Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I just flew QATAR 350 DOH-PHL in Business. I was traveling alone so I took a side seat (1-2-1) on the side 8K, and it was great. This was the second Business cabin, and people tend to sit in the front cabin. The only thing is you are near Economy so if their service timing is different you might have some noise, but I never found that a problem. QT Business is great.

I have seen that LATAM 350 in DOH that is used to MAD by QR and that explains the odd color scheme.
noneemac likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: VS Gold and a few more.....
I've recently travelled MUC-DOH rtn on the Qatam A350's... I thought the seat was really comfortable and enjoyed both legs. The seat is wide, comfortable for a day flight and also spacious in bed mode. (I'm well over 6ft tall)

If if you are travelling as a couple it makes a big difference. For those travelling on their own, please note that if you pick a window seat, you will need to step over the aisle passenger if they have their seat in bed mode to access the aisle.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:39 pm

ciara2403 welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

The DOH-MUC-DOH and DOH-MAD-DOH routes are serviced by A350 leased from Latam. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ch-2017-a.html for details and seat plans etc.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Various media sources are reporting that QR just cancelled the delivery of 4 of their A350-900 due to "quality issues"
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'm sure others have mentioned this but might be worth updating the first post.

1A,1K have wider foot holes. The side bin by the seat is not operational l. 1A, 2K but you do have a tray in the curved panel straight ahead of you.

I've flow 1A and 3A - both night flights. The noise from the galley wasn't that bad in 1A especially once you have your headphones or earplugs. There was a bit of light escaping the curtain from the galley but fine once eye mask was on. But be honest 3A wasn't any better in this regard as the person in 3C didn't go to sleep so had their light on and TV screen on all the time. If I was to choose again I'd just go 1A/1K
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: WP
Flying JFK-DOH this coming Friday, will be first time on QR and A350, currently have selected 7A, but reading stories of lack of storage and perhaps service delays due to distance from the front galley, wondering if I should pick another seat.

I do have a 55 mins connection time in DOH, thus why I selected 7A, currently front J cabin has 2K and 6A available.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by island82
Flying JFK-DOH this coming Friday, will be first time on QR and A350, currently have selected 7A, but reading stories of lack of storage and perhaps service delays due to distance from the front galley, wondering if I should pick another seat.

I do have a 55 mins connection time in DOH, thus why I selected 7A, currently front J cabin has 2K and 6A available.

Thoughts?
For my personal preference, I would select the seats in this order: 2K 7A 6A.

Are there any other seats in the rear cabin available? I'd also take 8A or 8K over 6A. I've never had a problem with service in the rear J cabin.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
For my personal preference, I would select the seats in this order: 2K 7A 6A.

Are there any other seats in the rear cabin available? I'd also take 8A or 8K over 6A. I've never had a problem with service in the rear J cabin.
Thank you.

I would select 2K, but have concern on time it takes to disembark due to short connection time in DOH. Have selected 2K for the next flight though. 8A and 8K are taken, only seats left in the rear J are 9A, 9K and the center pairs which I'm not fond of.

I'll leave it for now and check the seats assignment again.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Master PtF (21, going on 51 when it comes to international travel) had his first QR A350 J flight (AMM DOH) this past Saturday evening. Yesterday, while he was in Doha, I asked him his opinion of the A350, in comparison to other QR aircraft he has flown in J; e.g. A380, 787, 777 etc.

Interestingly his preference is the same as mine - QR's A350 is our #1 choice (even over the A380, and its in-flight bar). My son even went so far as to say if he had known in advance that QR777 (DOH MIA) was temporarily changing from a 777 to an A350 for the month of September 2017 he would have delayed his own QR777 flight by a few days (he's actually in the air on that flight as I write this).

Mrs PtF and I have our own QR A350 J to look forward to again later this week (DOH-BRU); it really is an excellent aircraft, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by island82
Thank you.

I would select 2K, but have concern on time it takes to disembark due to short connection time in DOH. Have selected 2K for the next flight though. 8A and 8K are taken, only seats left in the rear J are 9A, 9K and the center pairs which I'm not fond of.

I'll leave it for now and check the seats assignment again.
I would also go for 2K. Row's 9 and 6 are not so great due to the proximity to the Economy cabin and lavatory respectively. In Row 1 (at least in 1A and 1K) the storage compartment at the side of the seat cannot be used.

Usually, you won't loose any time deplaning even if you're in 2K. If you have your bags ready upon landing you might very well be the first to leave the plane. I found that if you ask the crew and other guests nicely and let them know of your tight connection then they usually let you go first. So having a tighter connection wouldn't be a reason for me to go for a slightly inferior seat.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Usually, you won't loose any time deplaning even if you're in 2K
The time difference from 2K to any other seat will surely be measured in seconds rather than minutes. If you are unlucky and need a bus to the terminal it won't make any difference anyway and the ground staff will make every effort to get you to your next flight too.
noneemac likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
QR1137 MCT-DOH on 30/08 shows a A350-900 but seat map in J is 2-2-2... Error?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
QR1137 MCT-DOH on 30/08 shows a A350-900 but seat map in J is 2-2-2... Error?
No, you will be on a "QATAM" A350, one of the A350s Qatar Airways has leased from Latam. They have a 2-2-2 layout in J.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The time difference from 2K to any other seat will surely be measured in seconds rather than minutes. If you are unlucky and need a bus to the terminal it won't make any difference anyway and the ground staff will make every effort to get you to your next flight too.
Originally Posted by hotwingz
I would also go for 2K. Row's 9 and 6 are not so great due to the proximity to the Economy cabin and lavatory respectively. In Row 1 (at least in 1A and 1K) the storage compartment at the side of the seat cannot be used.

Usually, you won't loose any time deplaning even if you're in 2K. If you have your bags ready upon landing you might very well be the first to leave the plane. I found that if you ask the crew and other guests nicely and let them know of your tight connection then they usually let you go first. So having a tighter connection wouldn't be a reason for me to go for a slightly inferior seat.
Thanks guys!

Just checked the seats again today, and what do you know, more seats are suddenly available in the front J cabin! Now I have choices of 2K, 4A/K and 5A/K, where previously they were not available.

I believe 7A/K also does not have the side storage due to air vent location.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
My recommendation after about 20 A350 and Dreamliner legs is row 3 or 4 window seat. I think they are the nicest rows as they are furthest away from any noise like the galley or WC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.