Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Quick question as I couldn't see any updates on FT (or from Rob over at H4P). Any word of change on the horizon since 'the great R class incident' of '16 between Qatar and BAEC? I presume both have agreed not go there again and honour TP's moving forward.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:27 am

miro776 you can use your lounge passes. as QR Platinum you receive 5 lounge passes each year. Just say at the entrance to the First class lounge, that you are using a lounge pass for the extra guest. This is the First Class Lounge up the escalator behind and to the left of the brainwashed teddy bear, not Al Mourjan or Al Safwa.
See http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...m_members.page for more details.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by remdk
miro776 you can use your lounge passes. as QR Platinum you receive 5 lounge passes each year. Just say at the entrance to the First class lounge, that you are using a lounge pass for the extra guest. This is the First Class Lounge up the escalator behind and to the left of the brainwashed teddy bear, not Al Mourjan or Al Safwa.
See http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...m_members.page for more details.
It's brainwashed? (The bear) I've always thought it looked like it was being executed by electric chair.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:47 am

flyerCO I remember an early 1950s Sci-fi childrens film where a new 'controller' was being instructed in how to manage the population! In a huge hall were 4 endless rows of teddy bears all with that lampshade on their heads. The film was black and white but it was said that the bears were coloured and had different functions in society, Red for highly skilled workers (Doctors, nurses etc.) and Yellow was for the most menial jobs! They were there for their nightly re-indoctrination! That is why I think of the HIA teddy bear as brainwashed!
This is way off topic for this forum so please let it be.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TheClassicPom
Quick question as I couldn't see any updates on FT (or from Rob over at H4P). Any word of change on the horizon since 'the great R class incident' of '16 between Qatar and BAEC? I presume both have agreed not go there again and honour TP's moving forward.
If you rummage around on the these forums - I think it was over in the BA forum - you can find a response to the' QR R class not earning points on BA fiasco' from a BA employee who confirmed that the omission of QR R class on the BA website earning chart was entirely human error and there was no conspiracy to withdraw earning status on QR R flights.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:17 am

Hi, I have two questions I couldn't find answers to on the QR website.

I am traveling on QR in ECO as an OWE and have a 3 day stopover in DOH.
Can I check through one bag to my final destination and have the other one delivered in DOH?

When checking-in in DOH, can I use the QR First check-in counters? Or is there a separate Oneworld check-in?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:57 am

creflo welcome to the QR forum.

When I asked the question some months ago I was told that because of some bad experiences with partial delivery of baggage (The wrong bag was delivered very frequently) at the old airport they will no longer accept 'split' luggage.
It is possible that the check-in agent at the airport may still do so but in general it is not permitted.

Check-in for OWS and OWE is at a dedicated OW/PC check-in area at DOH.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
Check-in for OWS and OWE is at a dedicated OW/PC check-in area at DOH.
Row 3 to be specific, the first one to the left of First and Business check in.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:50 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I'm new to QR. My question is, how often does QR do sales like the recent "Festival...". I'm trying to decide where to put the miles from my upcoming JFK-SIN RT. I can put the ~52000 miles into my (new) Prestige account or ~26000 into my AA account. I have most of my miles with UA and Dl, so I could go either way with these. If there are a reasonable number of sales, I would be more likely to put it into Prestige. Thanks.
Edited to add: Am I correct that I would only get 26000 AA miles vs. the 52000 (Double bonus) for this trip?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:45 pm

Vulcan welcome to the QR forum.

In the last year or so QR have held the Festival twice a year and usually a 2for1 sale. But it is the individual countries who have bargains a lot of the time. If you have an idea of which origins you will fly from keep an eye on the offers from them as well.

With regard to which FFp to credit miles to look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html.

With regard to AA versus Aspire you need to ask those programs. I would suspect that you would only get the 26000 but I do not know the FFP rules.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Perfect much appreciated Plunet!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Ive discussed a part of this on another topic but didnt get too many responses. Hoping to have a few suggestions:
I booked BKK-DOH-MAD on J on QR. Then I used my miles to upgrade BKK-DOH to F. Now, I would like to pay for an infant to be added. I know on QR F on the A380 there is no bassinet and I have to carry him on my lap, which is ok for me. Both QR Doha call center and the MAD city office tells me they cannot add an infant because the system is not giving them a fare for BKK-DOH by F and DOH-MAD by J. (They aren't able to get this fare for an adult as well, It is only giving them a J fare through to MAD because none of the flights on DOH-MAD operate with F class). They suggested to downgrade myself, which for me isnt really what Id like, given both me and my wife are upgraded.
Can anyone suggest me if there are any other options or if you have any other contacts in QR who could look at this particular case and help me. This seems to be a deadlock and Ive no idea what to do. I planned an anniversary trip for me and my wife and this is turning out to be a bummer if we have to be seated separetely.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Does anyone know how long it takes for Qmiles to get back into your account after you cancel an award ticket? Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jgp777
Ive discussed a part of this on another topic but didnt get too many responses. Hoping to have a few suggestions:
I booked BKK-DOH-MAD on J on QR. Then I used my miles to upgrade BKK-DOH to F. Now, I would like to pay for an infant to be added. I know on QR F on the A380 there is no bassinet and I have to carry him on my lap, which is ok for me. Both QR Doha call center and the MAD city office tells me they cannot add an infant because the system is not giving them a fare for BKK-DOH by F and DOH-MAD by J. (They aren't able to get this fare for an adult as well, It is only giving them a J fare through to MAD because none of the flights on DOH-MAD operate with F class). They suggested to downgrade myself, which for me isnt really what Id like, given both me and my wife are upgraded.
Can anyone suggest me if there are any other options or if you have any other contacts in QR who could look at this particular case and help me. This seems to be a deadlock and Ive no idea what to do. I planned an anniversary trip for me and my wife and this is turning out to be a bummer if we have to be seated separetely.
I know nothing of the QR reward programme, but can you make a normal J booking for the infant and then use miles to upgrade him to F?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Calchas
I know nothing of the QR reward programme, but can you make a normal J booking for the infant and then use miles to upgrade him to F?
Upgrades for an infant using Qmiles are not allowed as per QR PC Rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.