Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Due to my daughter being subpoenaed for a criminal she arrested, we had to move our entire trip up a month. ugh; prefer the weather but alot of work to change all our tours; get all my miles redeposited and taxes refunded (accomplished). And since there weren't decent awards, we purchased our tix. Now on QF12 LAX-SYD and QF93 MEL-LAS.

A couple of questions:

1. On the 747 QF12. Is there or isn't there a power outlet in Economy?

2. I read some not so good reviews on those last few rows twofers, which I had selected (people always there in line for the toilets leaning on your seat). So I moved us forward putting an empty seat between us since there were many many of these empty rows towards the back. (AA would block the middle seats for explats) Then I started thinking, maybe the flight isn't as empty as I think, because is it not true that Qantas doesn't allow non status people to chose their seats and just assigns them seat the day or so before.
I'm flying this Saturday. EP shows the back pretty empty and with many blocked seats forward in each economy section. What do you think my odds are that someone will be assigned to sit in a middle seat between my daughter and I?

QF 93 we won't be flying until Mid March. I pretty much did the same thing selected a window/aisle pretty far back. (My daughter likes windows but not over the wings. ugh). flight looks pretty empty, I originally had the upstairs booked but lost that when we changed dates. QF looks like they are blocking most of the middle section. Can I ask when I'm in one of their airports about opening up two of those seats for us. Or should I ask if they'd block the seat between my daughter and I.

I only know how AA handles things like this. They basically will but no promises if the flight sells out. So don't come down hard on me for asking.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by trekker954
Due to my daughter being subpoenaed for a criminal she arrested, we had to move our entire trip up a month. ugh; prefer the weather but alot of work to change all our tours; get all my miles redeposited and taxes refunded (accomplished). And since there weren't decent awards, we purchased our tix. Now on QF12 LAX-SYD and QF93 MEL-LAS.

A couple of questions:

1. On the 747 QF12. Is there or isn't there a power outlet in Economy?

2. I read some not so good reviews on those last few rows twofers, which I had selected (people always there in line for the toilets leaning on your seat). So I moved us forward putting an empty seat between us since there were many many of these empty rows towards the back. (AA would block the middle seats for explats) Then I started thinking, maybe the flight isn't as empty as I think, because is it not true that Qantas doesn't allow non status people to chose their seats and just assigns them seat the day or so before.
I'm flying this Saturday. EP shows the back pretty empty and with many blocked seats forward in each economy section. What do you think my odds are that someone will be assigned to sit in a middle seat between my daughter and I?

QF 93 we won't be flying until Mid March. I pretty much did the same thing selected a window/aisle pretty far back. (My daughter likes windows but not over the wings. ugh). flight looks pretty empty, I originally had the upstairs booked but lost that when we changed dates. QF looks like they are blocking most of the middle section. Can I ask when I'm in one of their airports about opening up two of those seats for us. Or should I ask if they'd block the seat between my daughter and I.

I only know how AA handles things like this. They basically will but no promises if the flight sells out. So don't come down hard on me for asking.
seat maps on the Qantas site aren't indicative of passenger loading because as you say, with many passengers facing a hefty fee for seat selection, they don't bother until it becomes free at the on-line check-in stage.

The blocked seats you can see are most being reserved for passengers with elite status. There are whole rows reserved for Qantas platinum, gold and silver members. But these should also be available to oneworld elites if you have status. You might need to call QF if you are eligible for those.

Spare seat in the middle? It depends on the loading on the day you fly, and even then, you could still get moved. If you are on the same booking, Qantas may see what you are up to and move you anyway. This happened to a family member of mine, travelling with a friend. At check-in the agent said 'you're flying together, we've moved you to adjacent seats to give someone else the opportunity to have the aisle seat'.

On-line check-in opens 24 hours before departure. I'd be checking the seat map then for a better idea of what the flight looks like, and also to snag a better seat (that's the time when the large blocks of seats reserved for higher status members get released to general passengers.)

you might also like to check at 80 hours prior to departure as sometimes those blocks of seats are released at that time as well (although I'm not sure if that only applies to domestic flights?)

The pairs of seats right down the back are generally a pretty good selection.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:53 am

Hi, Im a first time flyer on qantas and was wondering if anyone could tell me the recommended seats for qf16 lax-bne on feb 10, 2015. also maybe see how full or not the 3? cabins are. Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
seat maps on the Qantas site aren't indicative of passenger loading because as you say, with many passengers facing a hefty fee for seat selection, they don't bother until it becomes free at the on-line check-in stage.

The blocked seats you can see are most being reserved for passengers with elite status. There are whole rows reserved for Qantas platinum, gold and silver members. But these should also be available to oneworld elites if you have status. You might need to call QF if you are eligible for those.

Spare seat in the middle? It depends on the loading on the day you fly, and even then, you could still get moved. If you are on the same booking, Qantas may see what you are up to and move you anyway. This happened to a family member of mine, travelling with a friend. At check-in the agent said 'you're flying together, we've moved you to adjacent seats to give someone else the opportunity to have the aisle seat'.

On-line check-in opens 24 hours before departure. I'd be checking the seat map then for a better idea of what the flight looks like, and also to snag a better seat (that's the time when the large blocks of seats reserved for higher status members get released to general passengers.)

you might also like to check at 80 hours prior to departure as sometimes those blocks of seats are released at that time as well (although I'm not sure if that only applies to domestic flights?)

The pairs of seats right down the back are generally a pretty good selection.
Thanks for the insight. personally, my daughter insists on a window, doesn't like bulkhead (she needs access to her under seat bag) and she can "hold it in" for hours. I on the other hand prefer aisle as I get up often. They shouldn't penalize two persons who pay for and/or have the status to sit where they want on a plane. Even on our MIA-LAX we are in different rows completely b/c I have no intention of flying in a middle seat. For long hauls I do like windows also to lean up again and sleep but I can't have it all.
Does QF has a special number for OW Emerald? It sounds like a phone call to them may be worth making.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by iluvcf
Hi, Im a first time flyer on qantas and was wondering if anyone could tell me the recommended seats for qf16 lax-bne on feb 10, 2015. also maybe see how full or not the 3? cabins are. Thanks
seatguru will answer your question as to recommended seats

expert flyer will answer your question to see how full the cabins are on your particular flight.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trekker954
Does QF has a special number for OW Emerald? It sounds like a phone call to them may be worth making.
Qantas determines priority for calls automatically based on your FF number which you are asked to enter at the beginning of the call. There is no ability to enter anything but a QF number.

While I would agree passengers with status should be able to select the seats they want, and not be moved, I would equally argue that a spare seat block is not an entitlement of status.

So one of three things could happen. If the flight is empty, you might score a spare seat. Or you could either have someone sitting in the middle of you, or be moved so that both passengers are sitting together, freeing up a 'premium' aisle or middle seat for someone else.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by iluvcf
What booking class? Business, Premium Econ. or Economy?

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing LAX on 10/02/15 12:00 AM for BNE, Flying QF

Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     
0 Connections
QF 16         0      LAX                BNE                744       Unavailable     J9 
                     10/02/15 11:50 PM  12/02/15 7:55 AM             77% / 28m
Available Classes
C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 T0 Y9 B4 H1 K0 M0 L0 G0 E0
Looks busy in economy and plenty of seating in business.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:46 am

Thanks for helping me out serfty. Flying discounted economy so it doesn't look good for me. Maybe my mileage plan status will help
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Qantas determines priority for calls automatically based on your FF number which you are asked to enter at the beginning of the call. There is no ability to enter anything but a QF number.

While I would agree passengers with status should be able to select the seats they want, and not be moved, I would equally argue that a spare seat block is not an entitlement of status.

So one of three things could happen. If the flight is empty, you might score a spare seat. Or you could either have someone sitting in the middle of you, or be moved so that both passengers are sitting together, freeing up a 'premium' aisle or middle seat for someone else.
I'm fine with someone sitting between us if that is what is to happen,.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Any thoughts on the legroom for row 43 (the 2 row mini cabin) vs row 46 on the refurbished 3-class B747-400?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
A388 Y Seat Selection

I've got a MEL-LHR coming up and selected 66G. Return LHR-SYD have chosen 36F. No upper deck seats left (apart from AUD$180 exit row 35) on the outbound. Would you recommend staying in 66G if an upper deck seat becomes available - and vice versa row 66 is totally open on the inbound leg. I'm average height so legroom isn't an issue in normal seats.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
66G is a pretty good seat - I'd stay there.

(Hopefully the crew don't make much noise using the stairs down to their rest area behind the bulkhead immediately in front.)
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
66G is a pretty good seat - I'd stay there.

(Hopefully the crew don't make much noise using the stairs down to their rest area behind the bulkhead immediately in front.)
Thanks. I think I'll switch to 66G for both in that case. Don't want both 36D/E climbing over me for 24 hours.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Flying QF 15 in August from Brisbane to LAX - I am in business class and right now the upper deck is booked. Can anyone tell me about the lower level business specifically what the middle row in row 3 is like? I prefer an aisle but also like the idea of not having anyone jump over me if possible. Also, what about the single seat in row 5. Any drawbacks here?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Flying QF 15 in August from Brisbane to LAX - I am in business class and right now the upper deck is booked. Can anyone tell me about the lower level business specifically what the middle row in row 3 is like? I prefer an aisle but also like the idea of not having anyone jump over me if possible. Also, what about the single seat in row 5. Any drawbacks here?
the single seats in row 5 are the ones to go for! Slightly more 'private' (being a solo-seat) and with storage space right along side.

My preference is always for the lower deck... nose section first. I can't see too many advantages of the upper deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.