Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Right side, IMHO - that way if you take off to the north you get the real money shot of bridge / CBD / harbour. If you take off to the south you're not going to see much anyway.
Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Right side, IMHO - that way if you take off to the north you get the real money shot of bridge / CBD / harbour. If you take off to the south you're not going to see much anyway.
IME (Over 500 movements in/out of SYD, mainly to/from MEL) it is rare that any reasonable view of the Sydney CBD can be had on take off.

Most take offs are to the south so none of the CBD is viewable except from a distance. The same goes for the (rare) takeoff to the West.

If taking off to the north on 'R' then the aircraft generally turns right well before any city view - left hand side might get a quick glimpse.

If to the East, then left hand side can give a view of the CBD.

If to the North on "L" then a view may be briefly had from the right hand side.

Most likely best views are from the Left Hand (A seat) side on landing as many flights pass just to the West of Sydney as they head South on final approach.
Can anyone confirm that for the A332 domestic exit row, the PTV is in the armrest? And does QF have gate-to-gate IFE on domestic flights or do they only activate it once in the air?
PTV is definitively in the Armrest on the exit row seats.

As for domestic flights it is rare that anything is available to watch on takeoff.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 4, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by serfty
Most likely best views are from the Right Hand side on landing as many flight pass just to the West of Sydney on final approach.
Do you mean the left hand (A) side, on aircraft landing from the north (onto the 16s)?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do you mean the left hand (A) side, on aircraft landing from the north (onto the 16s)?
Yep - thanks for picking that up.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
IME (Over 500 movements in/out of SYD, mainly to/from MEL) it is rare that any reasonable view of the Sydney CBD can be had on take off.

Most take offs are to the south so none of the CBD is viewable except from a distance. The same goes for the (rare) takeoff to the West.

If taking off to the north on 'R' then the aircraft generally turns right well before any city view - left hand side might get a quick glimpse.
Sorry, Serfty is absolutely right. It had been a while in my case. Definitely A side seats for landing, but for takeoff A can work pretty well too, in the event of a take off to the north. I got great views of the CBD and entire harbour on our SYD-MEL flight a few days ago, which took off northbound on the right runway.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
QF6 operating as a 744 that gives F seat access to J tickets (MK I).

So do you take 4A (F seat, with bassinet next to you, but main deck) or 11A (J bulkhead, upstairs, quiet, private?)

It's the overnight so hoping for max sleep/no meals
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by YYCOllie

So do you take 4A (F seat, with bassinet next to you, but main deck) or 11A (J bulkhead, upstairs, quiet, private?)

Whilst I personally can sleep 'OK' in the Mk1 SkyBed, it seems that many don't fare so well. This would be the prime consideration for you IMHO.

If the F or J seats excision is not significant for you, then I' aim for least chance of equipment change disruption - I do recall that QF5/6 seems to have equipment changes, and perhaps in your circumstance 11A makes sense -unless it becomes an A333 when all bets are off!

For me it would be lower deck, eyeshades and headphone/earplugs..... in the F seat as I much prefer the lower deck.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by YYCOllie

the F cabin is more quiet and private than the J cabin, and has a much better seat.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:24 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We are on QF 6 in a fortnight. I've been checking and the config hasn't changed for months.

We're doing 1/2A in Zone A. If we had to do the Skybed MkII I would change our flights to return from HKG on the A388.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:17 pm

This is not a 'great seat' question. Do the emergency exit seats in Y on the 380 have arm rests that do not move? We recently upgraded to exit rows (extra cost - more bucks for the airline) and I did not like the solid sides to the seat. This is an LAX to SYD flight.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The tray tables and video are stored with the armrests of the QF 388 exit rows - the armrests do not move.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:22 pm

The tray tables and video are stored with the armrests of the QF 388 exit rows - the armrests do not move.
Thanks for the info. I won't pay the exit row seat charge.

Flying today is hard - money - comfort - amenities - unless you are the lucky hi miles or wealthy flyers.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:52 am

I'm flying QF002 in a few months and can select any seat on the upper deck in whY (except 32A) - any recommendations? Do the bulkheads actually have enough space? Or are they a bit restricted?

As a side note.. I'm using my BA number in the booking and surprisingly it even let me choose seats on the 3 EK legs (QF flight number). I'm planning to use my BA number for QF2 then change to my QF number for the 3 EK flights (QF codeshare).

Last edited by flashware; Feb 28, 2014 at 10:00 am
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
the F cabin is more quiet and private than the J cabin, and has a much better seat.
Having done 11A on the outbound, and 3K on the inbound, I 100% prefer the "F seat sold as J" on the 744
- Quieter
- More space / less like a coffin
- More firm
- Long enough (I'm 190cm).
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flashware
I'm flying QF002 in a few months and can select any seat on the upper deck in whY (except 32A) - any recommendations? Do the bulkheads actually have enough space? Or are they a bit restricted?

Having met you and considering your stature, you would likely be fine (unless you really want to stretch out for long periods) in row 32.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.