FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:07 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jgp777
Ive discussed a part of this on another topic but didnt get too many responses. Hoping to have a few suggestions:
I booked BKK-DOH-MAD on J on QR. Then I used my miles to upgrade BKK-DOH to F. Now, I would like to pay for an infant to be added. I know on QR F on the A380 there is no bassinet and I have to carry him on my lap, which is ok for me. Both QR Doha call center and the MAD city office tells me they cannot add an infant because the system is not giving them a fare for BKK-DOH by F and DOH-MAD by J. (They aren't able to get this fare for an adult as well, It is only giving them a J fare through to MAD because none of the flights on DOH-MAD operate with F class). They suggested to downgrade myself, which for me isnt really what Id like, given both me and my wife are upgraded.
Can anyone suggest me if there are any other options or if you have any other contacts in QR who could look at this particular case and help me. This seems to be a deadlock and Ive no idea what to do. I planned an anniversary trip for me and my wife and this is turning out to be a bummer if we have to be seated separetely.
I know nothing of the QR reward programme, but can you make a normal J booking for the infant and then use miles to upgrade him to F?