Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by magnitude
Yep makes sense. No harm in asking as you said. Worst thing they'd say is no

I'm curious about the possibility of one time only swap limitation. I wonder what that would accomplish. I would think that if they're ok with swapping, they'd pretty much be ok with no limitations, unless 1st class has on-demand food service, in which case the limitation would make sense to avoid duplicate service etc. In the end though, I'd be happy even with the limitation to accommodate such an unusual request. I'll just stay in 1st for 12 hours, then swap with my sister in the last 4
it is about privacy and ambiance for the other passengers. Unlike USA carriers, upgrades are very few and far between, so pax are paying big money (maybe up to 15K return) for the flight. QF and a number of other carriers try to protect those cabins.

Food service is on demand, and any requirements that the 'swapee' may have during the flight (drinks, feeling peckish, or anything else) will be supplied from the First class galley. Unlike some USA carriers, F catering is a significant increase in cost (champagnes may be in the hundreds of dollars retail, vs $30 they might serve on UA F for example, and the same applies to food)
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by magnitude
I checked both Qantas site and ExpertFlyer and they both show that only 5 seats are booked out of the 14 (including mine). But of course that could change in the next two weeks. I'm so looking forward to this flight. It's my 1st time on 1st, and for it to be on a long flight is major icing on the cake in terms of enjoying it to the max
Expect the F cabin to fill up considerably between now and your departure. QFFers can apply for points upgrades from Business to First and IME this is a relatively popular option. These upgrades are generally only confirmed in the last 24 hours before the flight. On a recent departure from LHR the F cabin went from a displayed load of 6 the day before to every seat full on departure.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by tallboy
Expect the F cabin to fill up considerably between now and your departure. QFFers can apply for points upgrades from Business to First and IME this is a relatively popular option. These upgrades are generally only confirmed in the last 24 hours before the flight. On a recent departure from LHR the F cabin went from a displayed load of 6 the day before to every seat full on departure.
Great info. I wasn't aware of this. I'm glad I picked a seat in the A column then, as they are, from what I've heard, more private than the F and K columns.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Econ Seating question

Have nailed 2 F awards via AA LAX-SYD on QF12. Happy (and amazed.) The return of course, is currently an AA Business award, with a voluntary (yeah) downgrade to Econ on the return QF A380 flight SYD-LAX. (Other sectors all in Business.) I have no real hopes of U or P opening for me in the next 10 months (May 2015 travel) so I have a question on Econ seats. I know 71D is great for leg room. But when traveling with a companion - I curious about the upper deck. All but the exit rows are open to me (without charge) as an One World Emerald, but I see they are 2-4-2 configurations versus 3-4-3 configurations on the lower level. I am pretty sure the seats are the same, so what takes up the space knocking it down to 2-4-2 up above? And is bulkhead better than the row behind for the upper deck? (I love the idea of no recline into your face, but is there any real legroom?) Any help would be appreciated! (Of course, h3ll may freeze over and QF will open U or P on my flight - but two seats? - not likely!) Thanks in advance - I'm sure this has been referenced in here a few times, but I didn't come across anything recent on my rather limited search.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Have nailed 2 F awards via AA LAX-SYD on QF12. Happy (and amazed.) The return of course, is currently an AA Business award, with a voluntary (yeah) downgrade to Econ on the return QF A380 flight SYD-LAX. (Other sectors all in Business.) I have no real hopes of U or P opening for me in the next 10 months (May 2015 travel) so I have a question on Econ seats. I know 71D is great for leg room. But when traveling with a companion - I curious about the upper deck. All but the exit rows are open to me (without charge) as an One World Emerald, but I see they are 2-4-2 configurations versus 3-4-3 configurations on the lower level. I am pretty sure the seats are the same, so what takes up the space knocking it down to 2-4-2 up above? And is bulkhead better than the row behind for the upper deck? (I love the idea of no recline into your face, but is there any real legroom?) Any help would be appreciated! (Of course, h3ll may freeze over and QF will open U or P on my flight - but two seats? - not likely!) Thanks in advance - I'm sure this has been referenced in here a few times, but I didn't come across anything recent on my rather limited search.
If you can't get 80A/K or 71D (think it's 71, anyway) then upstairs isn't bad on the window seat as you get the side storage buckets. I personally had the bulkhead aisle recently and while it was OK, I wouldn't have wanted it for a long flight. I'm 6' tall and it was OK but not great IMHO, I'd rather take the 2nd row upstairs so you stretch your legs a bit more.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by flashware
If you can't get 80A/K or 71D (think it's 71, anyway) then upstairs isn't bad on the window seat as you get the side storage buckets. I personally had the bulkhead aisle recently and while it was OK, I wouldn't have wanted it for a long flight. I'm 6' tall and it was OK but not great IMHO, I'd rather take the 2nd row upstairs so you stretch your legs a bit more.
Some QF bulkhead seats have a lot of legroom. Sound like the A380 upper is not one of them! Thanks!!!

Any ideas why the 2-4-2 versus 3-4-3 configuration? And at this time 71D, and 80A/K are all open. Sorta wanted to sit together, but the 80 open may be better than upper deck....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:56 pm

Some QF bulkhead seats have a lot of legroom. Sound like the A380 upper is not one of them! Thanks!!!

Any ideas why the 2-4-2 versus 3-4-3 configuration? And at this time 71D, and 80A/K are all open. Sorta wanted to sit together, but the 80 open may be better than upper deck....
Ah, sorry - missed that there was 2 of you. 80A/K will give the best legroom, but the 2 seats on the side on the upper deck mean neither of you have to share arm rests..... personally that's probably what I'd go for if wanting to sit together. Last time I travelled economy with my wife we happily took 80A and 80K and sat on opposite sides of the plane for the legroom ^
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Any ideas why the 2-4-2 versus 3-4-3 configuration?
Because the fuselage is narrower on the upper deck so you can't get more than 8 across, where as on the lower deck the fuselage is much wider, thus accommodating 10 abreast.

Your conundrum is a familiar one. Grab one of the better seats downstairs but risk having some random sat next to one of you, or sit as a pair upstairs in a more private, quiet cabin but without the extra legroom of the seats that have been mentioned (which only one of you would benefit from anyway). If I was alone I'd go downstairs, but with a partner I'd go upstairs.

One consideration for such a long flight in favour of taking the bulkhead is that you avoid the scenario in the first photo in this article. I'd say save your knees and when you want to really stretch your legs you can get up for a walk!

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/t...203-2aq0p.html
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Because the fuselage is narrower on the upper deck so you can't get more than 8 across, where as on the lower deck the fuselage is much wider, thus accommodating 10 abreast.

Your conundrum is a familiar one. Grab one of the better seats downstairs but risk having some random sat next to one of you, or sit as a pair upstairs in a more private, quiet cabin but without the extra legroom of the seats that have been mentioned (which only one of you would benefit from anyway). If I was alone I'd go downstairs, but with a partner I'd go upstairs.

One consideration for such a long flight in favour of taking the bulkhead is that you avoid the scenario in the first photo in this article. I'd say save your knees and when you want to really stretch your legs you can get up for a walk!

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/t...203-2aq0p.html
Okay - thanks for that!!

80 A/K might be it. I know there is no seat forward of those due to the exit/slide - but can you reasonably exit from the side and using the exit space of the row in front of row to get out? 71D is great for both legs and exit - the 80 seat always made me nervous about egress....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:51 pm

Okay - thanks for that!!

80 A/K might be it. I know there is no seat forward of those due to the exit/slide - but can you reasonably exit from the side and using the exit space of the row in front of row to get out? 71D is great for both legs and exit - the 80 seat always made me nervous about egress....
You can indeed - very easy. 80A/K is my preferred seat if flying whY on QF.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
You can indeed - very easy. 80A/K is my preferred seat if flying whY on QF.
Seats changed. Thanks!

Now hope against hope for inventory to open up front....
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:38 am

Seats changed. Thanks!

Now hope against hope for inventory to open up front....
Well, I got a seat on QF15 BNE-LAX. Only 1 seat. What you be the best seats on the 744 for the remaining person in Econ? I don't see anything line 71D or 80A/K in the A380....

Thanks again!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:48 pm

I'm flying LAX-BNE QF16 alone in a couple of weeks. I have snagged 5J for now. It looks like it's going to be a fairly empty flight -- 29/58 seats are taken so far. If that's the case, what are people's thoughts on 5J vs a window seat next to an empty aisle seat? From the pictures (I've never flown QF before) there doesn't seem to be so much as an armrest to provide privacy to the aisle seat while sleeping and I think I'd feel a bit exposed. But the reviews rave about 5 B/J, so maybe I'm missing something.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I'm flying LAX-BNE QF16 alone in a couple of weeks. I have snagged 5J for now. It looks like it's going to be a fairly empty flight -- 29/58 seats are taken so far. If that's the case, what are people's thoughts on 5J vs a window seat next to an empty aisle seat? From the pictures (I've never flown QF before) there doesn't seem to be so much as an armrest to provide privacy to the aisle seat while sleeping and I think I'd feel a bit exposed. But the reviews rave about 5 B/J, so maybe I'm missing something.
Seat maps aren't necessarily an indicator of what the flight will end up as. Qantas processes points upgrades anywhere from a few days to a few hours before departure... and any one of those upgrades may request an aisle seat.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
QF12 - A388-economy

On SeatExpert is mentioned for seat 70E:
Wider then the average seat in this cabin
Can anyone confirm this or comment please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.