Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
any 4 there can share the same partition sounds good to me
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: qr
First time on 350 non q suite ( was changed 24hrs before ) had seat 1 k . Would not take that again as there was a lot of noise disturbance from galley - night flight. Leakage of light through curtains to. Like the aircraft overall but think with. A full j class cabin crew have to work exceptionally hard with dine on demand request and I found that the service was slow at times. There were 6 staff working as well. The forward toilet was impossible to use as the crew had set up galley service and you had to dance around trolleys etc.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Travelling as 2AD and 2CH and only one of us needs an extra legroom Y seat on the A350-900. What is a good seat? 17 ABCD? Can I pre pay and confirm it now? MMB does not give any option to pick seats.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Travelling as 2AD and 2CH and only one of us needs an extra legroom Y seat on the A350-900. What is a good seat? 17 ABCD? Can I pre pay and confirm it now? MMB does not give any option to pick seats.
Lack of seat choosing options in normal times usually means that there is uncertainty on the airframe type or an airframe swap pending. Given the current situation though all bets are off. When are you due to fly?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by plunet
Lack of seat choosing options in normal times usually means that there is uncertainty on the airframe type or an airframe swap pending. Given the current situation though all bets are off. When are you due to fly?
Later on this year. Spoke with QR and they advised that since its booked through CX they can't offer paid seat options. This is only for QR ticketed fares.
plunet likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know there are certain seats that get served first on this aircraft since the cabin is divided into zones for business class service. Does anyone know which ones are the best for faster and more attentive service? I reserved 3A, but am worried I will be served last since they tend to do service like one FA does one corner of the cabin 1-3 and the other does 4-7 or something like that. Does anyone know?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know there are certain seats that get served first on this aircraft since the cabin is divided into zones for business class service. Does anyone know which ones are the best for faster and more attentive service? I reserved 3A, but am worried I will be served last since they tend to do service like one FA does one corner of the cabin 1-3 and the other does 4-7 or something like that. Does anyone know?
Personally, I always get a seat in the aft cabin if I can. During the pandemic, most pax like to select seats in front so I would often end up with a whole aft cabin by myself on emptier flights, and get more attentive service.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by realgaga
Personally, I always get a seat in the aft cabin if I can. During the pandemic, most pax like to select seats in front so I would often end up with a whole aft cabin by myself on emptier flights, and get more attentive service.
Agreed, but I am trying to understand the FA service pattern. I can see that as ending up as a forgotten pax experience with some crews
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA
Flying SIN - DOH. What's the best economy class seat? Currently in exit row 30C. Have pretty much the whole plane to choose from
Old Feb 19, 2023, 11:03 am

So QR have re-established some of their A350 now? Interesting.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
So QR have re-established some of their A350 now? Interesting.
Not all A350 were grounded. Not sure if any of those grounded A350 have been repaired and started flying though.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by billy.f
Not all A350 were grounded. Not sure if any of those grounded A350 have been repaired and started flying though.
Thanks for sharing. My impression where that all was grounded due to the legal dispute and that flying would have increased the scope of the lawsuit. Have not seen any A350 in DOH either at any gate.
But I should perhaps have re-phrases my selves.

Looks they have started flying https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anr
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Thanks for sharing. My impression where that all was grounded due to the legal dispute and that flying would have increased the scope of the lawsuit. Have not seen any A350 in DOH either at any gate.
But I should perhaps have re-phrases my selves.

Looks they have started flying https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anr
Was A7-ANR ever grounded? Back in August 2022, only 27 A350 with these registration numbers were grounded: https://www.airportspotting.com/which-qatar-airways-a350s-are-grounded/

The lawsuit happened because those planes with excessive paint peeling were deemed unsafe to fly, so those not affected by the issue (which tends to be newer planes) weren't grounded.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by theshaun
Flying SIN - DOH. What's the best economy class seat? Currently in exit row 30C. Have pretty much the whole plane to choose from
Any opinions?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by theshaun
Any opinions?
Would like to know too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.