Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:37 pm

Looking for DOH-RAK (Marrakech) One World award availability.

QR flies a nice 787 from RAK-DOH, but doesn't seem to fly DOH-RAK(!!) They only seem to operate a Royal Air Maroc codeshare from DOH-RAK. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Looking for DOH-RAK (Marrakech) One World award availability.

QR flies a nice 787 from RAK-DOH, but doesn't seem to fly DOH-RAK(!!) They only seem to operate a Royal Air Maroc codeshare from DOH-RAK. Am I missing something?
It goes via Casablanca in one direction and on certain days. Is that confusing things?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
It goes via Casablanca in one direction and on certain days. Is that confusing things?
Thanks for the quick reply, ft101!

I tried DOH-CMN in the BA search engine but no flights were displayed. Might be a BA issue? Maybe I need to check over on the AA Oneworld thread.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
flyer8000 welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

1. The cancellation fees are per person as are the other change fees.
2. Only one cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel 1, 2 or all flights on a reservation for a person at the same time. Within the fare rules there is usually a statement such as 'The maximum cancellation cost per person is USD nnn' This varies from ticket class to ticket class so it is pretty specific to your reservation.
3. Yes you can cancel one person on a multi-person reservation without disturbing the other passengers whatsoever.
Thanks for the swift reply great forum by the way. Found a lot of useful information here!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: AA ExPlat
Hi,

During the fare sale I booked a jfk to Singapore return fare in business class, around US$1600 each for my wife and I.

On the outbound, we were right in the middle of the snow storm Stella, and Qatar quite agreeably and pleasantly changed us to depart and return instead through Miami. That was fine, but on the return leg the flight from Singapore was cancelled due to mechanical problems. Qatar put us on SQ to San Francisco and AA to Miami. When I called AA about getting mileage credit, they said that even the AA flight from SFO TO MIA was booked by Qatar BY AQ and I can get no credit even for that flight.

They advised me to contact Qatar, which I will, but am looking for some advice, as this would be 3000 AA EQD and many EQM which I really need.

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Tdeane
Hi,

During the fare sale I booked a jfk to Singapore return fare in business class, around US$1600 each for my wife and I.

On the outbound, we were right in the middle of the snow storm Stella, and Qatar quite agreeably and pleasantly changed us to depart and return instead through Miami. That was fine, but on the return leg the flight from Singapore was cancelled due to mechanical problems. Qatar put us on SQ to San Francisco and AA to Miami. When I called AA about getting mileage credit, they said that even the AA flight from SFO TO MIA was booked by Qatar BY AQ and I can get no credit even for that flight.

They advised me to contact Qatar, which I will, but am looking for some advice, as this would be 3000 AA EQD and many EQM which I really need.

Any suggestions?
Tdeane welcome to the QR forum You may find that the QR dashboard is a useful tool.

Since you were 'unwillingly' rerouted by QR you should retro claim the points and miles for the original ticketed route SIN-DOH-JFK.
You need to supply your reservations code (PNR) and the rerouted flight numbers.
If you have credited your AA account QR may say that you need to contact AA. This is incorrect since they are QR tickets and flights and QR responsibility.

I am pleased that you have been well serviced by QR. This is not always the case. CS has been the butt of many scathing criticisms and its service level is slowly improving, very slowly!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:30 am

Thanks for the advice. I will do as you say, I had already called the QR call centre, who advised me to call the QR Privilege Club Call centre which I also called and they advised me to call AA. I got a great CSR at AA who really tried to see what was possible but called me back and told me that I have to go through QR on this. I will call them when they open and insist if I get the same response. Thanks again.

This was my first trip on QR and I was very impressed by the service both on the ground and in the air. I am looking forward to more trips with them.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
Tdeane welcome to the QR forum You may find that the QR dashboard is a useful tool.

Since you were 'unwillingly' rerouted by QR you should retro claim the points and miles for the original ticketed route SIN-DOH-JFK.
You need to supply your reservations code (PNR) and the rerouted flight numbers.
If you have credited your AA account QR may say that you need to contact AA. This is incorrect since they are QR tickets and flights and QR responsibility.

I am pleased that you have been well serviced by QR. This is not always the case. CS has been the butt of many scathing criticisms and its service level is slowly improving, very slowly!

As an update, I called the QR Mileage Club call centre today, and got the initial pushback that AA had to be contacted to rectify things, however I was able to convince the CSR to take it further and she checked with the back end people and came back and told me that they would contact AA and let them know what had happened. She took all my contact info and other particulars. She was quite pleasant.

About 3 to 4 hours later I got an email from AA advising me that the mileage was credited to my account. My wife also got the same email, and when we checked, everything was there.

Thanks again for your advice. All in all I was very pleased with my entire Qatar experience, problems come up on every airline, but service is about how those problems are handled, and in this case they were handled well.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Tdeane
Hi,

Any suggestions?
Tdeane, thanks for posting your question and the results. I'm in quite the same boat. In fact, possibly we were in the very same boat together.

I was supposed to leave JFK with a companion on the morning of March 14, when storm Stella was supposed to hit. Two days earlier, QR pro-actively called to inquire about rebooking. Breaking up our companion ticket, my friend left JFK on Monday night and I was re-routed to depart from ATL Monday night (my home, which meant I could eliminate a positioning flight and an overnight at JFK, was very happy with QR about this). We did two nights in Doha, a little longer than originally planned, then onward to Singapore.

For the return SIN-DOH-JFK, we were on the 2:05 am SIN-DOH A350 that got cancelled at the gate on Tuesday March 21. We took a rebooking 22 hours later on SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK, and got the overnight at the hotel QR arranged for us. Were you on the same flight? Seems very likely so. We might recognize one another from the gate or rebooking queue.

I was also quite pleased with how QR handled the IRROPS.

I too am trying to get ORC for my return segments. Thanks again for posting your experience. Hope mine comes out as well.

BTW: jealous of your fare. We paid $2125 each and thought it was a steal. You did $500 better. ^^
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I have a QR flight sold with an AA flight number (earns more miles with my partner FF program). Neither the QR nor the AA website will allow me to select a seat. While it is not a real big deal (as it is in business), the question remains as to whether advance seat selection is possible in this case.

Anyone able to comment?

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
I have a QR flight sold with an AA flight number (earns more miles with my partner FF program). Neither the QR nor the AA website will allow me to select a seat. While it is not a real big deal (as it is in business), the question remains as to whether advance seat selection is possible in this case.

Anyone able to comment?

Happy wandering

Fred
wandering_fred provided you have your 6 character PNR then it should be possible to select seats on the QR manage booking page. This is after all a codeshare flight operated by QR!
However I remember that with the QR/CX codeshare DOH-HKG you could not allocate seats even using the PNR.
So who knows?!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Tdeane, thanks for posting your question and the results. I'm in quite the same boat. In fact, possibly we were in the very same boat together.

I was supposed to leave JFK with a companion on the morning of March 14, when storm Stella was supposed to hit. Two days earlier, QR pro-actively called to inquire about rebooking. Breaking up our companion ticket, my friend left JFK on Monday night and I was re-routed to depart from ATL Monday night (my home, which meant I could eliminate a positioning flight and an overnight at JFK, was very happy with QR about this). We did two nights in Doha, a little longer than originally planned, then onward to Singapore.

For the return SIN-DOH-JFK, we were on the 2:05 am SIN-DOH A350 that got cancelled at the gate on Tuesday March 21. We took a rebooking 22 hours later on SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK, and got the overnight at the hotel QR arranged for us. Were you on the same flight? Seems very likely so. We might recognize one another from the gate or rebooking queue.

I was also quite pleased with how QR handled the IRROPS.

I too am trying to get ORC for my return segments. Thanks again for posting your experience. Hope mine comes out as well.

BTW: jealous of your fare. We paid $2125 each and thought it was a steal. You did $500 better. ^^
Hi Megatoplover,

I was able to get out of Singapore on an 8am flight to San Francisco, so I spent about 3 to 4 hours in the Singapore Silver Kris Lounge before flying out. I got into Miami about 4 hours after I would have reached on my original flight and as a bonus, my daughter is at University in the Bay area, so she came to the airport to see us on our 4 hour layover in San Francisco.

I live in Trinidad and Tobago, so the way things worked suited me quite well as I was booked on an early flight to Port of Spain Trinidad at 9am the next morning.

The move to use Miami as a gateway for the outbound and inbound also worked out well for me, I had to change my flight from Trinidad to New York via Miami to one just going to Miami.

A good experience with Qatar.

How far back in the line to rebook in Singapore were you, I was about number 6 or 7.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:34 am

Do the treasure hunt tickets earn qmiles and qpoints?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:37 am

fibonaccifreak welcome to FlyerTalk and to the QR forum.

Because it was a zero priced ticket you will not earn any Qmiles or Qpoints.
See http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/of...sure-hunt.page which says 'A golden ticket is a single, zero-fare ticket to a specific destination, valid for travel between 11 January and 15 December 2017. Only taxes and surcharges apply.'
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:39 am

Thank you remdk, both for the answer and the welcome.

I'm surprised I have been away from FT, especially after coming across it years ago. I live in Doha and hope to contribute more to the QR forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.