Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Got lucky and grabbed a 2011 Toyota Sienna LE from the Emerald Aisle at MCO earlier this month.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:53 pm

Some Stupid People

Hello! On 24 Sep 2010, I landed at MCO at 3:30pm and went over to the Executive Section. I was greeted by two managers, Michael and Scott. Had a nice chat with them. I picked a nice 300 and headed out towards Disney. At the OBT toll booth, the car started to misfire. By the time I got off I-4, the car was misfire and shaking badly, when I was stopped at a light.

I high tailed it back to the airport, hoping the car wouldn't seize up! When I was checking it back in, the check-in girl saw how badly it was shaking and called for a supervisor. Hammad came over and immediatley knew the problem. The idiot who rented the car before me put in Diesel Fuel instead of gasoline! How stupid are some people? I'm glad I brought it back and wasn't blamed for the diesel fuel. I can just imagine the bill National is going to send that person for the car repairs! Hammad took care of me and even knocked off $50 on my rental!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:57 am

Generally it's the other way. I have heard of lots of "stupid" Americans putting regular gas into Diesel cars.....
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Quick Report 10/1

10 AM B Side

Executive had lots of 300's, Grand Marquis, one Buick, one Altima.

Aisle has lots of Malibus, a Grand Marquis, some Camrys

No SUVs or Minivans.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Hello! On 24 Sep 2010, I landed at MCO at 3:30pm and went over to the Executive Section. I was greeted by two managers, Michael and Scott. Had a nice chat with them. I picked a nice 300 and headed out towards Disney. At the OBT toll booth, the car started to misfire. By the time I got off I-4, the car was misfire and shaking badly, when I was stopped at a light.

I high tailed it back to the airport, hoping the car wouldn't seize up! When I was checking it back in, the check-in girl saw how badly it was shaking and called for a supervisor. Hammad came over and immediatley knew the problem. The idiot who rented the car before me put in Diesel Fuel instead of gasoline! How stupid are some people? I'm glad I brought it back and wasn't blamed for the diesel fuel. I can just imagine the bill National is going to send that person for the car repairs! Hammad took care of me and even knocked off $50 on my rental!
Odd they were able to do that since the diesel nozzles don't fit into gasoline filler necks. On the other hand, a friend of mine (an Avis franchise manager) have had instances of people putting "water" (yes, H2O) into cars to "fill" the tank.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Just returned from MCO. First vehicle on the Executive Aisle (A side) was a Suburban. With three kids and two weeks worth of stuff, I didn't even look to see what else was on the aisle.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:26 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Learned something new...

Back in MCO for a few days, and then back again next week some more. It was nice to see a few new cars on the EA/ES (not many... but a few which is more than I've seen in a long time!). From UA I always go to B side.

The EA had a new Nissan Altima in red/burgundy, less than 500 mi. on the odo. In the ES there was a new Ford Fusion with less than 300 mi and working satellite radio. I almost took it, but upon inquiry learned a new "trick" about MCO...

I usually rent from the ES with a reservation for a "Premium" category (just because it's usually only a few bucks more than Full size for me). I noticed, however, that the new National section here has NO "Premium" marked section of cars for Emerald Reserve. I went to the Alamo booth/office (the National one is not even open anymore) and inquired about where to find "Premium" cars if I didn't like the selection in the ES at National.

Without batting an eye, he just said "right behind me... take any car you want. It says "Luxury" but just take anything there you want".... in the Alamo Luxury section (!). So they had a brand new Buck LaCrosse with 160 mi on the odo that I took (nice car but a bit mushy... kinda like your grandpa's Buick).

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that if you have a National ES reservation... pretty much the whole Alamo section is yours for the taking as well. Why? Because at the exit booth, she didn't know where I got the car from or who I talked to... she just scanned the ticket from the car and it worked. I'm pretty sure any Alamo ticket would work (except maybe their specialty cars). Note: I did drive back over to the National exit.

^^^
Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:36 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I was at the Executive aisle last Wednesday in "B" and found at least 6-8 Siennas. I took one with < 100 miles on it.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:39 am

Yesterday (10/31) around 1 PM. Side B

No minivans, convertibles on the Aisle or Executive. One Kia SUV (the smaller one) in the Executive Aisle

Executive had mainly Chargers, a few Sebrings, one Camry and one Altima (which I took) The Altima is very new (less then 2,000 miles)

Nothing real exciting!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Yesterday (10/31) around 1 PM. Side B

No minivans, convertibles on the Aisle or Executive. One Kia SUV (the smaller one) in the Executive Aisle

Executive had mainly Chargers, a few Sebrings, one Camry and one Altima (which I took) The Altima is very new (less then 2,000 miles)

Nothing real exciting!
We are heading down Sunday, anxious to try my new executive privledges! We are hoping for a large SUV or minivan but would be happy with just a charger. The weekly price with the $25 off coupon beats all other competitor's pricing.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was over at the A side this morning. ES had bunch of Suburbans. EA, mostly minivans.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Was over at the A side this morning. ES had bunch of Suburbans. EA, mostly minivans.
Would have had to go in and complain. They market this to BUSINESS travelers... do we really want a MINIVAN? LOL! I won't take one! It's not an "upgrade"IMHO!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Would have had to go in and complain. They market this to BUSINESS travelers... do we really want a MINIVAN? LOL! I won't take one! It's not an "upgrade"IMHO!
I won't take a Mini-van either. But just as a reminder, you can take cars from the "regular" area at the class you reserved or below - that's self-downgrading and perfectly acceptable.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:43 pm

Hi all!

I've tried to glance through the pages here, and I didn't see any confirmation or denial of my specific inquiry, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

Anyway, I'm holding a full size ressie with Alamo. I've been a member of Emerald Aisle for two years now, but I never used it before. So I decided to see what a midsize ressie logged in with my EA ID would look like. The price is about $30 more, but I booked anyway. My understanding is that a midsize rental qualifies for Emerald Aisle service, and not Emerald Reserve. My reservation does say level of service is Emerald Aisle, so I'm not concerned about that.

My issue is, I just can't decide which reservation to go with. We're 3 adults, with probably about 4-6 pieces of luggage. If I take the chance with Emerald Aisle in the hopes that there's something nice and full size, and we get there and there isn't, can I go over to Alamo and just use my full size ressie? I don't like doing that, keeping both reservations, but I'm concerned since I've never used EA before.

We're arriving right around noon on a Sunday, I'm wondering if that time period does anything to our chances of having a full selection from the Aisle.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by pipervali
Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Just wondering...if Alamo is cheaper and you'd get a full-size car, is there a specific reason to play Emerald Aisle roulette? I could see if you're building loyalty points for free days or Emerald Exec qualification, but it doesn't sound like it.

To answer your question, I think others have done exactly that (hold multiple reservations) and made the decision after looking at both choices. I don't think National charges a penalty for a no-show or late cancellation, but that could always change...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.