Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:59 am

Gino Troian if there is I have yet to hear of it! If there is a SECRET level then it is hardly surprising that we have not heard of it. It is secret after all!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:18 pm

Hi,
if my calculations are correct, I'll get PC silver status during WAW-DOH-PVG-DOH-WAW flight, after WAW-DOH sector. How long does it take to implement new status and how fast will I be able to take advantages of higher status? Is it possible that silver will be ready to work already for DOH-PVG leg (which will be approx. 2-3 hours after WAW-DOH flight)? If not, is there a chance that I'll be able to use ma status (and earn more qmiles) on return flight, 5 days after arrival to PVG?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:58 pm

tropikey your account is updated with miles and points once the flight is airborne. so IF you reach silver level on the WAW-DOH flight you will be silver when you land.
You will not receive notification immediately but if you look at your account you will see that you are now Silver.
The effects such as increased miles earning and Lounge access in DOH are also immediate so you will earn the extra miles on DOH-PVG and have access to the HIA Business class lounge in DOH during your transfer. You may need to ask the lounge dragon to look your membership number up because your boarding pass DOH-PVG will still show Burgundy status.
Early Congratulations on reaching the next status level.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:27 pm

Thank you very much for another helpful information. It's great news :-)

EDIT: I hope you don't mind if I ask one more question...

I've just realised that I could become silver even earlier, after BRU-DOH-HND-NGO-NRT-DOH-BRU flight. I'll be travelling in J which I booked in R fare. In this case, BRU-DOH-BRU and DOH-HND/NRT-DOH will give in total 130 Qpoints (70 + 60), while 150 Qpoints are required to become silver member. I wonder now if HND-NGO-NRT will give missing 20 Qpoints. I wouldn't have any doubts if they were J class but these two flights will be in Y, but still under the same fare (RJTFP1NE). How many Qpoints will I earn for such flights? Is there any chance that it'll be 10 Qpoints one way, like in case of business class R fare?

Last edited by tropikey; Feb 2, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:53 pm

tropikey accorsing to http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...alculator.page and using JAL as the partner you will earn 8 Qpoints each way in so you are still just four points short!

And please remember that it takes time for partner airline flights to be registered with QR and that the Qpoints earned are first valid from when QR register them.

Also remember that JAL's ticketing classes are different from QR's!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:04 am

That's too bad :-(

And what about Iberia flights? I'll fly with them from MAD to TFN in July (RT). They're also in Oneworld but they're not listed in QR's calculator. Does it mean that it's not possible to collect Qmiles and Qpoints on IB flights?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:40 am

tropikey Using IBeria Airlines as Partner airline I get the following for MAD-TFN return:-

Cabin Class Booking Class Qmiles Qpoints
Business C,D,I,J,R 2,792 32 Book Now
Economy A,O,Q 558 12 Book Now
F,G,K,L,M,N,S,V,Z 1,118 16
B,H,Y 2,234 24
Premium Economy E,T 2,234 24 Book Now
W 2,458 28

In the Qcqlculator you need to click on Partner airlines and then select Iberia, either of the two, to see the miles and points earned.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:51 am

Of course! I'm sorry for last question. I haven't noticed "Partner Airlines" section in QR calculator and searched for Iberia only in "Qatar Airways" section. That's why I didn't see Iberia...
Well, in this case, it seems that I'll earn missing Qpoints thanks to my IB flights in July.
Thanks a lot for explanation!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
There's no max stay rule at Al Safwa, right?

Looking at deliberately booking a 10hr layover (10am-8pm) with a view to grabbing a room (I realise I may be limited to 4/6 hours on this part) and getting some sleep.

Possible?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:40 am

Can somebody explain the meaning of 12,000 miles - Above in this chart: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=7&sid=3

What is the limit of the distance?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:41 am

Warpten welcome to FlyerTalk and especially so to the QR forum.

The table you looked at is for return flights. Or as QR say in http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=7&sid=3 for an entire itinerary. There are not many of us that would use a reward flight to emigrate so this is for all flights in your itinerary. If you want a reward return flight of about 8000 miles each way you would still only pay for the 120001 miles plus even though you would fly 16000 miles.

Please excuse the rather elaborate explanation but there are many who, unfortunately, just read a reply and do not read the original post and put the reply into context.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
Warpten welcome to FlyerTalk and especially so to the QR forum.

The table you looked at is for return flights. Or as QR say in http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=7&sid=3 for an entire itinerary. There are not many of us that would use a reward flight to emigrate so this is for all flights in your itinerary. If you want a reward return flight of about 8000 miles each way you would still only pay for the 120001 miles plus even though you would fly 16000 miles.

Please excuse the rather elaborate explanation but there are many who, unfortunately, just read a reply and do not read the original post and put the reply into context.
Thanks for the welcome and a detailed reply.
I'm wondering is this applicable to a Round The World award? That's why i ask if there's a limit on the miles flown within that price. Similar to how BA has a distance based chart with 50,000 miles as a limit for a desired trip.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I am a total newbie to QR and am normally accustomed to flying CX. Looking forward to flying soon in a product that so many of us CX regulars have expressed adoration at.

My question is, can anyone provide an overview of the cabin crew hierarchy at QR? Is there one? Can one easily distinguish from the uniforms?

On CX, the senior crew exclusively serve the left aisle in J class and the ISM (CSD/ISD in other airline speak) does not (have to) help out. Are these also the cases on QR? How is the Emerald recognition compared to CX?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

There's no max stay rule at Al Safwa, right?

Looking at deliberately booking a 10hr layover (10am-8pm) with a view to grabbing a room (I realise I may be limited to 4/6 hours on this part) and getting some sleep.

Possible?
Wozza2404 - in my experience, totally possible; if there is a maximum stay rule it has never been a issue for me (nor multiple/repeat lounge entries). Just bear in mind that rooms are on a 'first come, first served' basis.

I am pleased to see I am not the only one who 'deliberately' books longish DOH layovers. Unless on an urgent business trip I don't see what the hurry is to get from 'A' to 'B'? For me the journey (particularly on QR) is part of the enjoyment - a break in the journey in DOH between two excellent QR flights, a meal or two and some drinks in the lounge(s), and some sleep in a proper bed does it for Mrs PtF and myself.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA and PC
I have a question about checked luggage.

Here is my itinerary: LXR-DOH-AMS. Is it possible to add checked bags in the DOH-AMS leg only? I would fly with HBO from LXR-DOH, leave the airport (long layover) and check in a larger piece of luggage from Doha to Amsterdam. Is this allowed?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.