Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:39 am

[QUOTE=remdk;28015814
.... The key words are 'involuntary operational rerouting'!
/QUOTE]

A belated note of thanks to remdk for guidance on how to obtain Avios credit for my recent flight on Thai to BKK, reticketed by Qatar to avoid a lengthy delay.

It took awhile, but points are now in the account. My next challenge will be to get in fast if/when Companion Fares from UK are offered for a trip to Vietnam.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by makrom
Just checked one of my upcoming flights, seen that me and +1 got booted from our our seats (3a/e on A350), instead got placed on 6e/f. Never had this happening to me before, is this a common thing?
Maybe an aircraft type switch followed by a switch back to A350.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Using expertflyer to determine seat availability (first-timer)

Question: How accurate is experflyer in terms of inventory for QR?

Reason I ask is because I'm looking to book from DXB/DWC to ICN for outbound travel on 30th August (+/- 2 days) and expertflyer shows availability as O9, T9, W9 (more than 9 seats available, economy promo). However, on QR's website, the fares only show for Econ saver and price into N-class for outbound and S for inbound. Point of sale is UAE.

Even when I try to price it on expertflyer, it goes directly into N.

Not looking for award availability, just to buy it regularly.

Ro

Last edited by RohanDXB; Apr 9, 2017 at 6:27 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
OK three quick questions (first time on Qatar so very excited!)

BOS-DOH
1 - What is the earliest the check in counter for checking bags is open prior to the night flight?
(FL744 9:55PM departure)

2 - Also, I believe we use the Air France Lounge in Boston, anything to get excited about by allotting MORE time for this departure lounge?

3 - They DO serve Alcohol on this flight...correct? (The QR website has zero mention of alcohol on the flight)

4 - Confused about Pajamas on this flight....some posts say NO pajamas on QR business class flights, others say Yes to pajamas....please clarify if you know for sure.

Last edited by tasnam; Apr 9, 2017 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:51 am

tasnam
1) QRs standard check-in time is three hours prior to your departure time. Unless there it is stated otherwise in your E-ticket or other documents it is three hours.

2) According to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/bos/-1 the standard QR lounge is Air France Lounge but you also have access to American Airlines Admirals Club and British Airways Lounge. This information is directly accessible from the Qatar Airways Lounges (Outstation) widget on the dashboard.

3) Alcohol is served on all QR flights except for some regional flights during Ramadan. The Wiki about how Ramadan will affect you is available via the Dashboard Ramadan widget. You can get an idea of what is served from the the Business Class Menus thread, available from the dashboard. Here you can choose any US destination since the menus and wine lists are almost identical for all of them.

4) The Wiki on the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28147850 thread contains a list of the latest reports of the availability of Amenity kits, Pyjamas etc on each flight. (Also available via the dashboard).
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Thank you Very much...that app is great, I had not seen that prior. Sorry.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:58 am

Apologies if this has been asked before or I am in the wrong section but what is the approximate time to transfer points from SPG to QMiles?

I did a transfer 4 weeks ago now and the miles have still not been credited yet. I read somewhere that it could take around 3 weeks to transfer so is it too soon to esquire where they have gone?

I just hope the upgrade I want to use the miles for is still available whenever they finally transfer!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RohanDXB
Question: How accurate is experflyer in terms of inventory for QR?

Reason I ask is because I'm looking to book from DXB/DWC to ICN for outbound travel on 30th August (+/- 2 days) and expertflyer shows availability as O9, T9, W9 (more than 9 seats available, economy promo). However, on QR's website, the fares only show for Econ saver and price into N-class for outbound and S for inbound. Point of sale is UAE.
1. QR loves married segment logic. Are you specifying your connecting segments in your ExpertFlyer search? If you are searching for the segments individually then the availability will be different.

Edit:

Inspection of the fare tariff reveals that the O-, T- and Q- fares have the following restriction in the Blackouts category:
Code:
BLACKOUT DATES	
   OUTBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 20JUN17 THROUGH 10JUL17 OR
     24AUG17 THROUGH 01SEP17.
   INBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 29JUN17 THROUGH 02JUL17 OR
     30AUG17 THROUGH 11SEP17.
This leaves N- fares as the cheapest satisfying your date constraint.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 10, 2017 at 5:52 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:01 am

Qatar A350 XWB - I am a little confused about the BABY BASSINET seats. We have been assigned seats 17J and 17H, and call center confirms there is a bassinet option, but looking at seat maps I think the row ahead (16) has the bulkhead and therefore is the right bassinet seat. What am I missing here? Are there some freestanding bassinets for the floor or have I been misinformed?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Mikko Ervasti
Qatar A350 XWB - I am a little confused about the BABY BASSINET seats. We have been assigned seats 17J and 17H, and call center confirms there is a bassinet option, but looking at seat maps I think the row ahead (16) has the bulkhead and therefore is the right bassinet seat. What am I missing here? Are there some freestanding bassinets for the floor or have I been misinformed?
Mikko Ervasti welcome to FlyerTalk and to the QR forum. You may find the QR dashboard a useful tool when looking for information.

Row 16 has 2-3-2 seats across the cabin while row 17 has 3-3-3 across the cabin. There are two seats in row 17 which are regarded as 'first row' seats and thus Bassinet seats.

Look at the seat plan on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html and you will see why.

In your case 17H is regarded as a bassinet seat.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by remdk
Mikko Ervasti welcome to FlyerTalk and to the QR forum. You may find the QR dashboard a useful tool when looking for information.

Row 16 has 2-3-2 seats across the cabin while row 17 has 3-3-3 across the cabin. There are two seats in row 17 which are regarded as 'first row' seats and thus Bassinet seats.

Look at the seat plan on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html and you will see why.

In your case 17H is regarded as a bassinet seat.
It seems very strange that it is regarded as a bassinet seat just because there is no seat in front of it. It's pretty fall from the bulkhead so are the parents supposed to leave their infant an whole row ahead? Also, I feel like whoever is sitting the 16J/K wont be very pleased either...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:41 am

Row 16 of the A350 is 2-0-2 seat and row 17 3-3-3 of which the middle 3 seats have bassinets. There is a cupboard where the middle seats of row 16 should be! Some seat maps show this clearly whilst others do not. Thus both rows 16 and 17 are the front rows of the cabin.

Qr regard the front row of each cabin, the bulkhead, as bassinet seats even if they have no bassinet. These seats are almost always blocked.

Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by remdk; Apr 10, 2017 at 11:59 am Reason: Wrong row numbers - thanks kq747
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by remdk
Row 15 of the A350 is 2-0-2 seat and row 16 3-3-3 of which the middle 3 seats have bassinets. There is a cupboard where the middle seats of row 16 should be! Some seat maps show this clearly whilst others do not. Thus both rows 16 and 17 are the front rows of the cabin.

Qr regard the front row of each cabin, the bulkhead, as bassinet seats even if they have no bassinet. These seats are almost always blocked.

Sorry about the confusion.
That's not what you see on google maps. Row 16 is 2-0-2, Row 17 is 3-3-3. There does not appear to be a Row 15 at all.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...rbus-A350.page
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
1. QR loves married segment logic. Are you specifying your connecting segments in your ExpertFlyer search? If you are searching for the segments individually then the availability will be different.

Edit:

Inspection of the fare tariff reveals that the O-, T- and Q- fares have the following restriction in the Blackouts category:
Code:
BLACKOUT DATES	
   OUTBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 20JUN17 THROUGH 10JUL17 OR
     24AUG17 THROUGH 01SEP17.
   INBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 29JUN17 THROUGH 02JUL17 OR
     30AUG17 THROUGH 11SEP17.
This leaves N- fares as the cheapest satisfying your date constraint.
Thanks a lot Calchas for the clarification - I had been searching it as a connecting segment but did not have the visibility of blackout dates (which is due to all the Eid related holiday travel that will take place at that time).

Ro
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:21 am

What is the best seat in first class on qatar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.