Search
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Airbus A350: seating Q&A

This thread is for all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, the worst, the noisiest, the quietest seats etc etc on board QR’s fleet of Airbus A350 aircraft.

The QR Source interactive seat map

Quick links to the full suite of QR seating Q&A threads:

Note: A320, A321, A330, and A340 threads will be launched in the near future

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 7, 2016 at 1:06 pm Reason: correction to business class image (36J)
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:16 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The Business Class Cabin

Business Class passengers will either turn left (Rows 1-6) or right (Rows 7-9) when you board.

It comprises 36 seats, spread across 9 rows. The configuration is 1-2-1. At the back of Row 6, is a communal bar area for Premium Class Passengers. The bar is more of a curved table, but a QR member of crew is usually stood there.

As the cabin is split into two sections, those seated in Rows 7-9 may feel slightly disconnected. However, Rows 7-9 can feel quite private, and as such should not be avoided.

All seats offer direct-aisle access, with no need to step across anybody. All seats are the same in terms of legroom and windows.

A Solo-Flyer
As a solo-flyer, the best seats are those by the windows (A and K). All of the A/K seats offer great views out of the large windows.

For those sat in Row 1, there may be some potential disturbance from the galley, in the form of light and noise. Additionally, there is one bathroom ahead, so there may be a little disturbance due to passenger traffic.

Row 6, as already stated, is at the back of the first Business Class section. As such, those seated in Row 6 will be the first off the plane once you have landed, but may obviously encounter some noise from the small bar area.

Rows 7-9, due to a small bulkhead, feel very private. Although Row 7 may incur some noise from the small bar area, and also from the two bathrooms ahead, it is ideal if you need to rush off the aircraft upon landing.

A Couple
When travelling as a couple, the best seats are in the middle (E and F). There is a divider between the seats, so they are also good for a solo-flyer.

As a couple, you may need to move your heads forward to talk to one-and-other from the comfort of your seat, but QR crew are able serve your meals so that you can eat at the same time.

Some FTers have indicated that they prefer sitting with one passenger behind the other, as the window seats do offer slightly more privacy due to their angle.

Above seats 1E/1F, on the bulkhead, is a large information screen. This stays on throughout the flight, offering a roaming map perspective. As such, this may become intrusive.

A small bar area is situated directly behind seats 6E/6F.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 4, 2016 at 11:17 am
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The Economy Class Cabin

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 4, 2016 at 6:50 am
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The Business Class Cabin

Business Class passengers will either turn left (Rows 1-6) or right (Rows 7-9) when you board.

It comprises 42 seats, spread across 9 rows. The configuration is 1-2-1. At the back of Row 6, is a communal bar area for Premium Class Passengers. The bar is more of a curved table, but a QR member of crew is usually stood there.
Despite the note on the QR screen shot, there appear to be only 36 seats in J. This is also consistent with the SeatGuru seating chart.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Gerbs
Despite the note on the QR screen shot, there appear to be only 36 seats in J. This is also consistent with the SeatGuru seating chart.
Thanks for the pointer.

I'll ask Prospero to amend his graphic!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:08 pm

Thanks for the information, particularly for couples.

How about the smaller 2nd Cabin?
Or is that worse due to meal options running out by the time they get back to you?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: A3,BA
All seats offer direct-aisle access, with no need to step across anybody. All seats are the same in terms of legroom and windows.
As usual for this design, bulkhead rows have wider cubbyholes allowing you to sleep on your side comfortably (especially if you are tall).
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
I've heard there's a few more inches of width on the J seats with the A350 vs the 787.
Anyone know if that is the case? Am flying JFK-DOH in a month and was wondering if it'll be spacious enough.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
I've heard there's a few more inches of width on the J seats with the A350 vs the 787.
Anyone know if that is the case? Am flying JFK-DOH in a month and was wondering if it'll be spacious enough.
I understand that there is a slight difference in seat width but it isn't very noticeable. Both seats are visually identical and IMO quite comfortable. As noted the bulkhead seats have a bit of extra foot space which I find helpful.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
I havent noticed a change in width between 787 and A350. What's good however is that the armrests can be retracted downwards, and you can have a very very wide seat!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Any comments on people's preference for a single flyer in J? Currently booked in 3A. I enjoy a window seat and the layout looks great. Just wondering if there are any preferred seats?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you are tall then the bulkheads have a slight better arrangement for sleeping (see post #2 above) otherwise any window seat is a good choice. I prefer 1K for no particular reason.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
If you are tall then the bulkheads have a slight better arrangement for sleeping (see post #2 above) otherwise any window seat is a good choice. I prefer 1K for no particular reason.
Thanks! I am short at 5'7" so I'll leave the bulkheads for those 6' and taller.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
As someone who is tall (6'3) and will be flying the A350 on QR in a few months, your post caught my eye. Can you expand upon what about 1k has a better arrangement for sleeping. Is it that the foothole/cubbyhole is wider?
Old May 2, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I just flew the 350 in J, DOH-BOS-DOH.

For those sat in Row 1, there may be some potential disturbance from the galley, in the form of light and noise. Additionally, there is one bathroom ahead, so there may be a little disturbance due to passenger traffic.
I did not notice anyone using the front bathroom. People seem to use only the bathrooms behind row 6.

... those seated in Row 6 ... may obviously encounter some noise from the small bar area.
I sat in 6A on the return (BOS-DOH) and noticed no noise.

Note also that in the J cabin, there is no overhead storage space for the E and F seats. There are overhead bins only over the A and K seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.