Search
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Recently flew DOH-ATL in 1K. No side storage compartment, as noted in this thread. The pad is there but it doesn’t open like it does in other seats. This is a minor difference. A more significant difference to me, and the reason I wanted to try row 1, was that the footwell does not get narrower like it does in rows 2 through 6, meaning more foot space for side-sleepers and toss-and-turners. But the big drawback was that the curtain to the galley was rarely completely closed, and the crack was just enough to have a fairly bright light from the ceiling of the galley beaming down on me. So, I’ll pass on row 1 on future flights. YMMV.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Recently flew DOH-ATL in 1K. No side storage compartment, as noted in this thread. The pad is there but it doesn’t open like it does in other seats. This is a minor difference. A more significant difference to me, and the reason I wanted to try row 1, was that the footwell does not get narrower like it does in rows 2 through 6, meaning more foot space for side-sleepers and toss-and-turners. But the big drawback was that the curtain to the galley was rarely completely closed, and the crack was just enough to have a fairly bright light from the ceiling of the galley beaming down on me. So, I’ll pass on row 1 on future flights. YMMV.
My wife and kid are travelling (infant in lap) on ATL-DOH and beyond in 1K (but my son is not going to sleep in the bassinet). My concern is that the light from galley would be a problem.. do you think there are any other advantages to counter the light issue you faced? Reason I got first row is that he does not peek on other passengers and does not get scared (stranger anxiety).

The seats available at this point is any seat in 2nd cabin.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:46 pm

Hi everyone, I am flying with a companion from DOH to JFK on the A350-1000 in a couple of months.
I booked seats 11E and F in the small Qsuite cabin, however those seats are against the galley and close to the bathroom door, according to Seatguru.
Are those seats really near the bathroom? I'm not so bothered about the light and galley noises, but more about the bathroom smells and flush noises. I'm happy to switch to the forward cabin, but the small intimate cabin in the back does look quite appealing.
Appreciate any insights!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:55 pm

After changing into pj's, is there anywhere I can hang my trousers/jacket to avoid them being badly creased?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
If travelling in J then you can request a hanger from one of the FA's. They will then hang in a closet for you.
Leninist likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC
If travelling in a non-Qsuites A350 it might be worth reviewing this thread and considering what would happen if you couldn't get your stuff back from the closet. Granted that it probably was a very rare occurrence, but ever since that episode I have always preferred to keep stuff with me or in the overhead lockers, irrespective of the airline.
Leninist likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Does anyone know which door is used on the the A359 and 777? is it L1 or L2. Traveling SYD-BEY so this pertains to the DOH-BEY-DOH sectors. Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Leninist
After changing into pj's, is there anywhere I can hang my trousers/jacket to avoid them being badly creased?
Originally Posted by kl1987
If travelling in J then you can request a hanger from one of the FA's. They will then hang in a closet for you.
You can hang them yourself, too. In the 359, at the counter area between doors 2L and 2R, there are closets on either side of the forward counter. The doors to the closets face the lavatories on each side. You can usually find hangers in the closets.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:12 pm

Was wondering if anyone had flown in the last row business class (adjacent to the economy section) and had any complaints about noise / light from the next area behind?
Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by innesst
Was wondering if anyone had flown in the last row business class (adjacent to the economy section) and had any complaints about noise / light from the next area behind?
Thanks
I always choose bulkhead seats 7A and 7E for us on the non-Qsuite A350. It's not right at the back but it's in the smaller rear cabin and also had no problems with noise from Y cabin.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
Originally Posted by kl1987
I always choose bulkhead seats 7A and 7E for us on the non-Qsuite A350. It's not right at the back but it's in the smaller rear cabin and also had no problems with noise from Y cabin.
I prefer the front, main J cabin. People waiting for the lavatories in the open area at doors 2L and 2R are out of my line of sight when I'm ahead of that area, so I don't notice that they're there. In the rear cabin, they're easily visible; and I find it distracting.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:28 pm

Thanks
I find the sign for the lavatories at the first row of Y on the A350 to be very misleading. People do not seem to understand the arrow that points to the rear of the cabin. Instead they walk into the business class section or at least move the curtain to take a look.

This is particularly annoying when the lights are already on in the Y section for breakfast service and the J lights are still out to allow for a longer sleep.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You can hang them yourself, too. In the 359, at the counter area between doors 2L and 2R, there are closets on either side of the forward counter. The doors to the closets face the lavatories on each side. You can usually find hangers in the closets.
Personally, I would certainly prefer people did not do that - those closets are usually used for some of the passengers' jackets etc by the crew, and I personally prefer that individual passengers do not rummage in a closet with some other passengers' jackets and that only crew do it. As mentioned, crew would always be happy to give you a hanger and they will put your clothes in if you do not want to keep them with you.
Traveller999 and clubeurope like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Personally, I would certainly prefer people did not do that - those closets are usually used for some of the passengers' jackets etc by the crew, and I personally prefer that individual passengers do not rummage in a closet with some other passengers' jackets and that only crew do it. As mentioned, crew would always be happy to give you a hanger and they will put your clothes in if you do not want to keep them with you.
What you say makes sense; OTOH I have little interest in standing there holding my jeans and shirt waiting for a crew member to walk back and take them from me.
Leninist likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BA silver
4 of us travelling LHR- ADL early in 2020 when we have booked A350 Q suites on all sectors. By then ADE is planned to be a Q suite. Which four seat group should we take and why? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.