Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:28 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I picked up on 10/9 in the Term. A side and the selection was as noted above. It was the first time I have ever seen SUVs in the executive aisle there. There were also alot of Impalas.

I didn't want either and managed to get the only Altima there Usually we're stuck with the Impala or a Mazda. This was at about 9pm.
I hope the large SUV selection holds out until my next trip in December!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
You are getting closer. I saw two or threee HUGE Chevy Tahoes in the Exec Aisle this afternoon.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
MCO Cars

I just got back from MCO. I picked up Thursday afternoon and found a good selection in the Executive row. There were a number of SUV's. A few explorers, a Durango or two, a few Chargers, a few 09' Taurus (not the new style), and a few Tahoes. I took a Tahoe - I noticed they almost all were XFE (Xtra Fuel Economy or something like that) 2WD LT Models. Mine had leather and Non activated XM radio. I took my friend I was in town to see to the airport to rent a car and she reserved a premium and found a Caddy CTS in the row.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Selection at MCO is great. Departure, however is not -- Pitifully slow, every single time I lose about 20 minutes here while the one booth that is open tries to process seven families that have never rented a car before.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I hope the large SUV selection holds out until my next trip in December!
Bigger and better selection of cars on the B-side than the A-side. I usually see SUV's there but go for the cars. Even saw a couple of brand new Ford Flex's and Suburbans but I went for the Challenger. Good Luck!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Bonvoy, HHonors, National EC
Originally Posted by northsideguy
Bigger and better selection of cars on the B-side than the A-side. I usually see SUV's there but go for the cars. Even saw a couple of brand new Ford Flex's and Suburbans but I went for the Challenger. Good Luck!
+1.

We were at the B-side ES on 13-Nov and the SUVs outnumbered the cars 2 to 1. We ended up with a Chrysler Aspen, but there were GMCs aplenty. A hard-top jeep and a Kia, too, to balance things out.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
Much has changed in the past couple of weeks. I was on the B-Side on Friday and the entire EA row was filled with nondescript mid-size sedans. There were about 50 of them. The only other car of note in the Emerald Aisle was a single HHR, also not very noteworthy.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by bruinfan90
Much has changed in the past couple of weeks. I was on the B-Side on Friday and the entire EA row was filled with nondescript mid-size sedans. There were about 50 of them. The only other car of note in the Emerald Aisle was a single HHR, also not very noteworthy.
What was in the Executive Section? That's what we were posting. I was there last week, and the Executive Section had full size SUV's but I got a new LaCrosse.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Two reports

Sunday 12/13 1 PM or so... Side B. ES and EA YUCK! Nothing on either aisle but a lot of Malibus. Took a Hyundai that was pretty basic. Using two free days for personal travel.

Tuesday 12/15 noon or so. Returned "free" can picked up a car on the company. B side was practically empty and "Malibu" heavy. Walked over to A. One SUV, Malibu's etc. Took a bright blue Camry, still a stripped model. A did have more cars.

Just out of curiosity on Tuesday I checked the "Luxury" on both sides. Both had a couple of the 300s and Towncars. That was it!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:42 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Two reports

Sunday 12/13 1 PM or so... Side B. ES and EA YUCK! Nothing on either aisle but a lot of Malibus. Took a Hyundai that was pretty basic. Using two free days for personal travel.

Tuesday 12/15 noon or so. Returned "free" can picked up a car on the company. B side was practically empty and "Malibu" heavy. Walked over to A. One SUV, Malibu's etc. Took a bright blue Camry, still a stripped model. A did have more cars.

Just out of curiosity on Tuesday I checked the "Luxury" on both sides. Both had a couple of the 300s and Towncars. That was it!
This is disturbing - I thought that Malibu's weren't supposed to be in ES anymore since its now a Standard which is one below a FullSize.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:41 pm

Just returned from MCO. Had a two day rental and got a 300 loaded in the Executive Selection. It had only 1700 miles and the XM radio worked. Flying back to MCO tomorrow night. Hope I make it from ORD with all the snow forecasted!

Oh, FYI- They are changing B-Side around. Now to pickup cars with National you have to go to the right when entering the garage. Before you went to the left. The left side is for all returning cars and the pickup area is to the right of the escalator as you enter the gargage.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:12 am

Got lucky again on late Thursday, 7 Jan 09. Got a white new 300, 640 miles. It had leather and XM radio. Got it on ES aisle on B side.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Quick update.

Picked up 1/6 at around 5 PM.

No SUVs, Minivans, convertibles etc.. on the Executive or Regular Aisle (Side B) there were some of the 300's and other "sedans" (Did not do a "brand count) I took a stripped Altima which worked fine. Of course the mileage out was 88,000 and the return was 18,000 which seemed confusing (The "mileage out" was VERY wrong )
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Heading down on Saturday for a family vacation. Hope there are some SUV's or Minivans available as we'll have 4-5 suitcases.

I guess a 300 might be ok too, never been in one, are they bigger than an Impala?

I take it the B side seems to be the better side still?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Heading down on Saturday for a family vacation. Hope there are some SUV's or Minivans available as we'll have 4-5 suitcases.

I guess a 300 might be ok too, never been in one, are they bigger than an Impala?

I take it the B side seems to be the better side still?

I always go to B side. There has been some changes. The cars on to the right of the escalator as you enter the gargage. (Before you went to the right). The 300 has more room and trunk space than an Impala, but that's just my opinion. Good Luck. I'll be back in MCO on Tuesday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.