Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Delta GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, National Emerald Executive
Thumbs up

MCO March 10 6PM
A Side
Emerald Executive

Lots of Impalas, Chargers and 300s. Ended up walking all the way to the end of the isle and found a 2011 Infiniti G37 with less than 1k miles.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:51 am

Hello, as a new member of the forum i am kind of confused about what is Emeralb Aisle and Emerald Reserve and Emerald Executive.

Since i live in Europe i cannot be a member of Emerald Club generally. Last year i rent a Premium car at MCO. I remember making the reservation online, going at the self service kiosk and then walking and pickip up a car.

I am not an Emerald Club member. Which of the above options did i end up? Aisle?Reserve?

In about a month i have an upcoming 9 day trip at MCO again and i am looking to rent an SUV. So i am lokking here to see what's available based on your experiences and i am confused between Aisle, Reserve, Executive etc. Are these different parking aisles where you pick your car?

Apart from that i would go for an SUV. Cherokee would be perfect but i do not want to end up with a KIA let's say. What other SUVs are there?
Thanks for your insights.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:57 am

Nikospep,

Since you are not an Emerald Club member you really didn't get any of the options.

However, it makes no difference if you are renting an SUV. With National what you will do is go to the counter, check in and they send you out to the cars. You will be sent to the SUV aisle where you can pick what you want from the available SUVs. Of course there is no gurantee you will get what you want, it just depends on what's in stock that day.

I think the only rental car agency that lets you "gurantee" a type of vehicle is Hertz (and I am not sure they still do that)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I think the only rental car agency that lets you "gurantee" a type of vehicle is Hertz (and I am not sure they still do that)
Hertz does let you reserve certain specific vehicles; when I want a Corvette Convertible or Infiniti G37 and not a "or similar," I go with Hertz. You do pay a premium to be picky, though.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:33 am

MCO Luxury Cars

I have a Luxury ressie next month with National. Anyone been there lately to see what kind of selection they have? Can you post what you have seen the in Luxry aisle. Does National have a specialty car class with any nice cars? Will they switch out a luxury for a specialty during spring break time?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:49 am

No, they probably won't switch you to "speciality" and that's especially true duing Spring Break.

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Mar 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:33 pm

Been about 18 months since Ive been to MCO, but mostly Caddys (SRX, STS).. Lots of Town Cars as well..
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:53 am

tricks to getting better cars?

I would love to try a Caddy SRX, hopefully they will have one in the Luxury aisle. Any body know any tricks to getting a specialty car when you have a luxury ressie? I have heard garage attendants may help you out if you tip them, but I wouldn't think a garage attendant would have the ability to grab the keys & let you go. Any tips that worked for anyone?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:57 am

tricks to get better cars?

I go a luxury ressie & don't want a land boat. Anybody have any tricks that works? I have heard if you are nice to a garage attendant & are willing to tip they will help you out, but I wouldn't think a garage attendant would have the ability/authority to upgrade you like that. Anybody have any luck?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Befriend the station manager.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Don't book luxury. They're land boats. @:-)

What do you really want? If you've budgeted enough for a luxury car, you should be able to confirm exactly what you want, especially if you're interested in something smaller than luxury.

What are you really after? Convertible? One of the Camaros?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:50 pm

I am just looking for a cool car. Maybe a Caddy CTS or SRX, Buick Enclave, Infiniti F35---just something fun to drive for a week on vaca.

I figured if I booked a Luxury (highest car catagory they had) I would have a better chance of picking something cool out. What is the best class to book to do something like this? Does National let you reserve a specific model?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Try going to Hertz.

Why do you need two threads on the same topic?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:06 pm

Since you are at MCO... your chances are slim of using "tricks" to get this upgrade.

You can try going to the "booth" where there are attendants and asking but honestly don't hold your breath. They aren't real "accomdating" there.

And be VERY sure to check your rate if you do get something else. I once looked down as I drove away and my $39 a day rate had risen to $200 a day... turned around and went back to deal with it, but the MCO "check out" attendant was really a jerk to deal with. (The manager who fixed it for me was fine!)
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
+1 on seawolf's suggestion - book the Hertz Prestige Collection. They offer more specificity in their high-end selections.

If this is in Orlando, I know that Hertz has a fairly extensive PC service there. I got a Jaguar there once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.