Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
747-400ge syd-scl

Hi all,
I'm just looking for some advice on SYD-SCL in Business Class.
The seatmap is completely full already (for 3 months in advance?) on the Lower Deck except for seat 4B, and on the Upper Deck except one seat: 16J.
I generally prefer Upper Deck on 747s but I also see that 5B (the single exit row seat) is available, as well as 5J.
Thoughts on 4B vs. 5B vs. 16J?
Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Take 5B in an instant ... however I know of no Qantas 744 configuration where both 4B and 5B exist on the same aircraft.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by serfty
Take 5B in an instant ... however I know of no Qantas 744 configuration where both 4B and 5B exist on the same aircraft.
Thanks for that!
I will switch from 16J, down to 5B.
Why do you prefer it so strongly?
It's weird that it's so heavily booked, unless the front of the nose (and, actually, the first 3 rows on PER-SYD the day before, are booked--)--does QF reserve the front seats for top tier frequent flyers?
I do have a BA Gold card but used my AA miles (no status) for this booking.

**And yes you're right--only 3A (not 4B) is available in the nose.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thanks for that!
Why do you prefer it so strongly?
It's weird that it's so heavily booked, unless the front of the nose (and, actually, the first 3 rows on PER-SYD the day before, are booked--)--does QF reserve the front seats for top tier frequent flyers?
I do have a BA Gold card but used my AA miles (no status) for this booking.

**And yes you're right--only 3A (not 4B) is available in the nose.
front rows are booked for qantas elites. these will open up at 80 hours before departure.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Why do you prefer it so strongly? ...
See here:
Originally Posted by serfty
J can be quite full with DFW flights.

For me 5B or 5J are best for the solo traveller, followed by 13A, 3E and 3F.

All these seats have significant personal 'side' storage.

For more, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...on-update.html

Here's a photo of 5B:

Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:36 am

Wow! That's amazing. I would prefer a window but a solo seat is even better. Thanks so much for the help.
Oh--my booking now says, "Exit Row Seat 5B Requested".
Ever have any issues with that? I guess they reserve the right to move you if you're not physically able to handle the Exit Row?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! That's amazing. I would prefer a window but a solo seat is even better. Thanks so much for the help.
Oh--my booking now says, "Exit Row Seat 5B Requested".
Ever have any issues with that? I guess they reserve the right to move you if you're not physically able to handle the Exit Row?
correct... I believe exits always show as 'request' but are in fact confirmed unless you don't meet requirements.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
A380 in J

I've been assigned 11A, but I am wondering whether row 12 would be better. The seats seem to have more legroom and more windows.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks, David
Old May 19, 2014, 10:11 pm

Flying Qantas for the first time this summer, for our honeymoon. Trying to read up on Flyer talk about the airline, one question I haven't run across yet.

I booked through a travel agency and the itinerary they sent me mentions needing to pay to reserve seats. Ok, got it. New to me, but the airfare was lower than the partner airlines.

I logged in to Qantas website with my confirmation number it shows specific seats on the reservation. Hmm. When I go to change them, it lets me, but the last thing when I save them it leaves the disclaimer that seats are not guaranteed.

So question is, since I have seat numbers, can I assume I somehow have seat assignments and don't have to worry about paying extra for them (and not guaranteed just is a blanket disclaimer), or are those seats only what we are requesting and not "guaranteed" until I pay to confirm them?

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by octalon7
...when I save them it leaves the disclaimer that seats are not guaranteed.
No airline guarantee's a specific seat. Why do you want to change what has been pre allocated for free? Do you have AA or another OW airline status?
Paying for seat selection is not unusual. With British Airways you pay for seat selection in business class unless you have status.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No airline guarantee's a specific seat. Why do you want to change what has been pre allocated for free? Do you have AA or another OW airline status?
Paying for seat selection is not unusual. With British Airways you pay for seat selection in business class unless you have status.
I don't want to change anything and I understand there is no guarantee.

The confusion is I have one document that tells me I have to pay extra for seat confirmation, but when I log in to the airline's website it shows specific seat allocations. Having not flown Qantas before I'm asking if I should consider those seats as confirmed or not, as I haven't paid a fee.

I do not have status on AA.
Old May 20, 2014, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by octalon7
I don't want to change anything and I understand there is no guarantee.

The confusion is I have one document that tells me I have to pay extra for seat confirmation, but when I log in to the airline's website it shows specific seat allocations. Having not flown Qantas before I'm asking if I should consider those seats as confirmed or not, as I haven't paid a fee.

I do not have status on AA.
maybe your agent has already pre-paid to ensure the two of you can sit together? (possibly they just print the 'you have to pay for seat selection' as standard on all Qantas tickets they issue)

If that is the case you should be able to swap seats. No seat is guaranteed, but if you can select them they should be ok.

If in doubt, or you want to double check, you could always call qantas and ask them what the story is. They will confirm if they have been pre-paid
Old May 20, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
maybe your agent has already pre-paid to ensure the two of you can sit together? (possibly they just print the 'you have to pay for seat selection' as standard on all Qantas tickets they issue)

If that is the case you should be able to swap seats. No seat is guaranteed, but if you can select them they should be ok.

If in doubt, or you want to double check, you could always call qantas and ask them what the story is. They will confirm if they have been pre-paid
Yeah, I will probably call them to confirm. I'm assuming I must have seat assignments as I figured they wouldn't assign any seat numbers if they were going to require you to pay to confirm them, but thought I would ask here just to check.

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Can anyone advise whether we should request points up-grade to J returning from Bangkok on QF23 ? Are the seats fully flat?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gezza48
Can anyone advise whether we should request points up-grade to J returning from Bangkok on QF23 ? Are the seats fully flat?
if you are flying on an A330 the seats will be angled lie flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.