Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, I want to run something past the experts, just so I don't get caught out.

I am currently Gold and since I got 550 Q points in the past 12 months, it says on my account that I have already requalified. My current card expires in June 2017, does this mean that I will then be gold until June 2018?

If that is the case, is there any crossover period in between where I won't have benefits?

Will I get 40 more Q credits since I am gold again?

And finally, if supposing after the extra year is over, will I fall to silver or will I go all the way back to burgundy?

Thanks!
If I were you, I would wait for my Gold status renewal and get the 40 Qcredits, then fly to reach the 600 Qpoints threshold to Platinum and get 60 more Qcredits ;-)
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:57 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to the frequent flyer stuff, so I was wondering:
we (me + partner + baby) will be flying to Malaysia in the summer with Qatar. I noticed Qatar has a special family program, but wouldn't it be more rewardable if we would both join the privilege club (and book separately) instead of only one of us with the family program (and thus only 25% of the points)?

Thanks!
Babs
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:45 pm

Mumsonflipflops welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

In the family program the main member receives the full Qmiles and Qpoints due but other members of the family receive reduced Qmiles and no Qpoints.
Also remember that Qmiles can be transferred, at a cost, between member accounts.

If you both are going to be regular fliers then separate accounts would be the best. In fact separate membership would probably be the best anyway.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
As you have a 28 hours stopover, you might not be allowed in Al Mourjan...
Staying 28 hours in a lounge? That sounds like torture. I would probably check into an hotel do a short tour of Doha get back to the airport and visit the lounge before boarding.

I may be biased because I don't like hanging around a lounge for more than 2 to 6 hours (depending on the lounge quality).
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:06 am

Matt4 I thought that the 24 hour rule, which is QRs version of the 6 am rule for Premium passengers (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access) was abolished last year at the same time as the access rules were simplified and OW premium passengers were admitted.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:13 am

WorldLux in his original post hakzai arriving at 4.30 am says he wants to use the lounge before going to a pre-booked hotel in Doha. 28 hours in the lounge are not in his thoughts. post 2108 explains what his thinking is.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:11 am

Why are all fares ex-Egypt to south america blocked out? I need to go to GRU and SCL in April, yet every time I try to purchase a flight on QR, it gives me an error?

No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)

Last edited by Gino Troian; Mar 17, 2017 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Why are all fares ex-Egypt to south america blocked out? I need to go to GRU and SCL in April, yet every time I try to purchase a flight on QR, it gives me an error?
Are you trying to book to or from.SCL? That route isn't due to launch until next year, and doesn't have a start date yet.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:32 am

Johnnieboy in the timetable search function QR shows CAI-DOH-GRU-SCL with the GRU-SCL segment operated by Gol Linhas Aerea S/A. In spite of this there are no flights available for purchase in the Book a flight section. Of course it could be that flights are sold out or that CAI has used its complement of tickets for the route!
CAI-DOH-GRU also has no bookable flights in the same time period.
However DOH-GRU and DOH-GRU-SCL all have bookable seats available.
Even though DOH-GRU is mostly sold out in the J cabin.

To me this looks like a case of heavy demand but it could also be QR discouraging flights from CAI to South America via DOH.

Maybe Gino Troian should try booking from HBE.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:05 am

Ah, thanks remdk. It was early in the morning and I didn't think about partner connections. Sounds like a quota thing then as you say.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:08 am

That's interesting, because a quick search out of DOH is showing light loads to/from GRU... with even lots of R fares.

I was originally searching out of HBE as it's much closer, but yeah, everything comes back with an error. I will give a call to Qatar airways regarding this and will be report back if anyone runs into the same issue.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Tried to start a thread yesterday (text and a tweet) and it said that it'll have to be checked/released by a mod. Is that (new) so?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:25 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by remdk
Johnnieboy in the timetable search function QR shows CAI-DOH-GRU-SCL with the GRU-SCL segment operated by Gol Linhas Aerea S/A. In spite of this there are no flights available for purchase in the Book a flight section. Of course it could be that flights are sold out or that CAI has used its complement of tickets for the route!
CAI-DOH-GRU also has no bookable flights in the same time period.
However DOH-GRU and DOH-GRU-SCL all have bookable seats available.
Even though DOH-GRU is mostly sold out in the J cabin.

To me this looks like a case of heavy demand but it could also be QR discouraging flights from CAI to South America via DOH.

Maybe Gino Troian should try booking from HBE.
Shame the restrict ticketing like this. I'd consider flying QR from US-EU if it meant getting their paneer makhani served onboard again...but they don't seem to permit US-EU ticketing.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:19 pm

QR ticket cancellation?

Hi guys,

I have a few basic questions regarding QR ticket cancellation. I have not been able to find the answers elsewhere.

Back in January, I have booked promo J tickets for 2 pax return on the same PNR.

Cancellation fee is given as 500 USD according to the fare rules.

1: Is the cancellation fee per person?
2: Is the cancellation fee for one-way or return?
3: Is it possible to cancel only for one traveller or must the PNR be fully cancelled?

Thanks in advance :-)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyer8000
Hi guys,

I have a few basic questions regarding QR ticket cancellation. I have not been able to find the answers elsewhere.

Back in January, I have booked promo J tickets for 2 pax return on the same PNR.

Cancellation fee is given as 500 USD according to the fare rules.

1: Is the cancellation fee per person?
2: Is the cancellation fee for one-way or return?
3: Is it possible to cancel only for one traveller or must the PNR be fully cancelled?

Thanks in advance :-)
flyer8000 welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

1. The cancellation fees are per person as are the other change fees.
2. Only one cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel 1, 2 or all flights on a reservation for a person at the same time. Within the fare rules there is usually a statement such as 'The maximum cancellation cost per person is USD nnn' This varies from ticket class to ticket class so it is pretty specific to your reservation.
3. Yes you can cancel one person on a multi-person reservation without disturbing the other passengers whatsoever.

Last edited by remdk; Mar 21, 2017 at 6:09 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.