why it is so complicated. Thank you so much in advance!!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Hi all, we are flying QR in February from ORD-DOH-NBO. Outbound is on a Monday night, return is on a Saturday morning. Can anyone give me an idea of how full these flights might typically be in coach? Would be nice to get 3 seats to lay down across. Seat map shows pretty wide open but that's not always the best indicator. Any other better predictors of this?

Also, I usually get the Hindu special meal on long flights (lik NH or JP to Tokyo) and it is usually very tasty. But what about on QR? Recommended?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:59 am

BangkokTraveler welcome to the QR forum.

QR do not show seats occupied for those passengers who not selected a seat until about 72 hours before departure. So there is no way of knowing the load until then. But other sites such as expertflyer can do so. You need to look at them!

With regard to the Hindu special meal I have not tried it so I cannot comment directly but I have have had many VGML meals and they were all varied and tasty. Look at http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/sp...uirements.page for the types of meals available.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:54 pm

Hi,

I've booked two trips in J during Travel Festival:
1) WAW-PVG-WAW - in this case I registered for 5x qmiles promo,
2) BRU-NGO-BRU - in this case I registered for 4x qmiles promo.

Is there anyway to confirm that both registrations were successful and there'll be no problem with getting multiple qmiles resulting from both promotions?

At present, in "My offers" I don't see any information about 5x qmiles but there's information bout 4x qmiles with indication "Already registered". Such situation gives me some concern. Unfortunately, I didn't do screenshots when QR's website informed me that I registered successfully to both promotions.
Perhaps I could ask at call center but I don't know, if they're able to check it out and give my such confirmation?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:08 am

tropikey The 4X offer was a option open to all whereas the 5X offer was a targeted offer for one day only and as such will not normally be shown under My Offers. The details were in the e-mail you should have received informing you of the offer.

If you have received a confirmation on the webpage that you are registered then you are registered. Not very satisfying but that is yet another way in which they have a lack of communication.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Priority for QMile Upgrade Clearance

In what order do QMile upgrades get cleared?

Do Plat/Gold members get their always get their upgrades confirmed before Burgundy, regardless of when the upgrade was requested? Or, are upgrade clearances based solely on when the request was made?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:38 pm

dcm1020 welcome to FlyerTalk and particularly the QR forum.

It is known that the higher PC/OW status the higher you will be placed on wait lists.
When dealing with a group of online upgrade requests I would imagine that status requests are dealt with first, but only for that group. This may not be the case, it is QR after all!

So my guess is that the effect of such a policy, if it exists, is to deal with status passengers first.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:13 am

tropikey The 4X offer was a option open to all whereas the 5X offer was a targeted offer for one day only and as such will not normally be shown under My Offers. The details were in the e-mail you should have received informing you of the offer.

If you have received a confirmation on the webpage that you are registered then you are registered. Not very satisfying but that is yet another way in which they have a lack of communication.
I sent them an email and asked for confirmation, if my registration was successful. I've just received quite long answer, which in short words says that upon checking my two bookings they noticed that they are eligible for the offer. I must say that so far I'm very satisfied with QR's customer service :-)
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:35 am

is there a secret pc level over plat? like io gs ck etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.