Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
12 members of my family and I went on a cruise but stayed in Orlando the night before. I decided to use a few of my free rental days and here is what I discovered:

1) MCO lets you use your free rental days for ANY kind of car. The website says "coupon applied at checkout" and when going to checkout, the whole fare for a 15 passenger van was comped.

2) We rented a few Toyota FJ Cruisers (Mainly for beer runs and luggage), and a 15 Passenger van.

I was pleased that they let me use those free days for any kind of car.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:47 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by rkmontoya
12 members of my family and I went on a cruise but stayed in Orlando the night before. I decided to use a few of my free rental days and here is what I discovered:

1) MCO lets you use your free rental days for ANY kind of car. The website says "coupon applied at checkout" and when going to checkout, the whole fare for a 15 passenger van was comped.

2) We rented a few Toyota FJ Cruisers (Mainly for beer runs and luggage), and a 15 Passenger van.

I was pleased that they let me use those free days for any kind of car.
I love renting out of MCO. I was just there for a full week rental on 6/3 to 6/10. I needed a minivan this trip to drive some friends around, but when I got to the ES/EA, there were no minivans (usually there are a couple). So, I just went to the minivan aisle and grabbed a nice Chrysler T&C (love the "mood lighting" in the passenger cabin! lol) and drove off. No problems.

^
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I love renting out of MCO. I was just there for a full week rental on 6/3 to 6/10. I needed a minivan this trip to drive some friends around, but when I got to the ES/EA, there were no minivans (usually there are a couple). So, I just went to the minivan aisle and grabbed a nice Chrysler T&C (love the "mood lighting" in the passenger cabin! lol) and drove off. No problems.

^
Interesting. I am usually fine with any car on the executive aisle but next week, we need a minivan in MCO for a family wedding. Prices are outrageous. I might give this a try. Did they question you at all at the gate?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Zeke09
Interesting. I am usually fine with any car on the executive aisle but next week, we need a minivan in MCO for a family wedding. Prices are outrageous. I might give this a try. Did they question you at all at the gate?
Nope. Maybe I got lucky.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 2:44 pm

Nissan Altima

Picked up a Nissan Altima at MCO Executive Aisle on Saturday June 27th with 6364 miles on it. Saw lots of Altimas and no mini-vans at all.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Hope you like Dodge Chargers! Man, there were about 20 Chargers, and Impala, and an Altima. A little variety would have been nice
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Thumbs up Jackpot!

Sat Aug 1st 6:30pm Executive Select on the B side at MCO

Nabbed a creamy white Chrysler Town & Country Touring 7-pax minivan with 12,000 miles and an Ipod port.

other choices were:

Toyota Sienna 8-pax minivan
2 Dodge Chargers
Impala
Malibu

Used an employer code w/LDW and $35 off coupon for $417.00 all in for a 2 week rental.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Shoes99
Picked up a Nissan Altima at MCO Executive Aisle on Saturday June 27th with 6364 miles on it. Saw lots of Altimas and no mini-vans at all.
Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
Hope you like Dodge Chargers! Man, there were about 20 Chargers, and Impala, and an Altima. A little variety would have been nice
7/28 executive aisle 9:30 am

2 mini vans

the above highlighted vehicles, we selected the Charger before, nice yet the beast ate gas!

couple of avengers (we have one, partial to it) yet,

snagged a toyata avalon, luxe interior & solid ride, weird wipers?

i was dismayed to see both a PT Cruiser & the large number of KIAs not my ideas of "standard" type vehicles
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: After years in the desert now e50k
Aug 3rd 2009 11:40pm

Executive had 2 chargers (bright red) and 2 convertible sebrings (that was it!!!). Saw a PT cruiser in the emeraled aisle.

Was feeling like a 'hoon' so I grabbed a charger

On the return (late Thursday) I noticed some Avengers in the emerald aisle. Couple of Avalons and Impalas in the executive aisle.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 1:25 pm

New cars again!

One of the reasons I fell in love with National was that nearly every time I used to rent, there were almost always a few new cars to be had, and there were seldom cars with more than 10K miles on the odo. Well, that's a rare occurrence these days! Many cars have higher mileage and I almost never see new anymore.

I rented out of MCO again last week, an old favorite. Picked up on 10/12 for 4 days. There was quite a variety on both the Emerald and Exec. aisles. The EA was full of minivans (quite handy if you need them), and there was even a Sebring convertible (which I have not seen on the EA in ages). The Exec. aisle had several large SUV's (gas is cheap in Orlando so I don't mind). Two of them that caught my eye were nearly brand new!

I was happy to see a pretty new Chevy Tahoe with barely 600mi on it. There was also a sparkling new Ford Edge with only 274 mi on her. Both were white, which I like.

I had taken the Tahoe and moved it by the corner of the lot to load up my luggage when I realized that the XM satradio did not look like it was activated... it only showed the "XM preview" channel and emergency channel on the display...

Well, I need my SirusXM OutQ radio! So I was happy to see that the Ford Edge was Sirius equipped, activated and ready to go.

On a funny note, I had moved the Tahoe back to the Exec aisle and taken the key to the office to confirm that the XM was not activated, and when I came back to the car, there was a guy in it with a silly grin on his face like he just made the score of the century. Apparently he hadn't even noticed there were no keys. lol He noticed me staring at him and was about to shoot me a look like "back off, this baby's mine" but I held up the keys and said "here, these might help". hehe.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the Edge for the next four days. I put a few miles on it too (I had to drive to Tampa). I forgot how much I love that new car smell.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:45 pm Reason: Info added
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:44 pm

Thumbs up Cars at MCO October 8

I don't know what was going on, but I swear Orlando airport A side has the best selection in their executive aisle out of any airport I've ever been to.

Arrived at 11PM Thursday night, October 8. List of cars below:

Several Chevrolet Suburbans, Ford Expeditions
2 Chevrolet Traverse's
3 Brand new redesigned 2010 Buick Century (1 of which i took)
Volkswagen Beetle
Jeep Cherokee w/removable top
Chevrolet Malibus

Definitely a great selection. But from the looks of things this might have been an anomaly. Good luck!^
Old Oct 23, 2009, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TorVegas81
I don't know what was going on, but I swear Orlando airport A side has the best selection in their executive aisle out of any airport I've ever been to.

Arrived at 11PM Thursday night, October 8. List of cars below:

Several Chevrolet Suburbans, Ford Expeditions
2 Chevrolet Traverse's
3 Brand new redesigned 2010 Buick Century (1 of which i took)
Volkswagen Beetle
Jeep Cherokee w/removable top
Chevrolet Malibus

Definitely a great selection. But from the looks of things this might have been an anomaly. Good luck!^
Buick Century? I think those were discontinued in 2005.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Buick Century? I think those were discontinued in 2005.
And the Jeep Cherokee was discontinued in 2001. What does this say about the effectiveness of GM & Chrysler marketing?

I'm happy the OP found a good selection. That seems not to be the norm any longer - although I understand this is a critical bunch.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TorVegas81
I didn't know they had a lot in the Terminal A side. I always go to the Terminal B side coming in on UA. Maybe I should try Terminal A if the selection is that good!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I picked up on 10/9 in the Term. A side and the selection was as noted above. It was the first time I have ever seen SUVs in the executive aisle there. There were also alot of Impalas.

I didn't want either and managed to get the only Altima there Usually we're stuck with the Impala or a Mazda. This was at about 9pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.