Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If you like windows then take some K (2K/3K) seats, if not then some F seats (2F/3) otherwise across the aisle (2F/2K) - they are private see these photos from Sam Chui:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qanta...842/1703133/M/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qanta...842/1697628/M/
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
I found 1K suffered from proximity to the toilets (a matter of traffic, not toilet noise etc) and also being next to the cupboard where they stow the bedding. FAs are accessing this cupboard pretty regularly in the first and last 1/3 of the trip. You also get a flash of light when the curtains are opened to the toilet/stairs area.

1A would be similar, but there would be less traffic, as only the 'A' column uses this aisle. Some regular F travellers are fans of 1A.

My preferred seat is 2A, 3A or 4A but any seat in F is quite OK!
Thank you for mentioning the reasons why 1A/K may not be suitable for passengers. On plus side, due to the regular presence of the FAs nearby, it may be easier to get their attention.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
Thank you for mentioning the reasons why 1A/K may not be suitable for passengers. On plus side, due to the regular presence of the FAs nearby, it may be easier to get their attention.
You won't need to worry about getting the FA's attention, from my boss' experience they will appear when you need them as if they magically know. The service is, as you would probably expect in F, exceptional.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:14 am

I've just requested 24b on QF9 this Wednesday. A couple of questions:

1) While there's information on charges for exit rows on the QF site, there was no specific mention when requesting it that there would be charges or point costs. Will I be charged at checkin?

2) I'm travelling on my own, it looks like there are two empty rows of PE. Does the loading look like PE will remain sparse? Is the extra legroom worth more than an empty seat next to me?

3) I have a points upgrade in for J. Anyone have a sense of the loading up front?

I'm currently Gold (w/LTS) and will make Platinum on this return journey.

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Seat Map Search: Departing MEL on 24/07/13 for LHR Flying QF flight 9

A   B       D   E   F       J   K   
24  U   E   -   -       X   X   X       X   -   E   U   
25  U       -   +       X   X   X       +   -       U   
26  U       -   -       +   +   +       -   -       U   
27  U       -   -       +   +   +       +   -       U   
28  U       -   X       +   +   +       -   -       U   
            A   B       D   E   F       J   K   

Seats: Exit (E), Available (+), Occupied  (-), Blocked (X)
1 - no charge for exit seats in PE (or J for that matter).

2 - Don't bank on the seats remaining free, there is a change they will (given the loadings) , but never assume, only hope.

3. Extremely lightly loaded to LHR (I would not worry about PE, I'd start looking at the J seat map. ):

Code:
Flight Availability Search: Departing MEL on 24/07/13 12:00 AM for LHR, Flying QF  
                                             Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     

QF 9          1      MEL                LHR                388       Unavailable    

Available Classes: 

F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0 X9 E0
Code:
Seat Map Search: Departing MEL on 24/07/13 for LHR Flying QF flight 9

A   B       E   F       J   K   
11  U       X   -       -   X       -   -       U   
12  U       -   -       H   +       X   -       U   
13  U       -   -       +   -       -   -       U   
15  U   W   +   -                   X   X   W   U   
16  U   W   +   +       H   +       +   -   W   U   
17  U   W   +   +       H   +       +   +   W   U   
18  U   W   -   +       H   +       -   -   W   U   
19  U   W   -   -       H   -       -   -   W   U   
20  U   W   -   -       H   +       +   +   W   U   
21  U   W   +   +       H   -       +   +   W   U   
22  U   W   +   +       +   +       +   +   W   U   
            A   B       E   F       J   K

Last edited by serfty; Jul 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:09 pm

Thanks serfty...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by serfty
[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

3. Extremely lightly loaded to LHR (I would not worry about PE, I'd start looking at the J seat map. ):
Looks like you were right! The booking now has J confirmed with PE cancelled. Points still aren't gone, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out soon enough.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Looking at SYD-SIN on a 747-400 in Business.
Any preference where to sit? i.e downstairs in the nose area, the cabin beind, upstairs?

Also, on the seat maps, there are thee squares made up of a blank and filled black triangle. What are they as the index doesn't mention them? Crew jumpseats I assume due the exits?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by xenole
Also, on the seat maps, there are thee squares made up of a blank and filled black triangle. What are they as the index doesn't mention them? Crew jumpseats I assume due the exits?
A square that's half black and half white, in triangular shapes (almost looking like a mini QF logo)? That is indeed a crew seat.

Older QF PDF seat maps used to note this on the legend. Another benefit "enhanced" away!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: QANTAS ff, Velocity
Just wanted to post some pics from a recent trip to the US. I flew over on a 747 (sorry - not sure what model but the first row of 2 seats started at 69). I sat in 70 K and LOVED the space between the wall and the seat! It was too far away to lean on the window but I slept bent over like a pretzel and that kind of worked for me. When the person in front of me reclined there was literally no leg room. The only way I felt I had some breathing space was to completely recline my seat too. I'm quite small (1.67m and 65 kg) so it's not the MOST comfortable position to be in for such a long flight but having said that it's economy and that's part of the deal.
Space between the wall and 70K

and again

Seats 70J/K

Coming home I was on the a380 and sat in seat 80 A. The good news was my row was empty! The bad news was that as there is no seat in front of 80A, the tray table/tv were in the arm rest making it unmovable. I also discovered the other arm rests don't lift up all the way which I thought was strange.
Leg room in 80 A

Leg room again

Seats 80 B/C (sometimes this pic is straight and sometimes its sideways. not sure why)

Both planes had the self serve snack bar which had savoury items from SYD to LA (flavoured crackers and one other snack) and sweet snacks from LA to SYD (choc chip/passionfruit biscuits which were delicious! and flavoured almonds) as well as cans of coke/diet coke/lemonade/ginger beer and cups for the water fountain.

Last edited by sydneygirl87; Aug 18, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneygirl87
... If anyone can help me with how to attach photos that would be great as I specifically took some pics to post here!
Try here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-reports.html
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Question A330 International Y seat choice

Hi all,

I'm flying return SYD-SIN in Y on the A330 between Xmas and NYE and currently have seat 23B. Is the bulkhead a bonus, or does it actually restrict legroom? Row 24 is available, including aisle seats in the middle group of 4. Any recommendations welcome.

Also, any idea of what the loads will be like and potential upgrades due to oversold Y given the timing of the flight?

Cheers,
PC
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Domestic B737s (CNS-BNE-SYD)
How good or bad are the exit rows?
Seatguru mentions is could be cold etc and there's also a row 13.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:12 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by xenole
Domestic B737s (CNS-BNE-SYD)
How good or bad are the exit rows?
Seatguru mentions is could be cold etc and there's also a row 13.
I will always take the exit row if I cannot get row 4. Yes, the window seats can be a little cool, but its never bothered me on a short sector. I normally aim for aisle seats, but has 13A and 13F last week for BNE-MEL-BNE and did not find the temp to be a problem.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:22 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by NM
I will always take the exit row if I cannot get row 4. Yes, the window seats can be a little cool, but its never bothered me on a short sector. I normally aim for aisle seats, but has 13A and 13F last week for BNE-MEL-BNE and did not find the temp to be a problem.
My strategy from now on after 2 hrs of misery in 6C in the 73H yesterday. Worst seat pitch I have encountered - anywhere. My knees were jammed against the seat infront. Thankfully, nobody reclined. I don't know if it was just the particular aircraft ( a new interior model ) or me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.