Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:29 pm

Interesting. Seats are 2-4-2 layout in PE on my booking screen right now but will check back at that time, thanks for the tip.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:34 pm

Best Business Class Seat on 747-400 Longreach

What is the best business class seat on QF27 Sydney to Santiago
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Best J seat on A333?

Hi,
am guessing this question has been answered already but I have failed in my search. On QF 23/24 (Syd-BKK) in Febuary.

Am wondering if anyone can recommend a J seat for a single traveller?

Also, are the row 5 seats so bad due to noise from the gallies?

Thanks heaps.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by leonpr
Hi,
am guessing this question has been answered already but I have failed in my search. On QF 23/24 (Syd-BKK) in Febuary.

Am wondering if anyone can recommend a J seat for a single traveller?

Also, are the row 5 seats so bad due to noise from the gallies?

Thanks heaps.
I would take a center seat, no one climbing over you then.

Avoid row 4/5 if you can because of galley noise. Closer to the front the earlier you will be served (and it can take a long time to get served if you are towards the rear of a cabin on QF).
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would take a center seat, no one climbing over you then.

Avoid row 4/5 if you can because of galley noise. Closer to the front the earlier you will be served (and it can take a long time to get served if you are towards the rear of a cabin on QF).
Thanks heaps for that.
Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
New QF flyer--guidance needed

In early May, my wife and I are making our first trip on QF, flying #108 JFK-SYD (747), then return #93 MEL-LAX (A388) and #107 LAX-JFK (747). We are flying Premium Economy.

Any recommendations on seating, meals or anything else I should be aware of? Also, by that time USAirways will be part of OneWorld, and as US Chairman I think I'll become OW sapphire? What will that get us for lounge access (I have a USAirways Club card).

Any responses to this QF "virgin" will be much appreciated!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
In early May, my wife and I are making our first trip on QF, flying #108 JFK-SYD (747), then return #93 MEL-LAX (A388) and #107 LAX-JFK (747). We are flying Premium Economy.

Any recommendations on seating, meals or anything else I should be aware of? Also, by that time USAirways will be part of OneWorld, and as US Chairman I think I'll become OW sapphire? What will that get us for lounge access (I have a USAirways Club card).

Any responses to this QF "virgin" will be much appreciated!
If you can i would select a bulkhead seat.

recline on the premium economy seats is generous, and if you have someone reclining into you it is fairly tight.

with a bulkhead you can place your rolla-board on the ground (after takeoff) and have an almost horizontal leg rest. (the standard legrests are pretty useless, unless, IIRC, you are very short!)

bulkhead seats may be restricted for high status frequent flyers. Once USDM joins oneworld I would ring and have your frequent flyer number added to refresh your booking. That may increase seat options. Alternatively, jump on line 80 hours before departure and snap them up then if they haven't already been taken.

as for lounge access - sapphire status will get you access to business class lounges at all airports prior to departure and while in transit (there are no arrivals lounges offered by QF in Australia)
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:51 pm

Does anyone have personal experience flying J in the 744 GE (new Airbus seats in business) ?

Right now I have the last two seats on the top deck booked for my wife and I...row 16 J K. Seatguru says that the proximity to the galley and stairs may be bothersome. I don't know if that is a generic warning or not.

QF does a good job of blocking seats until they are booked by their agents! Grrr.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by evanaggie
Does anyone have personal experience flying J in the 744 GE (new Airbus seats in business) ?

Right now I have the last two seats on the top deck booked for my wife and I...row 16 J K. Seatguru says that the proximity to the galley and stairs may be bothersome. I don't know if that is a generic warning or not.

QF does a good job of blocking seats until they are booked by their agents! Grrr.
Seat guru has become worse than useless over the last couple of years, I'd be more concerned about heavy footed FAs walking along the cabin than noise from the galley. I wish someone would take over from where seat guru once was, they are just rubbish now.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Question A332 domestic exit rows

As a newly minted QF Club member (with the lofty status of QFF bronze!) I see to my surprise that I can select an exit row for free on an upcoming flight. I scrolled through this whole thread and couldn't find any reference to the A332 domestic config birds. How are the exit rows (row 44) on these?

Specifically:
- How obstructive is the escape slide moulding for the window seats
- Is the legroom in the aisle seats dramatically better than the regular seats, or not all that much?
- Where are the PTVs? If they're in the armrests, presumably they hog a bit of seat width?
(and on a related question, on PTV-equipped aircraft, does QF have gate-to-gate IFE on domestic?)
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There is a small level of obstruction on the 332. Certainly not as much as that on a 333 or a 744.

I'd take it ...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
There is a small level of obstruction on the 332. Certainly not as much as that on a 333 or a 744.

I'd take it ...
Good to know, thanks. So what about the PTV - am I right in thinking that it's housed in the armrest?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
SYD-MEL, seat for a view?

Hello everyone,

What's the better side of the plane to have a good view of Sydney on take-off. I'm on QF439, SYD-MEL.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
Hello everyone,

What's the better side of the plane to have a good view of Sydney on take-off. I'm on QF439, SYD-MEL.

Thanks!
Right side, IMHO - that way if you take off to the north you get the real money shot of bridge / CBD / harbour. If you take off to the south you're not going to see much anyway.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Good to know, thanks. So what about the PTV - am I right in thinking that it's housed in the armrest?
Can anyone confirm that for the A332 domestic exit row, the PTV is in the armrest? And does QF have gate-to-gate IFE on domestic flights or do they only activate it once in the air?

Last edited by mad_atta; Jan 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.