Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:29 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:13 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by makrom
Does anyone have any experience about how long it should take to credit BA flights on QRPC?
Over the last 2-3 years I have flown BA many times and credited to QRPC, and found it can take anywhere between a few days and a month. There doesn't seem to be any set pattern, but they have always credited eventually.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Hello all. Does anybody know how long it takes to credit CX flights to privilege club account … thank you
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:20 am

wickedkhalsa while they are different airlines I think that Johnnieboy's answer in post 2102 of this thread would also apply to CX.
"Over the last 2-3 years I have flown BA many times and credited to QRPC, and found it can take anywhere between a few days and a month. There doesn't seem to be any set pattern, but they have always credited eventually."

This appears to be about standard for the larger, more efficient, OW partners.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Hi - I have a problem that I'm still attempting to rectify. Last month I flew r/t from LAX to SIN via DOH. On my return, I had an overnight layover and stayed at a hotel in Doha after arranging a transit visa. When I checked in for my flight, I noticed that my boarding pass had been flagged SSSS, which I knew meant I would be subjected to an enhanced pre-flight screening -- which was fine, until they checked my laptop. For unknown reasons it had completely stopped working in the middle of my three-week trip, and since I was in an area of the world without any Apple Stores, I decided to wait and get it fixed upon my return to the US.

As I was undergoing my enhanced screening at DOH for my return flight to LAX, HIA security personnel discovered that my laptop didn't work -- and that it had nothing to do with it simply being out of power -- and refused to allow me to board with it. While that was immensely frustrating at the time, I later learned that it's standard procedure to refuse to allow passengers to carry electronics onboard that will not power up. I was told at the time that this was at the directive of American TSA authorities, as was the SSSS flag on my boarding pass.

The problem, however, is that it's been three weeks since my flight, and my laptop is apparently still at HIA. I have emailed and phoned QR repeatedly, but to no avail. The main problem is that QR is apparently under the mistaken belief that they cannot ship/transfer my laptop to any airport in the US. I called TSA directly, which explicitly said that this is not true, and QR can transfer my laptop to any US airport without problems on the US end. Further, TSA said HIA and QR were mistaken in refusing to allow my laptop on board at all during my original flight; TSA guidance merely states that nonfunctional electronics must be stored in checked baggage. (I specifically requested this be done for my original flight, but was told it was not possible.)

What I have established is that QR's "Found Property Central Office" in Doha has my laptop in its possession. They also emailed me to say they could ship it to any airport QR flies to ... except those in the US. It was at that point that I called TSA and found out that QR is misinterpreting TSA rules, and that shipping it to an American airport is fine. However, I have emailed QR's Found Property office three times and called twice to apprise them of this info. They have responded to none of my emails; one of the phone calls was simply never answered; and on the other phone call I spoke to someone who was clearly not fluent in English and did not understand what I was talking about. I asked him if they could ship my laptop to Houston, since I would be in town this past weekend; he said yes, but - again - I don't think he knew what I was asking, because my laptop apparently never made it to Houston.

So: at this point all I really need to do is speak to someone either at QR's Houston office -- who can then presumably relay my request in Arabic to the proper authorities in Doha -- or their baggage office at IAH. I have not, however, been able to find any domestic contact numbers for either; all I can find is their general 877 reservations line. Can anyone here point me in the right direction of where I need to go or who I need to speak to to get my laptop back?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
QCredits upgrade

I tried to Google, FT search and QR website but didn't find any more information about Qcredits upgrades.

- Is there an upgrade chart somewhere? I'm looking to upgrade DXB-RUH round trip. Would 40 Qcredits be enough?

- Can I upgrade from every economy bookings class?

Thx !
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:28 pm

Nico_T_ log into your PC account and use the Qcalculator.
This does not work if you are not logged in to PC!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: BA
I am taking QR J and have a 28 hour stopover in DOH.
My flight from HKG arrives DOH at 4:30am.
As I would not be able to check into the hotel at that time, would it be possible to go to the Al Mourjan lounge first and then go landside?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Is QR flexible with changing flights? My current flight is DOH-LAX, but I now need to be on the east coast sooner than expected.
Have I any chance of QR putting me onto a flight that flies into the east coast, eg JFK, BOS, ORD?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:31 am

hakzai welcome to the QR forum. You may find the 'About DOH airport' widget on the dashboard helpful.

Al Mourjan, like the other lounges at DOH, is open 24/7. If you have your onward boarding pass then yes you can use Al Mourjan for some time and after a good breakfast leave the airport. To leave you need to go back through security just one floor below Al Mourjan and then follow the arrivals signs. This is all explained on the dashboard.
Enjoy your stay.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:40 am

oh_lol what are the fare conditions attached to your reservation? It is here you can find the answers you are looking for. For some rule sets changes are not permitted, whilst for others they are permitted free of charge.

QR are not known for flexibility with regard to destination changes but with the fare rules and a bit of research on your part it may work for you.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:37 am

Hi all, I want to run something past the experts, just so I don't get caught out.

I am currently Gold and since I got 550 Q points in the past 12 months, it says on my account that I have already requalified. My current card expires in June 2017, does this mean that I will then be gold until June 2018?

If that is the case, is there any crossover period in between where I won't have benefits?

Will I get 40 more Q credits since I am gold again?

And finally, if supposing after the extra year is over, will I fall to silver or will I go all the way back to burgundy?

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:42 am

jah718 if you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr...nts%20new.page you will see that you have qualified for renewal, almost qualified for Platinum. Use the tier calculator to see how you stand.

One word of caution: your expiry date is not just a month but a specific date within that month. One day can make a big difference!

Your renewal happens seamlessly so there is no break in privileges at all. The only thing you will notice is that some time later you will receive a new membership card.

If you look at the tier calculator and and your 12 month review Qpoints is 540 or more then you have already qualified for 2018-2019 as well.

If you fail to qualify for renewal then you will be reduced one level no matter how few Qpoints you have earned.

Qcredits are awarded at every renewal according to the new membership level. So yes you will receive 40 Qcredits at renewal.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Originally Posted by remdk
wickedkhalsa while they are different airlines I think that Johnnieboy's answer in post 2102 of this thread would also apply to CX.
"Over the last 2-3 years I have flown BA many times and credited to QRPC, and found it can take anywhere between a few days and a month. There doesn't seem to be any set pattern, but they have always credited eventually."

This appears to be about standard for the larger, more efficient, OW partners.
Thank you remdk . the miles posed today, 1 week after i flew the last leg of my journey.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hakzai
I am taking QR J and have a 28 hour stopover in DOH.
My flight from HKG arrives DOH at 4:30am.
As I would not be able to check into the hotel at that time, would it be possible to go to the Al Mourjan lounge first and then go landside?
The last time I went to Al Mourjan, in early February, they told me they had to check before letting me inside because my flight was leaving the next day and they said they have a 24 hours limit. Fortunatly, it was 3am and my flight was leaving the next day at 1:30am, so it was under 24 hours.
As you have a 28 hours stopover, you might not be allowed in Al Mourjan...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.