Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:27 pm

I can say with confidence that 5B on a new config 747 is AMAZING. Great to have nobody beside you and nothing in front, the storage is great and the sleep I had was perfect.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
So QANTAS now charges OW emeralds the $180 "extra leg room fee" in Y for the row 43 bulkhead seats on the reconfigured 747s according to the seating plan. Are they really that much better? Im only 5"10 so maybe i'll just tough it out further back. It makes you realise how generous AA is to other OW emeralds with their MCE, or perhaps how parsimonious QANTAS is....

Last edited by mmoorrggaann; Dec 4, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Status changed - can I ask for blocked seats?

I booked well in advance as a one world sapphire. I just got my Emerald status back. I'm award booked in upper deck economy seats 36 J &K. I see there are a few better seats "blocked". Can I ask AA to request them for me. And/or am I able to now request premium economy?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:34 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trekker954
I booked well in advance as a one world sapphire. I just got my Emerald status back. I'm award booked in upper deck economy seats 36 J &K. I see there are a few better seats "blocked". Can I ask AA to request them for me. And/or am I able to now request premium economy?
Just log into MMB with your QF PNR and you should be able to select blocked Y seats yourself.

Last edited by m0hamed; Dec 8, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by trekker954
No - you will not be seated in the premium economy cabin.
On QF, PE is a seperate class by itself. Either you pay for PE fare or book the award into the corresponding PE award class. You have to check with your FF program whether you can rebook as a PE award and cough up the miles accordingly.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
All, I will be flying on a QF747 BNE-LAX in business class with a companion. All seats in business are open. I've read that 3EF, row 1 and row 14 on the upper deck. I am leaning towards row 14, any recommendations? Is the forward-view in row 1 worthy to consider that row? Also, any cons of being in the upper deck. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Have 2 intra-Australia Y flights coming up. I'm OW Sapphire.

1. Am I entitled to extra legroom seat (ELS)?
2. Agent says (some?) ELS are withheld "by the airport" and not selectable in advance. Is that normal?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
747-400 Best Premium Economy

Sorry if this a repeat question, the search function didn't find any recent information.

My wife and I are travelling from BNE-LAX on a Alaska Airlines award ticket. We are booked on the 747-400 with the new PE configuration. Currently the only open seats along the windows are 36 J/K by the bulkhead or 37 A/B.

I am leaning towards 36 J/K due to no one reclining into us, but am concerned about the legroom. I am 6'2"/188cm. Anyone have any experience with those seats or recommendations? Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
Sorry if this a repeat question, the search function didn't find any recent information.

My wife and I are travelling from BNE-LAX on a Alaska Airlines award ticket. We are booked on the 747-400 with the new PE configuration. Currently the only open seats along the windows are 36 J/K by the bulkhead or 37 A/B.

I am leaning towards 36 J/K due to no one reclining into us, but am concerned about the legroom. I am 6'2"/188cm. Anyone have any experience with those seats or recommendations? Thanks!
Take the bulkhead!

Any other row is severely restricted when the person in front reclines.

A good tip is to tbring a suitable cabin bag (rolla-board) that you can use as a footrest (after take-off). This will give you a good platform to raise your legs horizontally and get a good sleep.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nickp7286
All, I will be flying on a QF747 BNE-LAX in business class with a companion. All seats in business are open. I've read that 3EF, row 1 and row 14 on the upper deck. I am leaning towards row 14, any recommendations? Is the forward-view in row 1 worthy to consider that row? Also, any cons of being in the upper deck. Thanks in advance!
up to your individual preferences!

Row 1 is going to be somewhat private, with virtually no foot traffic. You'll also be able to 'see forward' which is something pretty cool.

Upper deck? Some people like it. But it is a narrow cabin with a flexible floor.

In order I personally would take row 1, 2 (lots of space), 3 and then 14.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Take the bulkhead!

Any other row is severely restricted when the person in front reclines.

A good tip is to tbring a suitable cabin bag (rolla-board) that you can use as a footrest (after take-off). This will give you a good platform to raise your legs horizontally and get a good sleep.
Thank you, bulkhead is reserved.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyone?

Originally Posted by italdesign
Have 2 intra-Australia Y flights coming up. I'm OW Sapphire.

1. Am I entitled to extra legroom seat (ELS)?
2. Agent says (some?) ELS are withheld "by the airport" and not selectable in advance. Is that normal?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
Anyone?
With Australian domestic, seats are restricted in blocks according to FF status. As a OWS you'll probably find a good chunk of seats towards the front of the cabin are not available for selection in advance.

Not that most of those seats have 'extra legroom' in any event. Extra leg-room is only found in the very front row (depending on aircraft type) and at the exits.

If you can't select the seat you want in advance, it's either been taken, or it's restricted. The very first row is generally held for OWE and (invitation only) Chairman's Lounge card holders.

At 80 hours prior to departure, more seats open up for selection, and again at 24 hours prior when check-in opens. So I'd check back at those times.

Exit rows are not free of charge on trans-continental services.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: AA-PLAT, Hilton-Gold, Marriott-PLT
I will be flying out from SYD-DFW. Called QANTAS and they said they will charge OW emeralds the $180 "extra leg room fee" in Y for the exit rows according to the seating plan. Are they really that much better? Is this standard for Qantas.

So I have 32 G on the upper deck(bulkhead). I am worried about reduced legspace on this. Any ideas how restricted is this compared to a regular economy seat. I am 5'9''if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mohanlal2000
I will be flying out from SYD-DFW. Called QANTAS and they said they will charge OW emeralds the $180 "extra leg room fee" in Y for the exit rows according to the seating plan. Are they really that much better? Is this standard for Qantas.

So I have 32 G on the upper deck(bulkhead). I am worried about reduced legspace on this. Any ideas how restricted is this compared to a regular economy seat. I am 5'9''if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Qantas charges for exit rows, with only very limited exceptions for their own ultra top tier members.

At 6'3 I'd take a bulkhead over a regular seat. So at your height you should be fine. While you won't be able to stretch your legs out under the seat in front, you will majorly benefit from not having anyone recline into you. QF seating is industry standard, but that's fairly tight these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.