Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:45 am

KFGRU it depends!
How long is the layover in DOH? is it over or under 24 hours? If under then it will most likely NOT be possible. Over 24 hours it may be possible. It is very unusual to add baggage at a stopover point and QR may actually not permit it.

Are you trying to do a turnround in LXR and return to DOH on the same aircraft? If so then you may find that you are a noshow for the LXR-DOH flight since you have to deal with immigration and check-in for the flights to AMS. With 60/90 minutes between arrival and departure it has been suggested that it is just not possible.
You can see more on the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-possible.html thread.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I am a total newbie to QR and am normally accustomed to flying CX. Looking forward to flying soon in a product that so many of us CX regulars have expressed adoration at.

My question is, can anyone provide an overview of the cabin crew hierarchy at QR? Is there one? Can one easily distinguish from the uniforms?

On CX, the senior crew exclusively serve the left aisle in J class and the ISM (CSD/ISD in other airline speak) does not (have to) help out. Are these also the cases on QR? How is the Emerald recognition compared to CX?
If there is any cabin crew hierarchy with QR, I don't think it's that obvious.
Senior staff wear grey. Everyone else wears burgundy. It's not quite like CX or SQ where you see 4 completely different uniforms and you can peg their rank instantly. I've seen QR cabin supervisors actively helping out with meal service and mattress toppers, and they don't seem to favour any particular aisle.

In my experience, you can get great or mediocre service on either side. The best and most memorable service for me thus far came from a junior crew member was when I was sitting in 6J on a 777, so seniority and the left side aisle does not always equate to better service.

OWS/E recognition is more obvious in Y class. It's usually the crew who's in charge of your section who will greet you and offer you first choice of meals. In J, they don't seem to overtly treat any passengers better than others - at least not that I've noticed! (at least the crew don't get queried about evian water bottles!)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:27 pm

Hello All

Relocating to Doha very soon. Arriving on a Friday on a QR flight at around 11:15pm. For those with experience arriving in DOH (especially around this time) how long (approximately) is the wait to clear immigration? A friend will be picking me and I don't want them to be waiting too long in arrivals if it will take especially long to clear immigration.

Many thanks
RJA321
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by RJA321
Hello All

Relocating to Doha very soon. Arriving on a Friday on a QR flight at around 11:15pm. For those with experience arriving in DOH (especially around this time) how long (approximately) is the wait to clear immigration? A friend will be picking me and I don't want them to be waiting too long in arrivals if it will take especially long to clear immigration.

Many thanks
RJA321
I arrived at 11:30 last night and the Biz/Fist immigration was completely
empty (2 agents) and when walking past the normal one, it seemed like it
was moving very fast. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
Hi there

We'd like to introduce the concept of the "Newbie Lounge" to the QR forum. We've used it successfully in other forums. So if you are new to FT or new to flying Qatar, and have a question, please post this here.

This thread will become a "sticky" meaning it will sit at the top of this page.

As always, Zol and I welcome any feedback for improvements to the QR forum

Regards

eightblack and Zol
Moderators - QR Forum
Am planning to travel frequently from US to India and back on Qatar Airways this year- about once a month for the year.
Am wondering if I should keep my miles on Qatar or American or British Airways?
I saw that Qmiles expire every three years with no way of extending them while others will keep your account active with activity. Am not sure if I will get dates and seats and vacation to use up everything in three years.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:46 pm

Qatar miles or AA miles

Am planning to travel frequently from US to India and back on Qatar Airways this year- about once a month for the year.
I saw that Qmiles expire every three years with no way of extending them while others will keep your account active with activity. Am not sure if I will get dates and seats and vacation to use up everything in three years.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by bonnierowe
Do you hold status with either AA or BA? Which cabin do you plan on traveling the most in?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:21 pm

bonnierowe welcome to the QR forum.

Look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ec-gold-1.html especially the links in post 2.

By the way this thread is directly accessible from the dashboard widget 'Migrating to the Privilege Club'.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:23 am

I've already asked couple of questions here but hope one more is acceptable :-)

According to QR's website:

Moving up the membership tiers is convenient as Qpoints earned within any 12 month period are evaluated daily and members who achieve the required Qpoints threshold will be upgraded.

What is the first day of "any 12 months period". Do I understand correctly that it is the day when first qpoints appear on my PC account? In such case, as far as I understand, if I earn first qpoints in late May 2017, I'll have time until late May 2018 in order to collect total of 300 qpoints to become gold. Is that correct?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:09 am

tropikey if you earn your first Qpoints on say 28 th May 2017 then you have until 27 May 23.59 to earn, and have registered, the minimum of 300 Qpoints. It could also be 31 May2017 to 30 May 2018 etc. Should you reach 300 Qpoints before that date then you will become Gold from the day you reach 300 Qpoints. Before that happens then you will have reached Silver (150 Qpoints) but that only affects your renewal date and does not affect this calculation.

Note that I say "have registered" because you can also earn Qpoints with OW partner airlines. These points and miles can take some time to be registered so beware of relying on them veery close to your renewal date.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:18 am

Thank you very much for explanation :-)
28th of May is the exact date when I expect first qpoints to appear on my account
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Hi, it's me again :-D
Is this possible to collect qmiles on Cathay Dragon (ex Dragonair, KA)?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:26 am

tropikey indeed you can! If you look at the Mileage Calculator you will see a 'Partner airlines' button Click that and then Dragonair from the 'Partner Airline' list and you can see not only how many Qmiles and Qpoints you earn but also see what reward flights cost, in Qmiles!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Does QR interline luggage with Garuda or other LCC's ex-Jakarta?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Nekamah7 welcome to the QR forum.

If the flights are on the same reservation (PNR) as the QR flights then they probably will. If they are separate reservations then almost certainly not.

You also need to look closely at the baggage rules for the airlines since many LCCs charge for luggage. It all depends upon your itinerary.

Look at the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...allowance.html for more information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.