Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:37 pm

Rented August 17 at 5PM. Let me preface this by saying that this thread got my hopes up a couple weeks before my trip. I was really hoping to grab a Genesis or even a G35 as someone mentioned they picked up.

I Didn't get a good look at the Aisle, but executive had the below:

Hyundai Santa Fe's
Dodge Ram 4 Door
Toyota Sienna's
Nissan Xterra
Chevrolet Equinox (which I took) - sidenote: nice inside, but WAY underpowered.
Dodge Charger
Hyundai Elantra's

If I needed to move or haul a family around, I would have been happy. But for a weekend trip with a couple of friends I was a little disappointed. Here's hoping my luck in Hawaii is better!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:47 pm

Picked up on the A side on 8/25 around 12:30pm. Both Aisle and Exec sides were full of cars. Aisle had the usual Malibu's and Impala's. Exec had lots to choose from - Durango's, Traverses, a Genesis sedan, Escapes and Flex's and Edges.. It took me a while, I got in a Mazda CX-7 but didn't really like it. As agero2k5 said, you have to go to the end. The far end. There is a traffic lane dividing the aisle, but they go all the way to the end and that seems to be where they keep the gems. I ended up going with an almost loaded Edge with 3 miles on it. I almost went with a Volkswagen CC Turbo but I wasn't convinced 5 bags would fit in the trunk. Didn't see the Infiniti or Audi though.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by strongman71
Picked up on the A side on 8/25 around 12:30pm. Both Aisle and Exec sides were full of cars. Aisle had the usual Malibu's and Impala's. Exec had lots to choose from - Durango's, Traverses, a Genesis sedan, Escapes and Flex's and Edges.. It took me a while, I got in a Mazda CX-7 but didn't really like it. As agero2k5 said, you have to go to the end. The far end. There is a traffic lane dividing the aisle, but they go all the way to the end and that seems to be where they keep the gems. I ended up going with an almost loaded Edge with 3 miles on it. I almost went with a Volkswagen CC Turbo but I wasn't convinced 5 bags would fit in the trunk. Didn't see the Infiniti or Audi though.
you got to go there early in the morning to see the INFINITIS and other exotic vehicles between 8am til 11.30 the latest because there are more volume of people arriving from there destinations at that time and they put all the gems at that time thats their peak hours.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:18 pm

This afternoon's selection at Terminal A Executive Aisle:

Volvo S40 (missing keys)
Dodge Journey
Chevy Traverse
Toyota RAV4
Ford Crown Vic (or was it a Mercury Grand Marquis?)
Hyundai Santa Fe (x2)
Dodge Durango (x2)
Toyota Camry (x3)
Hyundai Sonata (x5)
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Lots of variety on the B-Side around 10 a.m. From the best I can remember...

Malibus
Impalas
Camrys
Altimas
Santa Fes
Edges
Escapes
Yukons
Tahoes
a Mustang
a Chrysler 200 convertible (which was already occupied)
and way at the very end of the aisle...a Hyundai Genesis (which I took)

Last edited by plagwate; Sep 22, 2011 at 11:09 am Reason: Restored original inventory posting.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:24 am

Hi folks.

I"m an EA member. I did a premium car rental for MCO. If I don't like the selection on the premium aisle, can I go to EA and get a car without an issue?

Another thing, I forgot to log into my National account before booking so I got the confirmation email and it says, Your level of service is Counter. Yet, the email also says: Emerald Club Members: Proceed to the Emerald Club area

So which is it?

Thanks for the help
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: na
hi

Originally Posted by PKCorey
Hi folks.

I"m an EA member. I did a premium car rental for MCO. If I don't like the selection on the premium aisle, can I go to EA and get a car without an issue?

Another thing, I forgot to log into my National account before booking so I got the confirmation email and it says, Your level of service is Counter. Yet, the email also says: Emerald Club Members: Proceed to the Emerald Club area

So which is it?

Thanks for the help
hey there i wish u were executive cuz they have real nice selections now.but anyways in the premium i,ve seen people getting camaros,challengers,lincoln mkx trucks,a mustang and,the old man car grand marquis.in the ea aisle ive seen a little better sometimes like a maxima,ford edge trucks,nissan muranos,ford escapes and ford fusion fully loaded and a mitsubishi eclipse so if u dont like anything in the premium i suggest to quickly change the reservation if you have a smartphone to a midsize so you can save money.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by agero2k5
hey there i wish u were executive cuz they have real nice selections now.but anyways in the premium i,ve seen people getting camaros,challengers,lincoln mkx trucks,a mustang and,the old man car grand marquis.in the ea aisle ive seen a little better sometimes like a maxima,ford edge trucks,nissan muranos,ford escapes and ford fusion fully loaded and a mitsubishi eclipse so if u dont like anything in the premium i suggest to quickly change the reservation if you have a smartphone to a midsize so you can save money.
Seems, they must have a glut of Premium and Small SUV's.

The Premium was $19 a day compared to $50ish for the midsize.

If memory serves right, the midsize for the weekend was $144. I snagged the Premium for $85 this morning. It was $21 a day but it dropped to $19 so I reserved again and canceled the old one. Guess, I will see next month.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
B Side - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1 pm

ES and EA weren't as heavily stocked as I've previously seen but still a wide selection.

GMC Terrain (which I took since I needed the cargo room)
Nissan Altima
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Sonata
Chevy Impala
VW Jetta
Chevy Malibu
Chrysler 200 Convertible
Dodge Charger
Ford Crown Vic
Kia Sportage
Hyundai Santa Fe
Jeep Compass
Dodge Caravan
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:32 pm

Getting into MCO about 7:30 this Saturday (I know, great timing). Any idea what my chances are of finding something bigger than an Impala in EA? I'd love to find a van/large SUV, so we could cancel our other reservation, but I know the likelyhood of that is pretty much zero.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
Oct 9 Report

picked up late Sunday ~6p from A-side. (ES)
Pretty standard for sedans
300's, Camry's, Maxima (didn't see any luxury/premium cars)
Also well stocked with Nissan Pathfinders, Kia Crossover, Chevy Traverse, a few minivans (Caravan?) and the Dodge Durango with 300miles and Sat Radio which I took for the cargo/passenger space, but looked to be well stocked and might indicate a better chance of larger vehicles on the aisle until Holidays hit?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Headed there this am

headed to MCO this morning (will arrive late afternoon) will give report
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:32 pm

MCO at Thanksgiving

Flying into MCO on Thanksgiving day. I'm Emerald club (not exec yet). Confirmed a premium (Buick Regal or similar). My first non-standard experience with National - what to expect? Vehicle selection??

Do I have to go to the counter since I reserved a specific class?

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
headed to MCO this morning (will arrive late afternoon) will give report
Arrived at MCO around 2:30 pm was able to snag a new ford mustang with 341 miles, there were several in elite aisle along with:

Chevy Suburban
Chevy Malibu
Chrysler 200 Convertible
Dodge Charger
Dodge caravan
Dodge 200 convertible
Ford Crown Vic
Ford explorer
Ford mustang convertible

There was a good selection of convertibles in the EA along with a couple cars mentioned above, some Hyundai and Kias

There were
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:23 am

Arrived at 1:45am after flight delay on Oct 15th.

National lot is empty except for 2 Chrystler Convertibles, 1 Mercury Grand Marquis (Premium/Luxury) section.
Alamo lot is empty with exception of a few Full size- Chevy Impala

A- Side:
Emerald Isle:
EMPTY!!!
Camry (someone drove off)

Exec Isle:
Dodge Durango
Chevy Suburdan (2)
Ford Mustand coupe

B- Side:
Emerald Isle:
Altima
Impala

Emerald Exec:
2012 Nissan Maxima (850mi) ->I grabbed it
Cadillac SRX!!! (guy said it was super rare) But it was dirty & leather was worn
Chevy Suburban
Impala
Hyundai Santa Fe

Last edited by SiDFresh; Oct 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.